Jon Jones: I could have finished Rashad Evans in training

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jon Jones: I could have finished Rashad Evans in training
emfleek
4/15/11 4:02:36PM
The champion, almost brazenly, claims an advantage in style, preparation and experience.

"We fought each other in practice," said Jones, who pushed his record to 13-1 with last month's triumph. "A finish has been possible several times and it has always been me finishing him. I never did it out of respect that he was the elder of the school. It's against protocol in a way. Some people would do it but I believe in tradition.

"He has a lot to study. I have a lot to study, but I get to study[ing] more in-depth. He gets to study[ing] and gets a headache."

LINK
tallica62
4/15/11 5:06:04PM
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
DeadHead988
4/15/11 5:07:10PM
Damn! Them's be fightin' words!
RyanC
4/15/11 5:45:05PM
I officially don't like Jon Jones.
Chael_Sonnen
4/15/11 5:48:10PM
Rashad will be lucky to SURVIVE 3 rounds.
DeadHead988
4/15/11 6:02:48PM

Posted by RyanC

A little bit of cockiness is just something that goes with the title. Nothing to get you're panties in a twist about.
machodog76
4/15/11 6:05:29PM
And so Jones takes begins his journey down the low road. I'm a fan but bragging about practice is a chump thing to do.
RyanC
4/15/11 6:10:52PM

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by RyanC

A little bit of cockiness is just something that goes with the title. Nothing to get you're panties in a twist about.

Panties in a twist? I'm allowed to like and dislike whoever I please. Jones has been one of my favorites since he burst onto the scene. I've always thought he was very classy, humble and respectful. That was one of my favorite things about him, but for me that all just went out the window. I think it's rather poor form to start talking about stuff that happened in training when Rashad was supposed to be his friend, and by all accounts did everything he could to help Jon Jones develop.
RyanC
4/15/11 6:11:47PM

Posted by machodog76

And so Jones takes begins his journey down the low road. I'm a fan but bragging about practice is a chump thing to do.

You said it so much better than me.
FastKnockout
4/15/11 6:31:41PM
Jones always had the choice to finish Evans, but never did due to respect? Riiiiight.
Bubbles
4/15/11 7:01:42PM

Posted by RyanC

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by RyanC

Panties in a twist? I'm allowed to like and dislike whoever I please. Jones has been one of my favorites since he burst onto the scene. I've always thought he was very classy, humble and respectful. That was one of my favorite things about him, but for me that all just went out the window. I think it's rather poor form to start talking about stuff that happened in training when Rashad was supposed to be his friend, and by all accounts did everything he could to help Jon Jones develop.

at least this new attitude is better than the Kobe incident. he was classy and respectful (for the most part)...but Jones is a friend of the law rather than raping some chick
Budgellism
4/15/11 7:36:59PM

Posted by RyanC

He's speaking the truth. Rashad is acting like a child and Jones is just telling it like it is. I'm almost positive this doesn't get out of the 1st round.
Chael_Sonnen
4/15/11 7:54:32PM
Yup...the truth hurts....as will Suga when Bones puts the stamp on him.
TheAngelOfDeath
4/15/11 8:10:38PM
People have been discounting Evans since the day he walked into the TUF house...............and he has proven a lot of people wrong before. Don't be surprised..................
jay98107
4/15/11 8:16:48PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by RyanC

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by RyanC

at least this new attitude is better than the Kobe incident. he was classy and respectful (for the most part)...but Jones is a friend of the law rather than raping some chick

What the hell are you talking about and what does it have to do with anything? He was innocent and that was eons ago. I feel like I'm about to hear a Monica Lewinsky joke.
jay98107
4/15/11 8:18:44PM

Posted by RyanC

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by RyanC

http://mmaweekly.com/ufc-light-heavyweight-champion-jon-jones-saves-the-day-again

