Jon Jones Asked Dana White To Have Chael Sonnen Stop Calling Him Out

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jon Jones Asked Dana White To Have Chael Sonnen Stop Calling Him Out
« Previous Page
Chael_Sonnen
8/30/12 12:31:46AM

Posted by bootyclause

and one other thing, let's not pretend like the 95% white middle American fan base doesn't have a little bit of bias in all this.

Jones did nothing wrong, this is crap.

Hey brah, are you drunk off pancakes

At least buy my shirt to wipe off your baby tears.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
ryu99
8/30/12 12:38:04AM
his vagina is pretty sore and hed like him to stop asap!
prozacnation1978
8/30/12 1:24:49AM
What are we in grade school all over again
What a man child. Grow up
RhythmAndStyle
8/30/12 1:42:38AM
i honestly thought this was a corny early april fools joke..guess i was wrong..wow!
jae_1833
8/30/12 1:46:46AM
Hahaha....weaksauce!!
RhythmAndStyle
8/30/12 1:48:29AM

Posted by bootyclause

and one other thing, let's not pretend like the 95% white middle American fan base doesn't have a little bit of bias in all this.

man, even i havent pulld out the race card here on PG..smh...
Manak
8/30/12 2:13:43AM
for anyone defending jones this is the wrong topic, there have been plenty in the past about these recent events, this thread is about a so called "man" asking boss if he could get his co-worker to stop being mean.... all the other stuff has been posted and discussed in other threads.

i would like to see the source as others have said but if this true, jones can go head in give his man card away, you are an adult so start acting like one, you blocked chael form tweeter when you could had just told him to shove it on there instead of going to dana with your tail between your legs. you are an ma fighter and your response to someone badgering you is to tell dana. just tell chael to shut up and say once you earn your shot in will show you pain. stop being a passive-aggressive girl bones. come one jones you are one of the best fighters on the planet but get your PR in lock
jjeans
8/30/12 3:36:45AM
Pathetic. Simply pathetic. All advertisement is good advertisement right? Jones wants to not retire broke, People using your name will get you money in the long term.
Did Silva care? No he encouraged it. This guy is telling the guy who's only going to make him more money to quit it. I'm sure being the face of Nike isn't going to be all fun and games. But it will be after you shut the haters and smack talkers. And taking a fight on 8 days notice with the biggest draw currently in the UFC wouldn't just get him
Money, it might've won him a fan or two.

Pathetic
aussiemma
8/30/12 3:39:32AM
lol there is absolutely nothing jones can say at this point to repair his image, all he can do is ko belfort and hope for the best.

Man he is getting shitted on like no other fighter i have ever seen !
Poor_Franklin
8/30/12 4:36:29AM
kind of shocked the race card got played on this one. GSP & Anderson would've caught the same amount of hell or more as JJ, had they been in the same situation.
Adrenaline
8/30/12 7:32:56AM
Edit: I'm gonna be nice. I will edit this again when I have something valuable to add
State_Champ
8/30/12 7:49:50AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

What are we in grade school all over again
What a man child. Grow up

I wonder of all the media/internet ridicule is going to mess with Jones' head?

I mean, Jones is getting crapped on by every MMA fan with an internet connection. And not unjustly.

Hope his public shaming doesn't affect his ability to fight.
babalu46
8/30/12 9:34:42AM
Can't believe the race card got played

As it was said before the source of this information needs to be questioned but if it's true JJ is getting ridiculous now he just contradicts everything he says with his actions.

After the whole 151 thing I questioned his character now I'm sure he's a spoilt little brat who has had so much protection through his career with PR and even the UFC that he now has no idea how to talk by himself.
BillsNewAccount
8/30/12 10:34:34AM

Posted by bootyclause

Chael is not a top 10 LHW and has no claim to a title shot whatsoever. If they put him in the general mix he will not beat any of the top guys. Almost a zero chance he beats a bigger wrestler like Rashad or Davis....or a Machida. At best maybe he leg humps Rampage, Forrest or Shogun to a 29-28 snoozer. WWE antics only go so far, he deserves nothing. If I was Jones I would not take that fight either.

