Jon Jones vs Junior Dos Santos.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Jon Jones vs Junior Dos Santos.
POLL: Would you watch? who wins?
yes jones 18% (7)
yes JDS 80% (32)
no 3% (1)
tmas
9/26/12 5:09:10PM
are you intrested in this possiblity ever? Both guys are the same height, both weigh around 230-240. who do you think wins?
prophecy033
9/26/12 5:13:50PM
JDS would snap Jones like a twig
FastKnockout
9/26/12 5:19:45PM
He could make it competitive but I don't see him being able to withstand JDS' striking. Jones would make easy work of a lot of the slower HWs but JDS is just too quick without giving up any of his strength/power.
shaneTpain
9/26/12 5:20:50PM
i don't think this will ever happen but if hell froze over & it did I would be rooting for JDS & I imagine he'd knock Bones block off same as he did Cain
kopower
9/26/12 5:23:52PM
Agreed. JDS would hurt Jon. His length and reach wouldn't be as effective. I also don't see how Jon would be able to take Junior down either.
Cooler
9/26/12 5:31:16PM
They are the same height and Jones still has a 7 inch reach However, I don't see him having the same wrestling advantage and his reach wouldn't mean as much imo. I would pick JDS by TKO.
Poor_Franklin
9/26/12 5:46:13PM
JJ has a lot of room to grow into his frame. I have always thought JJ would fair well at HW & even had The Oracle at Delphi tell me that JJ would be a HW Champ in 2014.

If he cleans out LHW & moves up to HW, I hope he doesn't rush it & the ufc avoids the BIG matchups & let's him move into the weight class gradually by giving him a couple of gatekeepers first.

also, i voted that yes i would watch it & JDS. JDS, Cain & Overeem would rule him right now.
TeamDEY
9/26/12 5:55:26PM
I don't understand why people say Jones would win. Dos Santos or Velazquez for that matter, could go through Jones.
tmas
9/26/12 5:55:44PM
i think it would be closer then you are all letting on....but i would take JDS by KO
aussiemma
9/26/12 6:02:16PM
i think no one can really say who will beat the other because we have never seen jones at hw yet.

Imagine jones with another 30-40lbs of muscle and size added on. Can't wait too see jones move to hw and really get tested...it's like he is toying with the guys at 205 and finishes them when he pleases.
kingsmasher
9/26/12 6:08:00PM

Posted by prophecy033

JDS would snap Jones like a twig

not neccesarily...youd be surprised on how big guys deal with guys that are quicker...I actuallly would pick Jones cause reach factor and speed...JDS wont take him down and I see standing with a smaller quicker guy bad for JDS...

Fedor had the most trouble with smaller quicker guys...

ONe punch of course would hurt jones but with Greg Jackson in his corner I am sure he will do the front kick and use his reach to keep the fight at his distance...
kingsmasher
9/26/12 6:09:56PM

Posted by aussiemma

i think no one can really say who will beat the other because we have never seen jones at hw yet.

Imagine jones with another 30-40lbs of muscle and size added on. Can't wait too see jones move to hw and really get tested...it's like he is toying with the guys at 205 and finishes them when he pleases.

i think he is toying with these guys because he trains for so long and wants to test himself...

I would say for JDS good luck finding a training partner with Jones athleticism and reach...
kopower
9/26/12 6:19:31PM
Jones really doesn't have big knock out power in his punches, whereas Dos Santos has huge ko power. Jon does most of his damage in close quarters, and gnp. The only way I would see Jones winning, is if he were able to take Junior down, and hurt him with elbows, or use his long limbs to lock up a sub. I think Dos Santos is just as agile, if not more than Jon; also to strong to allow a td by Jon. I would love to see the fight, if Jon keeps demolishing fighters at 205, and moves up.
postman
9/26/12 6:21:17PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by aussiemma

i think he is toying with these guys because he trains for so long and wants to test himself...

I would say for JDS good luck finding a training partner with Jones athleticism and reach...

Pretty sure you can say that to anyone Jones fights.
ghandikush
9/26/12 6:27:47PM
Jones would dismantle JDS. Jones would be about the same size after bulking up a bit, not to mention his cardio would be phenomenal for a heavyweight.

