Jon Jones Wants to be Considered One of the Greats in UFC History

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jon Jones Wants to be Considered One of the Greats in UFC History
prophecy033
3/16/12 11:12:21PM
UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has a supreme confidence that he will not only be the best 205-pound fighter for many years to come, but that it is truly his destiny to stay on top.

As he approaches the biggest fight of his young career, it’s hard to believe that this time two years ago Jones was just getting ready for his bout against Brandon Vera.

Fast forward 24 months and Jones has not only won the UFC light heavyweight title, but he’s defended it two times since then, finishing off two former champions in Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Lyoto Machida.

Link
tcunningham
3/16/12 11:54:52PM
im not on the john jones bandwagon but i will say that if he keeps dominating top fighters in his weight i think its possible. ive never been a A. silva fan but there is no denying that he is the greatest champion in ufc history. if jones wants to be one of the greatest ever thats what he's gonna have to accomplish or close to it.
prophecy033
3/17/12 12:12:57AM

Posted by tcunningham

im not on the john jones bandwagon but i will say that if he keeps dominating top fighters in his weight i think its possible. ive never been a A. silva fan but there is no denying that he is the greatest champion in ufc history. if jones wants to be one of the greatest ever thats what he's gonna have to accomplish or close to it.

Im not a fan of either guys as people but their skillls are tops in the sport. Anyone who denies that either hasn't seen them fight or is lying to themselves. Silva has already established himself as arguably the greatest fighter this sport has ever seen. Jones is well on his way to becoming that, if not more, given his age and mix of skill and size
rush13
3/17/12 1:43:04AM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by tcunningham

Im not a fan of either guys as people but their skillls are tops in the sport. Anyone who denies that either hasn't seen them fight or is lying to themselves. Silva has already established himself as arguably the greatest fighter this sport has ever seen. Jones is well on his way to becoming that, if not more, given his age and mix of skill and size

Well said...Jones is on his way, the only thing that makes me curious is his age, he is still so young so I wonder how that will impact his career.
FlashyG
3/17/12 1:54:05AM
I think Jones is already one of the greats.

He can put his resume of victories up against anyone in UFC history and still be at worst comparable, the fact that he's still young is even more impressive since he still has a lot of potential to improve.

His attitude may hold him back in the opinion of some fans, but as far as his accomplishments and his record in the Octagon he's already in the conversation as the best LHW in UFC history.
KungFuMaster
3/17/12 2:09:21AM
I hope Rashad gives him the GREATEST ASS WHOOPIN' of all time is what I'm thinking.
Cooler
3/17/12 2:50:38AM
I thought he already thought that about himself
rush13
3/17/12 4:03:54AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I hope Rashad gives him the GREATEST ASS WHOOPIN' of all time is what I'm thinking.

At least u can hope
prophecy033
3/17/12 5:23:39AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I don't really see that happening but stranger things have happened i.e. Serra finishing GSP
george112
3/17/12 7:49:38AM
Since its early in the morning ill just say he's well on his way.

No use saying what somebody already said
airkerma
3/17/12 10:40:18AM
I suspect when all is said and done, jones will be the greatest of all time, but he needs to stay focused and stay in the sport for years...and not lose. One thing i cant stand about him is hes 24 or so with 2 title defenses. Im 26 with 0 titles or defenses...what have i done with my life
Poor_Franklin
3/17/12 1:40:58PM

Posted by airkerma

I suspect when all is said and done, jones will be the greatest of all time, but he needs to stay focused and stay in the sport for years...and not lose. One thing i cant stand about him is hes 24 or so with 2 title defenses. Im 26 with 0 titles or defenses...what have i done with my life

im undefeated in professional mma fights.
Pookie
3/17/12 3:40:52PM
He already is.
KungFuMaster
3/18/12 10:43:46PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by KungFuMaster

I don't really see that happening but stranger things have happened i.e. Serra finishing GSP

I don't see it happening either but man....would I love to...