He's still a pretty classy guy.
machodog76
4/15/11 8:23:45PM
I think Rashad is at a significant disadvantage here. Greg Jackson knows his game inside and out, so he has to change a lot of his fundamental techniques if he doesn't want to be predictable. Where as Jones can just keep doing what he does best. I say Jones 2nd round TKO.
postman
4/15/11 8:32:02PM

Posted by RyanC

I get the feeling it won't be long before we see alot more of this.
postman
4/15/11 8:35:36PM

Posted by jay98107

Posted by RyanC

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by RyanC

http://mmaweekly.com/ufc-light-heavyweight-champion-jon-jones-saves-the-day-again

I wanna see pictures of the woman.
TeamDEY
4/15/11 9:37:25PM
I hope Rashad tears him apart.
icantthinkofanything
4/15/11 10:06:19PM
If Rashad thought he was going to lose to Jones, he would have let Rampage or Machida take the fight instead, Maybe Rashad had been holding back his full potential, because he knew he would fight Jon Jones someday. I think Rashad is get his ass beat, but if he can land a punch or get the takedown,i think he has a chance to win
Lesnar1
4/15/11 10:37:54PM
Well now he can do it 4 real when they fight man this guy is cocky.
Chael_Sonnen
4/15/11 11:08:07PM
People are saying Jones is not classy.....didn't Rashad grab his balls and blow a kiss to Forrest during their fight? Talk about classy.

Jones is the future of the 205 division.....get over it.
FastKnockout
4/15/11 11:15:41PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

People are saying Jones is not classy.....didn't Rashad grab his balls and blow a kiss to Forrest during their fight? Talk about classy.

Jones is the future of the 205 division.....get over it.

Eh, who really knows. Evans was supposed to be the ****, but Machida knocked him out. Machida couldn't be touched, but Shogun knocked him out. Shogun was the next big thing, but Jones destroyed him. Now just have to wait and see. He hasn't had a title defense yet, so who knows who the future of the division will be. The division is so stacked it could continue it's current streak and keep switching hands for years.
TeamDEY
4/16/11 12:24:05AM

Posted by jay98107

Posted by RyanC

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by RyanC

and i thought my jokes were bad
bjj1605
4/16/11 1:39:09AM
I agree that this is a classless move. You don't go talking about training in public. Its bad enough you betrayed your friend and went back on your agreement not to fight (I'm all for team mates fighting, I'm just not for men breaking their word), now you're going to start publicly disclosing behind closed door secrets?

His body used up all its growing on his lanky limbs and forgot to grow some character.
Sam_Rothstein
4/16/11 2:37:39AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by RyanC

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by RyanC

Kobe was found innocent and still paid pretty heavy in endorsements for even sleeping with the girl. Granted ive never been raped but I cant imagine anyone being raped and having sex willingly with multiple dudes before going to the cops lol.
supatolacyl
4/16/11 4:14:51AM
God Bless you Jones, this just pushed Rashad to a 5:1 or 6:1 underdog cha ching. Jones and Rashad my favorite LHW so I dont care who wins, but my wallet is saying Suga Suga Suga!!! I wonder what happened all the other times they fought in camp because Jones said there were a few times he could have finished, but doesn't mention out of how many times and what took place when there was no chance to finish. did Rashad best him in those cases?? If Rashad has really been training excusively at Grudge for his past 3 fights it is possible they have not trained together for over a year so all this could just be nonsense. Should be a great fight and will proably go the distance, but Jones's reach is probably going to be the key factor in this fight.
RyanC
4/16/11 2:53:58PM

Posted by jay98107

I'm sure he is a very nice guy, and a wonderful human being. My opinion really doesn't extend beyond his career as a fighter.

kingsmasher
4/16/11 7:48:59PM

Posted by RyanC

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by RyanC

I felt the same way but lets be open to the fact that I am sure both these guys would talk crap in practice...and Rashad prolly taught Jones which really doesnt need teaching....het in your opponents head is a good idea...

but Jones I hate to say has every right to be that way cause hes the baddest man in the UFC....pound for pound