Josh Barnett Motivational poster

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Josh Barnett Motivational poster
scoozna
7/23/09 1:50:16PM
postman
7/23/09 2:12:45PM
Easy but funny enough. How about Bankrupter since Affliction is going under after this one
Nightmare27
7/23/09 3:03:46PM
That is crazy if that was on a cab to begin with
scoozna
7/23/09 3:23:37PM

Posted by postman

Easy but funny enough. How about Bankrupter since Affliction is going under after this one

i was thinking the same thing. How can you have your main event fall apart like that and survive?
ncordless
7/23/09 4:45:41PM

Posted by scoozna

Posted by postman

i was thinking the same thing. How can you have your main event fall apart like that and survive?

Hey they are getting a lot more publicity now.
bojangalz
7/23/09 5:04:05PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by scoozna

As sad as it is, you're right. The build-up to this show was pretty slow. I'm sure they were going to pile it on in the last week or so, but the ramp-up left much to be desired. Now Affliction is the lead story on every MMA page on the internet. It's some incidental press, but it's getting the word out none the less. Let's face it, the fans who were buying the PPV for Barnett are already so deep into this sport that they'll be buying regardless of who Fedor fights.

The fact that the show is getting an additional week's worth of coverage is probably a good thing for the promotion. The fans are taking a pretty big hit (especially the ones who already have tickets). But if Affliction folds after this event my guess is it has very little to do with Barney pissing hot.
postman
7/23/09 5:21:12PM

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by ncordless

Posted by scoozna

As sad as it is, you're right. The build-up to this show was pretty slow. I'm sure they were going to pile it on in the last week or so, but the ramp-up left much to be desired. Now Affliction is the lead story on every MMA page on the internet. It's some incidental press, but it's getting the word out none the less. Let's face it, the fans who were buying the PPV for Barnett are already so deep into this sport that they'll be buying regardless of who Fedor fights.

The fact that the show is getting an additional week's worth of coverage is probably a good thing for the promotion. The fans are taking a pretty big hit (especially the ones who already have tickets). But if Affliction folds after this event my guess is it has very little to do with Barney pissing hot.

I think this is their Kimbo/Seth moment. I can Honestly say I won't be buying this fight. I didn't really wanna buy the last one but I knew it was good for the sport and it had good fights. Now that I don't get to see Barney Fedor and Vitor Santiago, I don't care too much about it. There are some fights to watch but my $55 will be saved this time. I don't have any intrest in Vitor Fedor, and I don't see any other fighter they can put infront of Fedor right now. I spend alot of money on fights every year but I'm to the point that I know everyone and there brother is buying the fights and if the org isn't putting on the best fights I'm saving my cash. I bought alot of fights I wasn't into just to be part of the crowd that was keeping the sport alive, its alive and well now make the fights we want happen. Just my feelings on the matter.
breakdown5
7/23/09 10:38:47PM
Here's another funny one. Props to fightlinker for the linkage...

Drudinh
7/24/09 5:08:18AM

Posted by breakdown5

Here's another funny one. Props to fightlinker for the linkage...

I enjoyed that one. I truley wonder if Dana is behind this in any way. He probably knows a lot about how Barnett trains and what he is up to so probably had a clue into what was going on... then the random test. I don't know sounds to me like somebody is stomping out the competition and backing Fedor into a corner. where else is he gonna go. Does Bodog even exist anymore?