Josh Barnett Will Fight One More Time in Strikeforce

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Josh Barnett Will Fight One More Time in Strikeforce
sparky
5/22/12 10:09:20AM
Well prior to the Strikeforce Heavyweight World Grand Prix Final, it was announced that the eventual victor would have to fight one more time under the promotion's banner before moving over to the UFC.

As it turns out, the loser will have to do the same.

According to a report in USA Today citing Strikeforce and UFC parent company Zuffa as the source, Josh Barnett's next fight will also be in Strikeforce.

Barnett (31-6) fell to Cormier in a one-sided unanimous decision at last Saturday's Strikeforce: Barnett vs. Cormier event. Given his past history with UFC president Dana White, there had been speculation about what his future might hold given a loss, but now we know that he will be kept in the fold, though for Strikeforce, for at least one fight.

Link
Twenty20Dollars
5/22/12 11:50:02AM
Rematch? Or what?

Who else is there at HW?
FastKnockout
5/22/12 12:09:28PM
Strikeforce? Not interested. No one left.
prophecy033
5/22/12 12:34:26PM
Bring in Bob Sapp
scoozna
5/22/12 1:23:19PM

Posted by prophecy033

Bring in Bob Sapp

ha...i was thinking that Big Timmeh was desperate for a fight.
The_Casualty
5/22/12 1:39:18PM
Hope they don't bring any UFC guys over, They should just bring Strikeforce's top talent over to the UFC and end it already, the organization is dieing
DrivenDavies15
5/22/12 2:44:33PM
WHY?! There is so much more opportunity and better fights for him in the UFC. There is absolutely no one for him to fight in HW outside of the UFC that anyone would be interested in. End of story.
Boo_Radley21
5/22/12 4:22:20PM
This is a waste for real. The guy's old don't waste his time with a no name. Really who is left? Arlovski? I actually think him fighting sapp would be awesome.
MMAcca
5/22/12 4:23:25PM
Josh Thomson to move up
Budgellism
5/22/12 5:04:21PM
I bet they try everything in their power to get Fedor
george112
5/22/12 5:22:38PM
It's just one more fight. Whats the big deal. Plus his hand has to heal anyways

Nobody will be talking about Josh in a week I bet.

Id wait till his hand heals then start talking next move
cowcatcher
5/22/12 5:41:39PM

Posted by Budgellism

That was my first thought reading about this yesterday. Either to fight DC or Barney. It doesn't look likely with Fedor announcing that he's hanging them up, but stranger shit has happened.

What really sucks is both guys broke their hands so now it's time to wait until they heal, then they each have 1 more fight in SF, then they move to the UFC(well DC for sure, not sure about Barney considering his past issues). That timeline is going to take awhile to play out.
george112
5/22/12 5:50:52PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Budgellism

That was my first thought reading about this yesterday. Either to fight DC or Barney. It doesn't look likely with Fedor announcing that he's hanging them up, but stranger shit has happened.

What really sucks is both guys broke their hands so now it's time to wait until they heal, then they each have 1 more fight in SF, then they move to the UFC(well DC for sure, not sure about Barney considering his past issues). That timeline is going to take awhile to play out.

I agree.

Only flaw I have with MMA. The time it takes for things to play out.

Seemed like that grand prix went on forever
BeeR
5/22/12 7:18:30PM
fuck retirement, barney vs fedor.
do it, and do it big.
KungFuMaster
5/22/12 10:52:32PM
I say forget about this additional fight. Hurry up and bring Comier to the ufc. He deserves it. Barnett deserves it too. Let Barnett come back to the ufc and end his career where he started. Shoot - throw in the hall of fame while their at it.