Jones not happy with fighting Bader

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Jones not happy with fighting Bader
AfroSamuraiTHEBEAST
10/4/10 4:45:28AM
I just saw an article on fightline.com that Bones isn't too happy fighting Badar. I would link it but my computer is being stupid so I cant copy the link for some reason.

But I kind of feel his pain. Their both huge prospects, or with Badar's win even though that judge decision is questionable, he's a contener now, but they both are huge favorites to get a title shot next year or the year after the way their going.

Badar's fought the better competition too so I think it's a step down, i mean not competition wise because to me Jones is better but i think as far as becominga star is concerned im sure he wants an already established vet to get a title shot. I think Badar should be fighting the winner of Rampage-Machida to see who gets the next title shot, and Bones should be picking a fight with Forrest Griffin, Rich Franklin, or Thiago Silva although silva seems to be getting Vera eary 2010. But I think Jones should be getting an established vet in order to set up a #1 contenders match for himself after that.

But too me this is like putting Cain vs Dos Santos right now, too early. Let em both get big like their doing with those heavyweights and theirs plenty of good light heavyweights for them.
postman
10/4/10 8:34:48AM
Link

I don't like the fight either for the same reason as him as well as I think it is another easy win for him. I would rather see him fight Rich Franklin.
prozacnation1978
10/4/10 10:10:24AM
I really do think winner of bader vs jones should get next title shot
gartface
10/4/10 10:42:26AM
I think Jones will win, but he needs to watch his mouth and focus on this fight or he will get knocked out or wrestled to death. To compare Bader's boxing to Matyushenko and O'Brien's is a little disrespectful. He at least has knockout power that Jones definitely needs to be weary of.
Jackelope
10/4/10 11:15:06AM

Posted by gartface
To compare Bader's boxing to Matyushenko and O'Brien's is a little disrespectful. He at least has knockout power that Jones definitely needs to be weary of.

Here's what he says in the article-

"I'm actually really sick of fighting this type of style," said Jones when asked about the prospective match-up. "Matt Hamill, Matyushenko, Jake O'Brien... they all have that similar kind of style. Their main focus is that double leg dive and [they have] sub-par boxing.

I think his comparison was pretty accurate, actually.
Chael_Sonnen
10/4/10 11:56:15AM
Jones by TKO late round 2.
seanfu
10/4/10 1:02:46PM

Posted by gartface

I think Jones will win, but he needs to watch his mouth and focus on this fight or he will get knocked out or wrestled to death. To compare Bader's boxing to Matyushenko and O'Brien's is a little disrespectful. He at least has knockout power that Jones definitely needs to be weary of.

Exactly. Careful matchmaking dare I say?
gartface
10/4/10 1:34:58PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by gartface
To compare Bader's boxing to Matyushenko and O'Brien's is a little disrespectful. He at least has knockout power that Jones definitely needs to be weary of.

"I'm actually really sick of fighting this type of style," said Jones when asked about the prospective match-up. "Matt Hamill, Matyushenko, Jake O'Brien... they all have that similar kind of style. Their main focus is that double leg dive and [they have] sub-par boxing.

I just think that Bader's boxing is better than Matyushenko and O'Brien.
AfroSamuraiTHEBEAST
10/4/10 1:43:51PM
Meh, I don't know. Badar's technique isn't all that great either I just think he obviously has more power then those guys which makes him more dangerous but he's going to have to get through that reach to land too. I just think wherever this fight goes Bader is screwed. He could try to wrestle him but Jones has those judo throws, I think he'd just Karo Parysian his ass until he got top position and owned him.

But imagine if this happened late next year instead or the year after if Bader where to improve on his boxing skills and gain some solid technique? THIS FIGHT BE CRAZY! Bader kind of has alot to prove in this fight though to prove to us he's a world beater. So either way it should be a good one.

State_Champ
10/4/10 2:24:03PM

Posted by postman

Link

I don't like the fight either for the same reason as him as well as I think it is another easy win for him. I would rather see him fight Rich Franklin.

I agree!
seanfu
10/4/10 2:47:07PM

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by postman

Link

I agree!

Rich would be easier imo.
postman
10/4/10 6:06:14PM

Posted by seanfu

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by postman

Link

I agree!

Rich would be easier imo.

No way Bader better land a punch in the 1st or its over Rich can go a 3 full rds. He is battle tested and a win over Rich moves you up the ranks so much more then Bader.
kaduey
10/6/10 6:34:18PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by gartface

Matt Hamill has better stand-up than Bader imo.
fedordynamo
10/7/10 6:17:55AM
Bader's gonna get boned like Bonnar
bjj1605
10/9/10 12:03:13PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by gartface

is

Hammil is at least on Par with Bader, if not better. Matyushenko is there technique wise, but lacks the power (as you mentioned.) But comparing Bader to other fighters with sub par boxing does nothing to prove that Jones is wrong. If you can say "Bader has better boxing than Nog (clearly not true)" or "Bader has better boxing than Rampage/Rashad" then you would have a case. As it stands I don't think you've even made an argument against Jones.

I agree with postman though. I mentioned it in another thread. Since neither guy is "proven", a win over either doesn't really launch you into the Upper Echelon. I think you need to match the up against a guy who's has experience at that top level. Rampage, Forrest, Machida, or Rich Franklin would do nicely.