Jones Flips Out: Is He Ready For the Spotlight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Jones Flips Out: Is He Ready For the Spotlight
kopower
3/20/10 11:59:36PM
Jon Jones has been unflappable to this point in his young UFC career. The kid is only 22 years old and carries himself in and out of the cage like he's had 15 fights with the promotion. There's always a calm about him. That was until today when showed a little too much emotion during the weigh-in for his fight against Brandon Vera. Jones got in Vera's face prompting UFC president Dana White to separate the fighters.

Link
Taylor8766
3/21/10 1:38:20PM
IMO hes ready for the spotlight, he just got i Vera's face to hype it up a a bit more and to tell Vera that even though Vera's been in there with some top level opponents Jones isnt backing down.
TheBestEVER
3/21/10 3:45:48PM
Jones is without a doubt ready for the spotlight and if he wins this fight hes going to be the UFC's next marketing figure..... However I do not think he wins this fight tonight, I think he pissed off Vera which probably wasnt a great thing to do.
karn501
3/21/10 6:05:46PM

Posted by TheBestEVER

Jones is without a doubt ready for the spotlight and if he wins this fight hes going to be the UFC's next marketing figure..... However I do not think he wins this fight tonight, I think he pissed off Vera which probably wasnt a great thing to do.

I think vera has to fight like he did before running into sylvia if he wants to have a chance at beating jones if he fights like he has been lately jones will Destroy him IMO
TheBestEVER
3/22/10 11:47:12PM
Crazy good fight for Bones. I wasnt sure if he had it in him before the fight because I thought we would see Vera of old. The guy is two years older than me I couldnt imagine competeing on the highest stage fighting the best fighters in the entire world. Jon Jones is going to be a big star
shotokansun
3/23/10 2:14:42AM
After seeing how he collected himself after the weigh in "scuffle" (if you can even call it that) I know that he is ready for the big time. He carries himself with a lot of confidence, but doesn't show any arrogance. He strikes me as very humble, and looks like he respects his opponent (even if they do get inside of his head like Vera must have).

Even after his DQ loss, he carried himself well through it and came out looking like a class act. He knew what he did was wrong (even if it was after the fact) and understood that the DQ was in some way justified, and really just left it at that and didn't make a big scene about it. That takes a lot of class to handle that situation, especially at young age.