Jon Jones Says Daniel Cormier is “Probably A Little Better” At Wrestling But MMA Isn’t Wrestling

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jon Jones Says Daniel Cormier is “Probably A Little Better” At Wrestling But MMA Isn’t Wrestling
FastKnockout
10/31/12 11:43:23AM
Jon Jones responds to the question about how his wrestling matches up to that of former Olympian and Strikeforce heavyweight Daniel Cormier.

LINK
postman
10/31/12 11:47:49AM
LOL yeah just a little better! Juco national champ<Olympian

I have not wanted to see a guy lose this bad since ever! Only thing I can think that is even close is the Dalas Cowboys of the early 90's.
BillsNewAccount
10/31/12 12:43:31PM
Cormier is everything JJ is not. Cormier is a little guy dominating the biggest mma has to offer. JJ is big enough to be a HW and he's fighting back to back MWs. 2013 JJ is going to realize fighting people his own size is much more difficult.
SamPan
10/31/12 12:52:22PM
I have some issues with Jones as well. But there's wrestling and then there's mma wrestling. No one thinks Jones could get on a mat and pin or outpoint Cormier. But in the ring, I think he's too elusive and has too many tools for a guy like Cormier.
postman
10/31/12 1:14:22PM

Posted by SamPan

I have some issues with Jones as well. But there's wrestling and then there's mma wrestling. No one thinks Jones could get on a mat and pin or outpoint Cormier. But in the ring, I think he's too elusive and has too many tools for a guy like Cormier.

Jones himself seem to think he would stand a chance. “Cormier’s probably a little bit better than me (at wrestling), but it’s not a wrestling match at all. When you talk about knees and submissions and punching and kicking him in the face, and upkicks, it’s just not a wrestling match,” Jones said.

On a wrestling mat Jon Jones isn't even close to DC thats my point. He thinks he could hang with DC if i inturpret the quote correctly. Had he said DC is a better wrestler but this isn't wrestling. I would be fine with that. But he is putting himself in a class close to DC and hes not even close.
frizzzlecake
10/31/12 3:10:13PM
Bones makes a great Heel.

I still remember that awesome slam DC did too Josh..
BillsNewAccount
10/31/12 3:24:42PM
Bubbles
10/31/12 4:45:59PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

http://middleeasy.com/images/stories/Author_Kieran/2012/11/daniel-cormier.jpg

you could just post the picture instead

Chieftan1997
11/1/12 10:08:41AM
Jones needs to be knocked off his high horse a bit, no way he's anywhere as good as Cormier at straight wrestling!!! I hope they do fight soon I think Cormier has a better chance than most to beat Jones!!! I used to be a Jones fan but I can barely stand the guy now!!!