Jon Jones vs. Chael Sonnen Could Still Happen Next ‘If The Fans Really Wanted to See It’

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Jon Jones vs. Chael Sonnen Could Still Happen Next ‘If The Fans Really Wanted to See It’
thevoodooninja
9/5/12 7:32:42PM
LINK

Chael Sonnen isn’t out of the running yet for the next shot at UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones.

Sonnen was the one fighter according to UFC President Dana White who accepted a fight with Jones on 8-days notice to face him at UFC 151.

“He was the guy who stepped up to the plate and accepted the fight,” said White when speaking to UFC Tonight on Tuesday.

Jones has been adamant when speaking about Sonnen, saying that the former middleweight contender would not ‘talk himself’ into a title shot with his verbal shots through the press and via social networking sites like Twitter.

sparky
9/5/12 8:59:15PM
I personally dont think this is an interesting match up at all but id watch it
pmoney
9/5/12 9:37:20PM
It sounded good when Chael was stepping up late notice to save the pay per view. But since that fell through, Chael has to earn his shot for me to be interested. I'm thinking Chael needs to win at least three fights in a row, or at least two very impressive wins.
Cooler
9/5/12 10:08:38PM
No, Chael would die, he has a better shot at Silva for a 3rd time
infestructure
9/5/12 11:58:12PM

Posted by pmoney

It sounded good when Chael was stepping up late notice to save the pay per view. But since that fell through, Chael has to earn his shot for me to be interested. I'm thinking Chael needs to win at least three fights in a row, or at least two very impressive wins.

Yeah, but in LHW, where he would get mauled. The only way we see this fight is through fan pressure. Sonnen won't/can't earn it.
pmoney
9/6/12 1:26:36AM

Posted by infestructure

Yeah, but in LHW, where he would get mauled. The only way we see this fight is through fan pressure. Sonnen won't/can't earn it.

I agree that 205 will be tough for Sonnen. He's fighting Forrest Griffin next, who already beat him once. And I do agree with the general sentiment that he probably will lose to Jones, or on his way to Jones. But I refrain from saying can't or won't with Chael. I never thought he would do as good as he did in his fights with Anderson Silva....
Poor_Franklin
9/6/12 4:21:45AM

Posted by sparky

I personally dont think this is an interesting match up at all but id watch it

kingsmasher
9/6/12 7:48:35AM
I think Chael would get KOed against Machida much less Jones would destroy him....

I still think Bisping got the better of him but the UFC got their decision somehow...
george112
9/6/12 9:30:03AM
I think he'll take Forrest next go around.

Depending on how bad he wants it Chael will get as far as he wants to. If he's determined I'd give him a shot at earning a fight with Jones eventually
State_Champ
9/6/12 10:29:59AM
I don't want to see it.

Chael lost to Anderson twice, and he would lose to Bones as well, imo.

Bubbles
9/6/12 12:38:11PM

Posted by pmoney

I agree that 205 will be tough for Sonnen. He's fighting Forrest Griffin next, who already beat him once.

That was 9 years ago, and imo has zero effect or factor in this fight.
DancingDoll
9/6/12 7:20:36PM
I want to see it!

Seriously though, I think Sonnen is aggressive enough out of the gate to potentially throw Jones off his game.

This fight still interests me more than anyone else they have waiting in the wings at the moment. Stylistically I'd like to see how Jones deals with an offence like Chael's.
Mr_WaterCooler
9/6/12 11:43:26PM
I would love to see this match up just to see someone test bones.
Adrenaline
9/7/12 5:25:49AM
Sign me up and who do I make the check out to?

You can pay for PPV's with a check right?
goheels
9/7/12 10:35:13AM
I would love to see it for the pre-fight verbal onslaught from Chael alone.

However, with Uncle Dana protecting Chicken-bones Jones it shouldn't be a problem