Vitor did not deserve the fight either but is a good person and makes it a totally different scenario. Its a case where Chael's talking had the opposite effect of what he wanted.

Jon Jones has no duty at all to take any fight on 1 week notice. He's arguably the best fighter ever already. You would never see Manny Pacquio or Mayweather even asked to take a fight against some guy outside the top 10 in their weight class on a week's notice.

Dana claims to not like WWE style nonsense but makes his whole org all about crap like this. Shameful. I used to defend Dana a lot on the forums but he is really a despicable person.

Last I recall, no one watches boxing anymore because the champs don't want to fight anyone they could lose to. So I guess in that sense you're right. Jon Jones is just like Floyd Mayweather.
prophecy033
8/30/12 11:14:13AM
Holy Shit this is funny. He's all butt hurt that Chael is picking on him he goes and pulls the "make him stop" card. You had a chance to shut him up and didn't take it. Next thing you know he's gonna have his older brother call Chael and tell him to stop.

I have no respect for this guys character.....he proves time and again that he's got a ways to go in the "man up" department
prophecy033
8/30/12 11:17:20AM

Posted by MALICE

Posted by bootyclause

You lost all credibility with this post.

yes, yes he did
bjj1605
8/30/12 12:24:02PM
Did you guys even bother to read the second part of the article??

About a week before this all went down, he went on a radio show and talked about how Chael was undeserving of the fight coming off the loss to Anderson Silva, and that he was disrespectful and not the type of person he'd want to give a title shot to anyway. The host noted that Chael wouldn't be able to take Bones down, and unlike Henderson, also a wrestler, he didn't possess the power punch standing and wasn't a finisher. The host told Jones to take the paycheck and shut the guy up. At that point Jones said yes, you're right, I'll fight Chael any time, any where.

No one has mentioned this.

That's just as bad as asking Dana to defend him. He basically said he would fight Chael Sonnen if it came down to it. Then when he was faced with the decision, he backed out.

I do agree with Dancing Doll though. From this article, we can't tell whether or not the information is credible. The article cites "The Wrestling Observer" but doesn't mention where that magazine originally got the information.

I looked on the Wresting Observer's website but you can't read the article without a subscription and the headline doesn't say where the information came from.

We can probably assume it wasn't Dana White though based on the sentence structure: "Jones was very upset after Chael began calling him out and mocking him on Twitter, going as far as to contact White and ask him to tell Chael to stop". I doubt Dana has started talking in the 3rd person.

If this is true its obviously awful, like everyone has said. But shame on everyone for not taking the time to check the validity of the information and especially shame on Bloodyelbow for not telling us who the source was in the story.
fullerene
8/30/12 1:54:42PM
Jones hasn't had a good run lately from a PR standpoint and I definitely don't agree with his choices in several instances. But...he is a young guy having the world thrown at him and that pressure gets worse when you get a surprise (fight cancelled on short notice) or have a clever, more experienced colleague suddenly start to ridicule you in public. It seems like his last couple of mistakes were cases of going to the "adults" who were guiding his career (Greg Jackson and Dana White) and asking them to help him out with his problems. That doesn't show a lot of maturity, but given his age and the spotlight that is on him maybe we shouldn't expect that much maturity out of him.
deck15
8/30/12 1:57:07PM

Posted by bootyclause

Also, all these fans that are overwhelmingly anti-Jones - what exactly is your justification for thinking Chael even has the right to call out champions in other weight classes when he has done nothing to prove he deserves it at all?

I just find the state of the sport so sad when a guy like gustaffson has to pay his dues and now has to throw down with Shogun or Texeira finally gets into the US and is lined up with Rampage while a guy like Chael just does a corny WWE shtick and has the president of the company demanding one of his best fighters to give him a title shot on a week's notice.

Dana helped grow the sport....now he is badly damaging it.

