Jon Jones tells the UFC he’s ready to fight ASAP

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jon Jones tells the UFC he’s ready to fight ASAP
Shawn91111
1/7/12 5:52:53PM
After his dominant win at UFC 140, Jon Jones talked about taking a break from fighting and treating his parents to a vacation.
Jones' inactivity lasted just three weeks before he began to get the itch again.
"[Jones] called about four days ago and said 'okay let's go, I'm done with vacation.'" UFC president Dana White said on "The MMA Insiders" on ESPN1100/98.9 FM in Las Vegas (12:37 mark). "He said he wanted to take all this time off and then they were calling me four days ago saying he wants to fight as soon as possible. He's ready to go."

LINK
Budgellism
1/7/12 5:56:51PM
Alright, Enter Hendo.
DrivenDavies15
1/7/12 6:06:29PM

Posted by Budgellism

Alright, Enter Hendo.

Crossing my fingers!
Twenty20Dollars
1/7/12 6:40:04PM

Posted by Budgellism

Alright, Enter Hendo.

yeah, seriously. Make that fight happen.

Then the winner of that fight can fight the winner of Evans/Davis, so we don't have to wait for a winner between Evans and Davis.
DoTheMMAth
1/7/12 7:38:43PM
As easy as it is to lean towards not liking this guy, they're setting them up and he's knocking them down rapid fire. Can't deny how impressive his coming out party has been.
prophecy033
1/7/12 7:51:09PM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

Posted by Budgellism

Alright, Enter Hendo.

Crossing my fingers!

If this fight gets booked, ill be one happy fan
pmoney
1/7/12 8:02:09PM

Posted by Shawn91111

"[Jones] called about four days ago and said 'okay let's go, I'm done with vacation.'" UFC president Dana White said....

I know that phone call from anywhere. That's the, "I was planning on taking my baby mama around the world, but now she's getting on my last nerve and I need to beat someone up" phone call.

It's a fact that getting away from the baby mama is 90% of the reason men go to work.
prozacnation1978
1/7/12 9:30:53PM
Have him face hendo in march or april
Lesnar1
1/8/12 1:48:17AM
Gotta respect Jones willingness to fight more than any other champ in the UFC, a Hendo matchup would make for an incredible fight.
Travesty145
1/8/12 3:10:59AM
why are so many people begging for a fight with hendo? it will not be close. hendo stands no chance and really is not deserving of a title shot anyways
pmoney
1/8/12 3:25:23AM

Posted by Travesty145

why are so many people begging for a fight with hendo? it will not be close. hendo stands no chance and really is not deserving of a title shot anyways

In my opinion, you are incredibly wrong about Hendo not deserving a title shot. Hendo and Evans are the only guys who deserve a crack at the belt. Hendo has won more fights, in a more convincing fashion than Evans.

However, I do think you are right about Jones destroying Hendo. I thought Machida was the front runner to beat Jones, and he certainly did the best out of any of Jon's opponents thus far.

Jones showed a pretty damn good chin taking Machida's shots as well. Hendo more likely than not hits harder, but his chances of getting to that jaw are smaller than Machida's.

I won't count Dan out against anyone though. I will never root against him either.
Travesty145
1/8/12 5:52:21AM

Posted by pmoney

Posted by Travesty145

In my opinion, you are incredibly wrong about Hendo not deserving a title shot. Hendo and Evans are the only guys who deserve a crack at the belt. Hendo has won more fights, in a more convincing fashion than Evans.

However, I do think you are right about Jones destroying Hendo. I thought Machida was the front runner to beat Jones, and he certainly did the best out of any of Jon's opponents thus far.

Jones showed a pretty damn good chin taking Machida's shots as well. Hendo more likely than not hits harder, but his chances of getting to that jaw are smaller than Machida's.

I won't count Dan out against anyone though. I will never root against him either.

its not a matter of dan hitting harder its just that he throws that sloppy ass wild right hook. of course that shit will knock out anybody it touches. but then again, it didnt knock out jake shields. and btw, keep in mind that dan henderson wants to fight for the ufc 205 championship, yet lost to the ufc 185 pound champion then got destroyed by a guy who is 1-2 in the ufc 170 division. how in gods name can anybody say he has a chance or is deserving? it blows my mind. really does
supatolacyl
1/8/12 6:47:47AM
Jones will wait and take his vacation after his next fight. Knowing that Evans is booked to fight Davis and the winner to be given the next title shot, So Jones speaks up that he wants to fight again as soon as possible, leaving Hendo. After he beats Hendo (granted he gets past the H-bomb and Hendo still can move fast enough to land it) and Evans gets past Davis, Jones will then take that extended vacation, sighting he has fought so much he needs a break. Now I am not saying he is "Ducking" Evans but rather a little psychological warfare with Evans head a tad bit, because once again Evans will be so close to the title fight for the 3rd or 4th time and then boom it's swept away again for another 6 months. Evans will be left hoping he don't get injured again or beat if he chooses to stay busy. I think this plan could possibly push Evans over the edge and make him go full blown crazy, which would be great for Jones. This could all be a conspiracy I cooked up in my head a 5am too
State_Champ
1/8/12 9:40:03AM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

As easy as it is to lean towards not liking this guy, they're setting them up and he's knocking them down rapid fire. Can't deny how impressive his coming out party has been.

