Jon Jones on Vitor Belfort: "I've already fought more tougher opponents than he has."

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jon Jones on Vitor Belfort: "I've already fought more tougher opponents than he has."
Next Page »
Shawn91111
9/8/12 9:28:20AM
When Jon Jones steps inside the cage in Toronto on Sept. 22, he'll be staring across at a walking breathing MMA relic. Though only 35-years old, Vitor Belfort began fighting at roughly the same time as retired MMA legend Randy Couture.

In fact, the now 49-year old Couture handed the then 20-year old fresh-faced Belfort his first MMA loss and the two famously battled twice more with Couture taking two of three against the young Brazilian.

Belfort battled old school legends in their prime -- guys like Couture, Tank Abbott, Chuck Liddell, Wanderlei Silva, Kazushi Sakuraba, Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz, Alistair Overeem and Dan Henderson.

Since rededicating himself to the sport after testing positive for steroids following a decision loss to Henderson at Pride 32 in 2006, Belfort is 7-1 and has faced notables Terry Martin, Matt Lindland, Rich Franklin, Anderson Silva, Yoshihiro Akiyama and Anthony Johnson.

LINK
Shawn91111
9/8/12 9:32:02AM
Sure Jon, sure

Wanderlei
Couture-x2
Liddell
Henderson
Overeem-x2
Sakuraba
Franklin

....Tank Abbott

Oh and the fighter you...wont fight Anderson Silva
george112
9/8/12 10:13:51AM
While I have my doubts about Belfort beating Jones, Jones couldnt be anymore off base.

Win or lose I still respect Belfort probably more then I ever will for Jones
jae_1833
9/8/12 11:11:09AM
I am pissed at the guy too, but Belfort and everyone else who is puffing their chest out at Bones is taking it a bit too far.....he will remain champ and is probably stay undefeated for some time.....it will yake Andy or a HW to put down Bones.....guaranteed.
JoeWarren33
9/8/12 11:27:19AM
I have never witnessed a fighter in MMA tarnish his name so quickly!
Does Jon Jones, even have a clue of what he is even saying?
Vitor hasn't fought tougher opponents then him? Give me a break!! lol
kopower
9/8/12 11:39:51AM
Oh Jon. Hopefully he's just trying to hype the fight, but I'm guessing not.
prophecy033
9/8/12 12:07:00PM

Posted by george112

While I have my doubts about Belfort beating Jones, Jones couldnt be anymore off base.

Win or lose I still respect Belfort probably more then I ever will for Jones

Belfort is my Dude. He's been my favorite fighter since I don't know when. I have my doubt Jones will win because Jones is so Damn good. I may not like the dude (at all) but you have to be real and being real tells me Jones will probably win. But Jones Damn mouth just keeps digging and digging. He digs any more and he's gonna pop up in China.
Although Jones has fought tough dudes and has a pretty good resume, Belfort has a pretty Damn good one as well. And I respect the shit.out of Belfort because when his sister got kidnapped and he had no clue where or how safe he was, he kept going. That was the down point of his career. He wasn't fighting very well and his head seemed to be elsewhere but he kept going. He may have been mentally weak in the cage but he had to be mentally tough to keep pushing when your sister is missing.
tallica62
9/8/12 12:12:01PM
"more tougher"??

at least I know I could kick JJ's ass in a most smartest contest
bootyclause
9/8/12 12:13:40PM
now people are just getting butthurt over Jones.

He clearly has the best track record in LHW history. Stop clinging to the past.

Shogun is possibly the best LHW ever. Modern Rashad and Machida are a lot better than the old timers in their prime. This sport has evolved so much. Jones made them all look foolish.

Oh by the way, Vitor lost to half those guys. Jones is dominating ever known guy with style. Gimme a break saying Vitor has done more.

bootyclause
9/8/12 12:16:35PM
and did somone seriously mention Tank Abbott as evidence that Vitor fought tougher guys.

Seriously.

Seriously?

SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?

Come on, what the hell are you people watching. Tank would not last a round with most guys Jones fought.
NE-1
9/8/12 12:22:04PM
Wow, Jon. That's the more stupiderest thing I've ever reads
cowcatcher
9/8/12 12:29:44PM

Posted by bootyclause

Shogun is possibly the best LHW ever. Modern Rashad and Machida are a lot better than the old timers in their prime. This sport has evolved so much. Jones made them all look foolish.