Can you please stop watching MMA or atleast stop coming on mma boards you have no clue from the post I've seen from you.
meier
8/30/12 2:14:32PM
Tis the season for chaos and confusion
mrsmiley
8/30/12 2:19:16PM
Just crazy. On paper,just looking at his record Jones has accomplished an insane amount. In theory he's almost a living legend,yet the reality is this guy is killing his career without a single loss on his record. A first as far as my memory serves me.

The nike sponsorship is huge but it seems strange to me. I mean it's not like you wear shoes inside the octagon anymore. ............Just a thought I had to type. Feel free to forget it)
Franklinfan47
8/30/12 2:45:24PM

Why dont you just pay him to stop Jones? Since your so awesome and rich.
infestructure
8/30/12 2:53:53PM

Posted by bootyclause

Yes because we are all racist rednecks That is BS
maybe Hymiekooken (jokes), but shit buddy I've never seen a less racist bunch of people than on this site

You need to think a little more before you post. Or don't post at all. I couldn't care less either way really, as long as we don't see that shite you have been spouting.

Bias because he's black. Coming from a site where half the fan favorite top ten are black or brazilian. BTW, how the FUCK is Jon Jones still 2nd on the fan favorite list? get him off there people - he's BLACK!
meier
8/30/12 4:00:45PM
This thing about jj and what he did is already old news. We should be talking about how chael sonnen is one day going to hold belts in all weight classes! Boo-yah!
State_Champ
8/30/12 4:15:37PM

Posted by Budgellism

My god, does this guy even want fans or sponsors? This makes him look like a child.

I'm a huge fan. In my opinion, he is easily one of the most interesting fighters to watch.

For example, the beating Bones put on Shogun is a treasured memory of mine. This not because I dislike Shogun, but because Shogun is VERY skilled and EXTREMELY tough, but Jones dismantled him utterly.
Manak
8/30/12 4:40:28PM

Posted by fullerene

Jones hasn't had a good run lately from a PR standpoint and I definitely don't agree with his choices in several instances. But...he is a young guy having the world thrown at him and that pressure gets worse when you get a surprise (fight cancelled on short notice) or have a clever, more experienced colleague suddenly start to ridicule you in public. It seems like his last couple of mistakes were cases of going to the "adults" who were guiding his career (Greg Jackson and Dana White) and asking them to help him out with his problems. That doesn't show a lot of maturity, but given his age and the spotlight that is on him maybe we shouldn't expect that much maturity out of him.

at 1st i used to think that way about being young and in the spotlight but not anymore. we live in a social media age where everything is out there, you see things like this happening all around and seeing guys screw up so i don't give ppl the who well he is new, bullshit. do ppl now just choose to not learn form other ppl's mistakes before they put their foot in their mouth.

at 18 yrs old you can enlist and die for country so this notion of pro athletes still being young and novice should not be an argument since these guys from their young have seen hundreds before go through shit like this. just cause you are 24 and a millionaire doesn't give a pass or at least shouldn't, time to be an adult not an oversized baby
meier
8/30/12 5:45:14PM
JJ should hire tony robbins as his pr guy
Bubbles
8/30/12 8:17:53PM

I dont think Jones can do anything to win me as a fan....well maybe have him donate his entire pay from 152 to me would work
Chael_Sonnen
8/30/12 10:45:48PM

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by Budgellism

My god, does this guy even want fans or sponsors? This makes him look like a child.

I'm a huge fan. In my opinion, he is easily one of the most interesting fighters to watch.

For example, the beating Bones put on Shogun is a treasured memory of mine. This not because I dislike Shogun, but because Shogun is VERY skilled and EXTREMELY tough, but Jones dismantled him utterly.

I'm a huge fan.

I'm sorry to hear that....you have my sympathies.

he is easily one of the most interesting fighters to watch.

Again, very, very sorry for your loss.
bjj1605
9/1/12 3:51:15AM

Posted by fullerene

Props.

This is the most reasonable defense of JJ I've seen so far.

I'm not sure I totally agree with you, but you added a new dimension to my thinking and that deserves props.
Pages: 1 [2]