Jose Aldo Wager

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Jose Aldo Wager
FastKnockout
9/28/10 4:34:24PM
I'm not sure what to do with this situation. I'm new starting out, and the upcoming WEC event will be my first in the secondary league. I'm starting out with $1,000 and the only fight I feel comfortable with is the main fight with Aldo. But, the most I can make on this fight is like $147. Should I take the chance? In my opinion, Aldo has almost no chance of losing, but you never know. I would try to take a parlay, but I don't feel safe with any of the other fights on the card. Opinions?
emfleek
9/28/10 4:38:53PM
$147 isn't enough of a gain for me to take the chance on losing $1000, personally.
FastKnockout
9/28/10 4:42:09PM
That's how I feel. I just wanted more opinions before I made my final decision. I might just take a step back and look into more of the other fights and lay down small amounts.
scoozna
9/28/10 4:56:54PM
a) it's funny money
b) it's the secondary league
c) Man up!

BeeR
9/28/10 5:27:55PM
ride ride ride let it riiiiide
postman
9/28/10 6:28:52PM
I heard an interview with manny and it sounded like he had a head cold now I know he has a nasel voice but he blew his nose at least two times so take that for what it is worth.
seanfu
9/28/10 11:05:45PM
Never count out the strong wrestler.
CaranoGirl
9/29/10 12:42:58AM
If you want another strong bet for you parlay I would add the korean Zombie to it
BlueSkiesBurn
9/29/10 4:24:13AM

Posted by scoozna

a) it's funny money
b) it's the secondary league
c) Man up!

Co-signed. It's also near the end of the season, to the best of my knowledge.
emfleek
9/29/10 8:52:38AM
It's funny money, yes. But if the point of the game is to have the highest bankroll at the end of the "season", then I'm pretty sure a $147 gain isn't going to do jack to help you out.

Funny money or not, it's still a game and if you have any desire to ever win, you should be a little more selective and not so frivolous with your wagers.
BlueSkiesBurn
9/29/10 8:57:14AM

Posted by emfleek

It's funny money, yes. But if the point of the game is to have the highest bankroll in terms of wagers, then I'm pretty sure a $147 gain isn't going to do jack.

You're right, but you're also talking about a new member with a 7-4 record in the primary league.

He just joined this month. If you honestly believe he can catch up to some of the senior members on this site that have been wagering on the secondary league all season long then it's just funny money.

I don't advise this sort of wagering at the beginning of the season, but he's a new member.

Aldo is as sure of a bet as anything this day in age. Plus, someone already gave him advice on how to parlay that bet into larger earnings.
emfleek
9/29/10 9:02:34AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

He just joined this month. If you honestly believe he can catch up to some of the senior members on this site that have been wagering on the secondary league all season long then it's just funny money.

It's 100% absolutely possible with the given parlay system. If you *don't* think it is, you're high.

Likely? No. Possible? Absolutely.
BlueSkiesBurn
9/29/10 9:11:48AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

It's 100% absolutely possible with the given parlay system. If you *don't* think it is, you're high.

Likely? No. Possible? Absolutely.

*Quoting Chris Carter* "Come'on MAN!!!"

You know I'm a drinker.

Actually, I've never mentioned this, so I will now. I am allergic to weed. High is the one thing I never will be. (in the atypical sense that when we say "you must be high" that we're referring to weed).

That's why I threw the caveat in there saying that "this is something that I wouldn't recommend at the beginning of the season."

He can do it, but he'd need Biff Tannen's copy of the Sports Almanac from BTTF 2 or an amazing run of luck to do so.
emfleek
9/29/10 9:16:04AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

He can do it, but he'd need Biff Tannen's copy of the Sports Almanac from BTTF 2 or an amazing run of luck to do so.

It's happened before. Guys have hit parlays in excess of $500,000 in the past. I believe there have even been a few that have surpassed $1,000,000.
BlueSkiesBurn
9/29/10 9:27:22AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

It's happened before. Guys have hit parlays in excess of $500,000 in the past. I believe there have even been a few that have surpassed $1,000,000.

RECRUIT THEM!
scoozna
9/29/10 10:36:30AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

All this may be true, but I just don't think he or she will be having any fun on this site if they are publicly fretting about the Secondary league.
emfleek
9/29/10 11:03:07AM

Posted by scoozna

All this may be true, but I just don't think he or she will be having any fun on this site if they are publicly fretting about the Secondary league.

He was asking for opinions to get a feel for how others operate and to see if he was right with his assumption. I don't think he was fretting.

In your original post, you told him to "man up". Wagering your entire bankroll on (what most would consider) a sure thing for a meager/minimal gain is the opposite, in my opinion. Nancy Boy Wagering is more like it.
BlueSkiesBurn
9/29/10 11:06:11AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by scoozna

He was asking for opinions to get a feel for how others operate and to see if he was right with his assumption. I don't think he was fretting.

In your original post, you told him to "man up". Wagering your entire bankroll on (what most would consider) a sure thing for a meager/minimal gain is the opposite, in my opinion. Nancy Boy Wagering is more like it.

Well played, Mauer. Well played.
FastKnockout
10/1/10 1:03:11AM
When does the site update? So far I don't see any records of my picks or wagers for tonight's WEC card.
FastKnockout
10/1/10 1:05:25AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by scoozna

What he said! I like the site so far, and just want to have some fun. I just wanted to see how everyone else does things and their opinions.
gartface
10/1/10 11:32:03AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by emfleek

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

RECRUIT THEM!

Flashy G has hit some huge ones in the past right? So have you Fleek.
emfleek
10/1/10 11:33:50AM

Posted by gartface

So have you Fleek.

Not nearly that big. I think 40 or 50k is the most I've hit? Not sure.
gartface
10/1/10 11:35:49AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by gartface

So have you Fleek.

Not nearly that big. I think 40 or 50k is the most I've hit? Not sure.

Almost positive you've hit one in excess of $100,000.