Jones would replace Reem, but not against JDS

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jones would replace Reem, but not against JDS
Manak
4/12/12 6:05:51PM
http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/145685.html

"Jones admits that, if he emerges unscathed from the Evans fight, he would definitely be up for the task. The only problem being his friendship with current champion Dos Santos."

here is to hoping that no mms fighters ever hangout with each other at any point in their lives so their "Friendship" won't get in the way of them fighting
Bubbles
4/12/12 6:22:18PM
he just doesnt want to get KTFO. Jones would probably face Gonzaga or Nelson
Wallass
4/12/12 7:07:58PM
God no Jones! We've all been waiting too long for Rashad and he to fight and with a week to go barring no injuries it will finally happen. Not saying Jones wouldn't beat JDS but I want to see Rashad and Jones!
mattjonesy
4/12/12 7:32:44PM
Blah blah blah! I dont think ive ever wanted Rashad to win a fight before but I will definetly be rooting for him!
postman
4/12/12 8:15:59PM

Posted by mattjonesy

Blah blah blah! I dont think ive ever wanted Rashad to win a fight before but I will definetly be rooting for him!

Agreed
sbulldavid
4/12/12 9:32:36PM

Posted by postman

Posted by mattjonesy

Agreed

Same thoughts, LHW has always been a competitive division and we don't need another division with one side match-ups. Rashad needs to win if only to keep the match-ups fresh.
Sir_Karl
4/12/12 9:35:12PM
Two things. Number 1....I think Jones should be fighting at HW anyhow. Number 2....I am so sick of fighters being friends and not wanting to fight each other. It damages the sport. Imagine if two sports teams would never face each other? Same thing.
FastKnockout
4/12/12 10:15:24PM
"The only problem being his friendship with current champion Dos Santos."

Yeah, we've heard that before.
FlashyG
4/12/12 11:13:12PM
if you can't beat'em...Call them your friend?
RhythmAndStyle
4/13/12 12:36:55AM
'friends'..LMFAO..come on now..ur not real friends, and im kinda sure JDS would fight Jones in a heart beat..and Jones says he doesnt fight 'friend / team-mates'..wassup with u and Evans?..was that not a friendship at one point?..like Ice Cube said, if ur scared go to CHURCH!..neff said...
tcunningham
4/13/12 2:48:38AM
who cares. this fight would never happen anyway.
ianinspain
4/13/12 7:09:31AM
So Rashad was never his friend eh............
gartface
4/13/12 9:12:39AM

Posted by ianinspain

My thoughts exactly. Why is it that teammates aren't off limits to Jones, but a guy in another camp and in another weight class is?
airkerma
4/13/12 9:45:26AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by ianinspain

My thoughts exactly. Why is it that teammates aren't off limits to Jones, but a guy in another camp and in another weight class is?

actually two guys in two different weight classes now. Maybe the four of them were all at the bar playing pool together and rashad scratched on the final shot (8 ball corner pocket, duh)?
edit: and then jones and dana were all "here we go!"
jay98107
4/13/12 11:01:47AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by ianinspain

Probably because he actually likes one of them. Regardless of whatever meaning you attach to the term teammate, it isn't synonymous with friend. I like JDS way more than Evans, so I know how Jones feels
Pookie
4/14/12 8:10:17PM
I think that would be a super tough fight for Jones.