I don't see how people could dislike him.
His fights (and fighting style) are so fun to watch!

How do you dislike a guy that strikes with spinning elbows and jumping front kicks, who often muscles/tosses opponents to the floor with ease so he can land vicious (skull cracking) ground 'n' pound, and who has subbed some of the best fighters at 205 (including one into unconsciousness)?
emfleek
1/8/12 9:58:21AM
DANA WHITE: "Henderson likely..."

LINK
Manak
1/8/12 10:21:18AM

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by DoTheMMAth

How do you dislike a guy that strikes with spinning elbows and jumping front kicks, who often muscles/tosses opponents to the floor with ease so he can land vicious (skull cracking) ground 'n' pound, and who has subbed some of the best fighters at 205 (including one into unconsciousness)?

its not his fighting style, that part is freaking amazing. I think its more his personality, to me, personally i think he is fake and there is just something there that suggest he is actually kinda of a tool but its just a feeling, either way he could be doing this for years to cement a legacy. i just hope he doesnt start point fighting and keeps on finishing ppl in highlight fashion
Chael_Sonnen
1/8/12 11:59:44AM
Chael's ready
Budgellism
1/8/12 2:42:45PM

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by DoTheMMAth

It's his personality, not the way he fights.
Budgellism
1/8/12 2:43:48PM

Posted by Manak

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by DoTheMMAth

its not his fighting style, that part is freaking amazing. I think its more his personality, to me, personally i think he is fake and there is just something there that suggest he is actually kinda of a tool but its just a feeling, either way he could be doing this for years to cement a legacy. i just hope he doesnt start point fighting and keeps on finishing ppl in highlight fashion

Looks like you beat me to it
NaturalBornKiller92
1/8/12 3:15:00PM

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Its how he acts outside the octagon not inside it.
Dberntson
1/8/12 3:46:40PM

Posted by Travesty145

To say Hendo doesnt deserve a title fight is ridiculous. He's the former Striheforce LH Champion, he's won 4 in a row, including 3 KOs and the fight of the decade, all against top level competition. His victories are over the #2 rated LH and former UFC champ at the time they fought, the Strikeforce LH champ and a victory over the greatest HW of all time at HW. Not to mention the fact that he is a mma legend, has fought top competition throughout his career and is a future Hall of Famer.
BigBadAl
1/9/12 7:02:26AM

Posted by supatolacyl

Jones will wait and take his vacation after his next fight. Knowing that Evans is booked to fight Davis and the winner to be given the next title shot, So Jones speaks up that he wants to fight again as soon as possible, leaving Hendo. After he beats Hendo (granted he gets past the H-bomb and Hendo still can move fast enough to land it) and Evans gets past Davis, Jones will then take that extended vacation, sighting he has fought so much he needs a break. Now I am not saying he is "Ducking" Evans but rather a little psychological warfare with Evans head a tad bit, because once again Evans will be so close to the title fight for the 3rd or 4th time and then boom it's swept away again for another 6 months. Evans will be left hoping he don't get injured again or beat if he chooses to stay busy. I think this plan could possibly push Evans over the edge and make him go full blown crazy, which would be great for Jones. This could all be a conspiracy I cooked up in my head a 5am too

This is what I was thinking.
machodog76
1/9/12 2:27:34PM

its not a matter of dan hitting harder its just that he throws that sloppy ass wild right hook. of course that shit will knock out anybody it touches. but then again, it didnt knock out jake shields. and btw, keep in mind that dan henderson wants to fight for the ufc 205 championship, yet lost to the ufc 185 pound champion then got destroyed by a guy who is 1-2 in the ufc 170 division. how in gods name can anybody say he has a chance or is deserving? it blows my mind. really does
, You make it sound like he lost to Jake and then got, "destroyed" (which he didn't, he kicked the crap out of jake and gassed and got grapple f*cked for the rest of the fight) in another fight, it was 1 fight. He's coming off 2 impressive wins over 2 of the best in the world and most everyone else is booked. I can't stand all this crap about fighters not deserving title shots, if people want to see it an the fighters are both ranked why not?
KungFuMaster
1/9/12 4:29:59PM

Posted by pmoney

Posted by Shawn91111

"[Jones] called about four days ago and said 'okay let's go, I'm done with vacation.'" UFC president Dana White said....

I know that phone call from anywhere. That's the, "I was planning on taking my baby mama around the world, but now she's getting on my last nerve and I need to beat someone up" phone call.

It's a fact that getting away from the baby mama is 90% of the reason men go to work.

I only became an avid fisherman after I got married.
Wallass
1/13/12 7:19:01PM
Say what we want of the guy but mad props to him for taking so many fights. He's definitely a "fighting" champion!
MMASouthAfrica
1/14/12 3:41:05AM
The LHW division is like a soap opera... just cant seem to make the fights happen when they need to. Think its has to be Hendo