Oh by the way, Vitor lost to half those guys. Jones is dominating ever known guy with style. Gimme a break saying Vitor has done more.

This post is racist.
prophecy033
9/8/12 12:36:22PM

Posted by bootyclause

Is this a Jon Jones account?
kopower
9/8/12 1:00:58PM

Posted by tallica62

"more tougher"??

at least I know I could kick JJ's ass in a most smartest contest

airkerma
9/8/12 1:31:37PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by bootyclause

This post is racist.

I'm offended by everything in this thread!
TeamDEY
9/8/12 1:48:00PM
Oh boy. Is Jones intentionally trying to lose fans?
Franklinfan47
9/8/12 2:22:01PM
bjj1605
9/8/12 2:27:27PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by bootyclause

This post is racist.

jay98107
9/8/12 3:10:10PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Sure Jon, sure

Wanderlei
Couture-x2
Liddell
Henderson
Overeem-x2
Sakuraba
Franklin

....Tank Abbott

Oh and the fighter you...wont fight Anderson Silva

Unable to accept props, you must spread the love to other users a little more before you can give props to this user again

Shawn91111
9/8/12 3:29:29PM

Posted by bootyclause

and did somone seriously mention Tank Abbott as evidence that Vitor fought tougher guys.

Seriously.

Seriously?

SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?

Come on, what the hell are you people watching. Tank would not last a round with most guys Jones fought.

Yea it was a joke, just like your posts
jjeans
9/8/12 3:49:21PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by bootyclause

Seriously.

Seriously?

SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?

Yea it was a joke, just like your posts

I normally naturally dislike your posts because your Shawn but this was hilarious haha
infestructure
9/8/12 4:56:44PM

Posted by bootyclause

- Don't feed it guys. I don't know if this guy has always been a troll, but he's been pretty trollish his last few posts. Examples from the Jon Jones 151 debacle...

Posted by bootyclause

and one other thing, let's not pretend like the 95% white middle American fan base doesn't have a little bit of bias in all this.

Posted by bootyclause

this issue continues to be idiotic and borderline race related. Jones did nothing wrong.

Maybe he's just having a bad week.
ghandikush
9/8/12 7:21:10PM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by bootyclause

- Don't feed it guys. I don't know if this guy has always been a troll, but he's been pretty trollish his last few posts. Examples from the Jon Jones 151 debacle...

Posted by bootyclause

and one other thing, let's not pretend like the 95% white middle American fan base doesn't have a little bit of bias in all this.

Posted by bootyclause

this issue continues to be idiotic and borderline race related. Jones did nothing wrong.

Maybe he's just having a bad week.

I think he's serious. Hilarious and wrong, but serious.
UFC_Fanatic
9/8/12 9:48:10PM
Yes Jones, you've fought tougher opponents than Belfort.... And I've slept with Emma Stone.
prophecy033
9/8/12 10:48:14PM

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

Yes Jones, you've fought tougher opponents than Belfort.... And I've slept with Emma Stone.

You too? MAN she gives a great hummer
Bubbles
9/8/12 11:55:52PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

stop rubbing it in...I was stuck with the other Emma (Watson) she should take lessons
Chael_Sonnen
9/9/12 12:20:44AM

Posted by bootyclause

bootyclause is the official ASS CLOWN of the PG
Chael_Sonnen
9/9/12 1:29:07AM
We all know Vitor has fought the tougher opponents, but let's take this debate one step further.......

Who has the better nickname?

Vitor is aptly titled 'The Phenom' while JJ is named after an erection.

Phenom > Boner
thevoodooninja
9/9/12 1:35:37AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

stop rubbing it in...I was stuck with the other Emma (Watson) she should take lessons

you can pass watson over to me, i'll teach her a thing or two, send the other one over too, i wont mind a bit
Aether
9/9/12 11:37:46AM
Other than Anderson, I agree with him. The sport evolves so rapidly that anyone who defends a belt a few times will have pretty much automatically fought the hardest competition that has ever existed in their division. The lineup of Bader, Shogun, Rampage, Machida, and Evans all in a row is a lot tougher than just about everyone on Vitor's list other than Anderson.

If you take into account how fast the sport evolves, it's hard to argue that whatever contenders are around at any given time are not the most skilled group of fighters that have ever lived.
Pages: [1] 2