Jose Aldo: Don't pay attention to Dana White, I'm not afraid to fight Anthony Pettis

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jose Aldo: Don't pay attention to Dana White, I'm not afraid to fight Anthony Pettis
SmileR
9/2/13 2:16:12PM
"I can fight Cain Velasquez if they want. It's not up to me, I'm not the matchmaker. I want to fight, I'm here to fight. I train everyday to destroy whoever they put in front of me. I'm not scared of anyone. They have two arms and two legs, and I will do my best and win. I agree with everything Andre says, and I can fight anyone. Sometimes Dana says things that you better not pay attention. (Dana) knows he promised us things and he knows he has to give us, so that's why he says those things. We'll see what happens."

Link
Webbie
9/2/13 2:37:14PM
Wow. I hate to say it, but I'm starting to dislike Aldo a bit.

KNOCK HIM THE FUCK OUT, SHOWTIME!
Chael_Sonnen
9/2/13 3:14:16PM
Listen, Pettis is ready for Hose A. I think they should fight in Brazil. Once Anthony returns from Rio with HIS belt, he can truly say 'he went to Hell and back' to defend it.
jjeans
9/2/13 4:14:09PM
Book it, this fight would sell like hot cakes and be a FOTY candidate.

@ LW have Melendez/Sanchez winner vs TJ Grant
@ FW have Lamas vs Swanson.

Mendes and Edgar's buyrates were awful. Having either of those two in a rematch probably isn't in there best interests.
grappler0000
9/2/13 4:20:04PM
Right on cue. First off, Dana said that Jose was not necessarily scared, but his manager made it seem that way. Secondly, IMO the statement was made to get a reaction out of Jose, to draw him and the media's attention to a fight that he would like to see. The media seeks a response directly from Jose, perpetuating the interest and media coverage even further. It's funny because people sometimes call Dana a puppet master for all of the wrong reasons. Evil genius.
Webbie
9/2/13 4:22:49PM

Posted by grappler0000

Right on cue. First off, Dana said that Jose was not necessarily scared, but his manager made it seem that way. Secondly, IMO the statement was made to get a reaction out of Jose, to draw him and the media's attention to a fight that he would like to see. The media seeks a response directly from Jose, perpetuating the interest and media coverage even further. It's funny because people sometimes call Dana a puppet master for all of the wrong reasons. Evil genius.

Indeed.

Thank you, Mr. White. Aldo vs. Pettis would be a dream come true for me
postman
9/3/13 11:41:28AM
If you read the article Aldo is out until 2013 i think it meant 2014. Like I said before Aldo has been king of his division for years Pettis is UFC Champ for a few min and everyone expects Aldo to drop everything he earned to move up? Seems like it should be his choice.