I pick Jones, I say he shocks the world by taking JDS down with throws and cuts him up.

Also dont forget JDS can jab Jones all he wants but he has to open up to hurt Jones and can be countered.

Overall JDS only does one thing and does it great, mantains great range and punches.
kingsmasher
9/26/12 6:43:11PM
Wheres all this crazy power come from people are talking about from JDS...he clipped Cain behind the ear and couldnt KO Nelson....

Also I think cardio will be what gets JDS beat....Greg Jackson would say use your kicks for two rounds then JDS would lose all his KO power then Jones takes him down...

Its all gameplan and Greg Jackson is the Freddie Roach of MMA..

Of course JDS wins if you see them swinging for the fences....I would take alot of fighters over Jones if he stood and banged....but with overall gameplan I got Jones...I got CAin over JDS if he doesnt do that stupid plan he did last time that left me head scratching...Dana White said the same thing...

Poor_Franklin
9/26/12 7:07:25PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Wheres all this crazy power come from people are talking about from JDS...he clipped Cain behind the ear and couldnt KO Nelson....

tmas
9/26/12 7:16:24PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Also I think cardio will be what gets JDS beat....Greg Jackson would say use your kicks for two rounds then JDS would lose all his KO power then Jones takes him down...

Of course JDS wins if you see them swinging for the fences....I would take alot of fighters over Jones if he stood and banged....but with overall gameplan I got Jones...I got CAin over JDS if he doesnt do that stupid plan he did last time that left me head scratching...Dana White said the same thing...

lol what? So not finishing someone with the best chin in quite possibly all of MMA = no power?.....hitting someone in the exact spot you are suppose to diminishes power? what?
aussiemma
9/26/12 7:29:42PM
don't know what your talking about there kingsmasher...jds has finished numerous people with one punch ko's in the ufc, he has serious power.
FastKnockout
9/26/12 7:42:42PM
JDS is a small HW. Jones has room to add more muscle mass if he isn't cutting down for LHW. If he moved up, the only major difference would be reach.

And honestly Jones never caught me as quick, at least not for a LHW, and JDS has shown a decent speed advantage against opponents. I'd give the edge to JDS.
FastKnockout
9/26/12 7:43:45PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Seriously dude? GTFO.
thevoodooninja
9/26/12 7:52:04PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by kingsmasher

Seriously dude? GTFO.

Bubbles
9/26/12 10:21:36PM

Posted by kingsmasher

only 1 person has ever KO'd Nelson. So I fail to see how that is relevant when he has KO'd everyone else
Bubbles
9/26/12 10:22:57PM
teh kingsmasher has to be one of, if not the biggest nuthugger I have ever seen....and I spend 3 years on sherdog
jjeans
9/27/12 10:20:14AM

Posted by Bubbles

teh kingsmasher has to be one of, if not the biggest nuthugger I have ever seen....and I spend 3 years on sherdog

Woahh? Have you met me?

Kingsmashers the most argumentative, closed minded person I've seen on a forum...
Theoutlaw08
9/27/12 12:46:44PM
I think this would be an awesome fight. I would have to side with Jones tho. Although I think the fight would be an all out war. Jones has too much in his bag of tricks. Both guys are amazing fighters. Jones late round sub....
airkerma
9/27/12 2:27:50PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Bubbles

Kingsmashers the most kind, intelligent, and beautiful person I've seen on a forum...

Wow J, who's hugging whose nuts now? Take a step back from teh smasher, will ya
Chael_Sonnen
9/27/12 7:21:32PM
Junior would double JJ's current hospital bill.......Junior would beat JJ so badly that JJ would turn into an Albino/Ginger "Bieber-Gangsta" likes what's his name? You know, the kid with the white crooked hat with the unbent bill who has a cool looking pencil-thin beard.

Junior 3rd rd TKO
ncordless
9/28/12 6:29:01AM
I'd love to see it and would take Jones all day long.

Jon could get to his lil bro's size easy. Just as he cuts to 205 now, he could be cutting to 265 in a year or two. If that's the the case, then Jones will be bigger, faster, and a lot more well-rounded than JDS. The thing about HWs is that it doesn't take much talent to be really awesome there.\

Love both fighters, but if when they fight Jones has gone to HW to stay, I think he'd be too good for any HW.