Jose "Pele" Landi-Jons(in his prime) vs Anderson Silva

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Jose "Pele" Landi-Jons(in his prime) vs Anderson Silva
POLL: Who would have won?
Anderson Silva 64% (9)
Jose "Pele" Lani-Jons 14% (2)
Who cares 21% (3)
fedorwins1
6/12/08 12:46:49PM
Keep in mind Pele is almost a mirror image of Anderson Silva in terms of size. Pele is rumored to have beaten Silva many times in muay thai tournaments at Chute Box also. Obviously they are both very good friends and were training partners for many years at Chute Box, but if they had ever fought when Pele was in his prime who do you think would have won?

Jose "Pele" Landi-Jons Highlight
Omega
6/12/08 12:50:47PM
Would lose miserably. I'm just using his Chuck Liddell fight as a reference.
fedorwins1
6/12/08 12:57:18PM
I think it would be a pretty close fight, stylistically it's a good fight and it could go either way, but on the ground Silva is a lot better than Pele.

I would pick Silva by decision in a 3 round fight.
NatedawgThaM
6/12/08 1:33:40PM
I think this would be a pretty sick fight. Neither really do anything on the ground unless they are taken their. I'd expect an all out war on the feet. I just think Anderson takes it because it does not seem Anderson's accuracy and timing can be matched by anyone. I think it would be sick, amazing, and competitive for the 1st round, but once Anderson gets Pele's timing down, he's screwed. If Anderson was still at Chutebox I would lean towards Pele, but ever since Anderson started training with the Nog brothers, his whole all around came has come to an elite level. Anderson by KO late in the 2nd.

I mean when exactly was Pele's "prime"? Because if it was when he lost to Chuck, that is pretty freakin horrible. Because I don't even think Chuck in his prime could even touch Silva as he is right now in his prime. Especially since Anderson is a striker, not a ground fighter.

Omega
6/12/08 1:48:14PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I think this would be a pretty sick fight. Neither really do anything on the ground unless they are taken their. I'd expect an all out war on the feet. I just think Anderson takes it because it does not seem Anderson's accuracy and timing can be matched by anyone. I think it would be sick, amazing, and competitive for the 1st round, but once Anderson gets Pele's timing down, he's screwed. If Anderson was still at Chutebox I would lean towards Pele, but ever since Anderson started training with the Nog brothers, his whole all around came has come to an elite level. Anderson by KO late in the 2nd.

I mean when exactly was Pele's "prime"? Because if it was when he lost to Chuck, that is pretty freakin horrible. Because I don't even think Chuck in his prime could even touch Silva as he is right now in his prime. Especially since Anderson is a striker, not a ground fighter.

This is exactly why I said Silva would pretty much walk all over him.
89vision
6/12/08 1:57:19PM
Not many people know Pele has KO'd Anderson (granted it was sparring but still)