Jon Jones To Dan Henderson: 'You Should Shut Up And Be Grateful You Dodged A Bullet'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jon Jones To Dan Henderson: 'You Should Shut Up And Be Grateful You Dodged A Bullet'
Shawn91111
9/7/12 3:58:31PM
The day just wouldn't be complete without a little more leftover UFC 151 drama. Today, it's Jon Jones going off about Dan Henderson making fun of him for not accepting the fight with Chael Sonnen.

Henderson's comments seem to have gotten under the UFC light heavyweight champion's skin and the champ is still eyeing a fight with Hendo after fighting Vitor Belfort.

Via Toronto Sun:

"I haven't said that anywhere, but you can be the first to put that out," Jones said over the phone. "There's some unfinished business, for sure. I don't think Henderson handled the situation wisely, by making fun of me for not taking the fight (against Sonnen). Dude, you just dodged a bullet and you're talking trash to me? You got injured and you're going to talk trash that I didn't fight Chael?

LINK
Shawn91111
9/7/12 4:06:50PM
Vero3
9/7/12 4:11:12PM
hahahhaa You made me bust out laughing right in the middle of a meeting when I read this.. LOL
Chael_Sonnen
9/7/12 4:27:11PM
Dodged a Bullet?

A Silver Bullet JJ - - - you suck.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Bubbles
9/7/12 4:44:01PM
my 12 year old cousin is more mature than this
Wallass
9/7/12 4:47:44PM
This kid needs to be humbled as my man The Iron Sheik would say and I hope Vitor or Hendo are the guys to do it.
prophecy033
9/7/12 4:58:39PM
Prophecy to Jon Jones: "you should just SHUT UP"
Manak
9/7/12 5:03:01PM
yea cause hendo is soo scared.... since he is one of those fight any guy any weight class type guy, the same guy who to dana if he can walk to the octagon he will fight. yea jones he is just lucky that none of the other top guys he has always faced hasnt KOed him. i know dan is such a puss

henderson is the wrong guy to pick on, he has fought everyone he could at 3 different weight classes and the majority of then have been top 5.

jones just plea the fifth so we can all move on from ufc 151
meier
9/7/12 5:03:45PM
ROFLOL! Belfort will knock him out!
george112
9/7/12 5:42:43PM
Hendo I think has been in the headlines like what 3 times.

Jones dude JUST SHUT UP!!!
bjj1605
9/7/12 5:52:09PM
You really can't blame the fans for continuing to insult him. At this point Jones himself is the one who is:

Budgellism
9/7/12 6:14:48PM

Posted by prophecy033

Prophecy to Jon Jones: "you should just SHUT UP"

Thank you. This, a million times this.

Hendo isn't in the news saying something stupid every other day. He's also fought everyone this sport has to offer and their mothers so even if he stands no chance against Jones he will never fear him.
BeeR
9/7/12 7:10:26PM
just like you dodged that lamp post eh Bones.
prozacnation1978
9/7/12 11:07:40PM
Stop the bitching
He is gonna get booed like hell come a few more weeks
Aether
9/7/12 11:12:33PM

Posted by JonJonesHaters

machodog76
9/7/12 11:31:39PM
It seems like Jones is breaking mentaly. Wouldn't it be ironic if Vitor, a guy whos main weakness through out his career has been the mental aspect was the man to knock him out? One can hope.
bjj1605
9/7/12 11:43:06PM

Posted by Aether

Posted by JonJonesHaters

I don't think haters are the only ones saying that.

Jones is only hurting himself with these repeated comments. Anyone who cares about him should be telling him to keep his mouth closed before he digs himself into a hole he will never get out of.
jae_1833
9/7/12 11:48:55PM
God I hope he gets smashed....it may take a couple of years but I will totally happy to see the LHW Champ get humbled.
prophecy033
9/8/12 12:18:42AM

Posted by jae_1833

God I hope he gets smashed....it may take a couple of years but I will totally happy to see the LHW Champ get humbled.

ncordless
9/8/12 1:31:41AM
Jon Jones is gonna be the greatest troll of all time.
prophecy033
9/8/12 3:33:33AM

Posted by ncordless

Jon Jones is gonna be the greatest troll of all time.

we all know the best he can do is #2
aussiemma
9/8/12 3:37:47AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Stop the bitching
He is gonna get booed like hell come a few more weeks

yeah he is gonna get booed on par with koscheck.

what the hell is wrong with jones ? he just keeps taking the bait.
Aether
9/8/12 9:25:30AM
How is he hurting himself? The guys everyone hates are usually the ones who get the biggest PPV numbers. This guy is in the news every single day. Like they say - any publicity is good publicity.
MALICE
9/8/12 12:26:57PM

Posted by Aether

How is he hurting himself? The guys everyone hates are usually the ones who get the biggest PPV numbers. This guy is in the news every single day. Like they say - any publicity is good publicity.

This is true while his fight career is still active. One it is over, Jones' options will be limited. The villain role is only profitable as long as there is an opportunity to see the villain defeated. If Jones does not change his attitude, nobody will want to see him as a commentator, ambassador, spokesperson, etc. A hated Jones will not have his own Nike shoe line. Jones has made it very clear he is a businessman. An intelligent businessman would not burn so many bridges.
JLS1980
9/8/12 1:35:41PM

Posted by BeeR

just like you dodged that lamp post eh Bones.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1