Josh Barnett talks UFC relationship

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Josh Barnett talks UFC relationship
CwB
7/18/07 1:58:02PM
A short interview with Josh Barnett about his current contract and how he feels about UFC and Dana White. Sounds like Josh Barnett wants to be a UFC fighter again...

mmanews.com
masodd
7/18/07 2:01:55PM
good it will make the heavyweight even better
jahdoug
7/18/07 2:17:44PM
barnett's ability to meld effectiveness and success with the showmanship and entertainment value of Pro-wrestling moves, all while presenting himself intelligently should be viewed as a major asset to any promotion. I just hope he gets the crack at Fedor he has been asking for, wherever he ends up. I've loved him ever since he stood up w/ Pedro Rizzo for an entire fight despite being primarily a grappler.
casey64
7/18/07 2:21:25PM
Sweet I hope he does make it.
TOMMYAYO05
7/18/07 3:02:05PM
Thats cool that would definetley put ufc way above any other organazation with there heavyweights which was once a no good weight class now they have people like,kongo,crocop,nogueria,hearring,vera,couture and maybe fedor and barnett
thepunisher
7/18/07 3:05:31PM
I bet Bodog is trying to set up Fedor VS Barnett
KYGUY07
7/18/07 7:53:10PM

Posted by thepunisher

I bet Bodog is trying to set up Fedor VS Barnett

they prolly are.
SpiderSilva
7/18/07 8:37:28PM
I would like to see Barnett fight Silvia
thejuice
7/18/07 9:35:24PM
UFC hasn't even contacted him, glad to see Dana is living up to his promise of bringing in the best, "ALL OF THEM"...what about Gomi?? Soko?? Overeem?? Kang?? Now add Barnett to that list. What happened to Mark Hunt?? What a joke
Btews22
7/18/07 9:53:41PM
i would love to see him in the ufc although not a serious contender he will pose some interesting match ups
e-thug
7/19/07 12:42:30AM

Posted by Btews22

i would love to see him in the ufc although not a serious contender he will pose some interesting match ups

Not a serious contender?? the guy is considered a top 5 HW in the world, so to totally count him out is just plain silly.

I would love to see the Barnett Vs Fedor match.

I think Barnett could give him a few troubles
x_soa_x
7/19/07 2:40:32AM

Posted by Btews22

Hahaha, what?
thejuice
7/19/07 2:54:02AM

Posted by Btews22

Lol...not a serious contender. Cro Cop may have his number, but he tapped Hunt easily and fought a pick em fight vs Nog twice, beating him once. He was in the finals of the OWGP. This reminds me of people who pick Sylvia or Arlovski over Mark Hunt. Mark Hunt has problems with submissions, but I'm sick of hearing Randy would beat CC or Gonzaga would beat Fedor.
italianpride
7/19/07 2:56:20AM
thejuice said it best, ever since CC lost to Gonzaga every PRIDE HW is considered "overrated"...I have a feeling PRIDE HWs will take over.
x_soa_x
7/19/07 3:14:14AM

Posted by italianpride

thejuice said it best, ever since CC lost to Gonzaga every PRIDE HW is considered "overrated"...I have a feeling PRIDE HWs will take over.

Not ENTIRELY. Gonzaga's still a good fighter, as are Couture and Brandon Vera.
thejuice
7/19/07 4:47:22AM

Posted by x_soa_x

Posted by italianpride

Not ENTIRELY. Gonzaga's still a good fighter, as are Couture and Brandon Vera.

Yeah they are good, but are they going to beat Fedor, CC, Barnett, Hunt, Nog etc. Vera might be able to take 1 of the group, Gonzaga COULD tap Hunt but I doubt it, otherwise I think the PRIDE guys are far superior. Not to mention Aleks Emelinanenko and Kharitonov
jomatty
7/19/07 8:47:42AM
no way that barnett is not a serious threat to anyone he fights. he probably has the best chance of anyone in the world of beating fedor who is far superior to any other hw in the world right now. those nog fights were real battles and i would def like to see the rubber match to decide who gets a title shot at some point. dont know if the ufc would put them up against each other for awhile though, although as tough as they are it would no doubt be another battle and doesnt take anything aways from whoever loses.

matt
KingNewt
7/19/07 4:31:05PM
Picking him up would solidify the UFC HW division
BeerisGood
7/19/07 4:48:38PM
they need to have a rematch with crocop if UFC ever signs him