Jon Jones Capture of Robber Was a Staged PR Move

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Jon Jones Capture of Robber Was a Staged PR Move
FastKnockout
3/25/11 1:53:08PM
When Jon Jones unbelievable story of chasing down and capturing a thief in the hours prior to his UFC 128 championship bout with Mauricio “Shogun” Rua made the rounds, it seemed like an unbelievable story. Well, at least one source claims that the incident was a staged PR move to designed to get the UFC light heavyweight and the sport of MMA more mainstream press.

Mission accomplished.

Thanks to the Zuffa creative team, who are said to have cooked up the plot to the fake robbery that took place Saturday afternoon outside of in New Jersey park, Jones was invited to appear on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno last night to talk about his incredible crime fighting tale.

LINK
FastKnockout
3/25/11 2:04:22PM
Sorry, guys. This isn't news. Posted the article without reading it first. Delete if possible.
emfleek
3/25/11 2:08:20PM
Moved to the UFC forum.

If true, it's not surprising to me. I honestly thought the same thing when I saw the picture. Jones looks as if he was told to act like he's doing something. Holding the guy's foot? Really?
grappler0000
3/25/11 2:11:58PM

Posted by emfleek

Moved to the UFC forum.

If true, it's not surprising to me. I honestly thought the same thing when I saw the picture. Jones looks as if he was told to act like he's doing something. Holding the guy's foot? Really?

It appears to be a pun by CagePotato...the picture is obviously doctored.
postman
3/25/11 2:22:40PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by emfleek

Moved to the UFC forum.

Thats what I thought.
FastKnockout
3/25/11 2:29:38PM

Posted by postman

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by emfleek

Moved to the UFC forum.

Thats what I thought.

It is. That's why I requested it to be deleted after posting. I thought they actually had a source for the accusation until I read the whole article.
ncordless
3/25/11 3:13:43PM
Looks like he's practicing for that leg llock attempt he put on Shogun.
Cooler
3/25/11 3:16:35PM
I called it in the original thread. I mean it was so obvious, Greg Jackson was the only witness? and the old lady story couldnt be more cliche either.
jjeans
3/25/11 3:19:10PM
Knew it, it was just beyond reality. I couldn't see many UFC fighters willing to chase a thief on the day of there title fight
SmileR
3/25/11 3:25:13PM
Do people realise this is a joke put together by CagePotato?
grappler0000
3/25/11 3:29:15PM

Posted by Cooler

I called it in the original thread. I mean it was so obvious, Greg Jackson was the only witness? and the old lady story couldnt be more cliche either.

You called it! Boy, do the rest of us have egg on our face!
SmileR
3/25/11 3:31:32PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Cooler

Haha I'd prop you but I got to spread the love!
Cooler
3/25/11 5:27:56PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Cooler

? just saying i called it, no malicious intent when written
grappler0000
3/25/11 5:46:03PM

Posted by Cooler

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Cooler

? just saying i called it, no malicious intent when written

Oh, for sure. I was just givin' you your props.
emfleek
3/25/11 8:07:09PM
Doctored picture or not, I still think it was fake.

Has anyone seen the criminal's mugshot yet?
JimiMak
3/28/11 6:00:24PM
'Flee, so the guy got arrested just to give Zuffa good pr? I think sometimes ppl forget the day and age we live in.