JON FITCH WANTS TITLE SHOT

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » JON FITCH WANTS TITLE SHOT
Daddyprimetime
3/12/08 11:26:57AM
Jon Fitch has put together a win streak in the Ultimate Fighting Championship that only one other fighter has ever achieved. Fitch and Royce Gracie are the only two fighters in UFC history to win eight fights in a row and now Fitch wants a title shot.

LINK
jahdoug
3/12/08 11:31:05AM
anyone have a link or insight as to what was said by Karo regarding fitch? that would be a mean matchup.
JUICED_UP
3/12/08 11:39:32AM
he deserves 1.... i think he will eventually get the title..
Tein_Lung
3/12/08 11:39:54AM
Fitch cannot beat GSP, right now about the only who can beat GSP is Matt Serra
Darnok
3/12/08 11:43:38AM
Damn rights he should get a title shot. When GSP beats Serra, GSP vs Fitch and Hughes vs Serra. On the same card if Serra can still move.
NatedawgThaM
3/12/08 11:52:58AM
He will get it after GSP/Serra because he deserves it over everybody else because unlike Karo he finishes fights which looks good to Dana and he beat Diego.

Fitch can definitely beat GSP because Fitch is actually bigger then GSP and I always have said GSP is great but he's only dominant with the long length advantage. But he can definitely pull it out!!!
wrona666
3/12/08 11:55:35AM
Fitch vs GSP would be awesome....
bullettdodger
3/12/08 12:32:55PM

Posted by Daddyprimetime

Jon Fitch has put together a win streak in the Ultimate Fighting Championship that only one other fighter has ever achieved. Fitch and Royce Gracie are the only two fighters in UFC history to win eight fights in a row and now Fitch wants a title shot.

LINK

Who doesn't want a title shot, i think i'd actually be more interested in a thread if it said that in the title, "JON FITCH DOESN'T WANT THE TITLE SHOT" But at anyrate i think GSP can take FITCH, but the real question is what would be the outcome of a Serra V Fitch? If Serra should happen to upset GSP again, you think he could successfully defend the title from Fitch?
babytater03
3/12/08 12:41:04PM
FITCH by UD. imao
SpiderSilva
3/12/08 12:47:56PM
I would like to see Fitch fight either Hughes or Karo before getting a itle shot after his last fight
Focker101
3/12/08 12:48:34PM

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by Daddyprimetime

LINK

Who doesn't want a title shot, i think i'd actually be more interested in a thread if it said that in the title, "JON FITCH DOESN'T WANT THE TITLE SHOT" But at anyrate i think GSP can take FITCH, but the real question is what would be the outcome of a Serra V Fitch? If Serra should happen to upset GSP again, you think he could successfully defend the title from Fitch?

Yeah I think GSP would dominate Fitch much like he did to KOS
Fitch and Serra is a great matchup for sure I think Serra would submit him though.. actually I should say he will have to submit him.. I think any decision would go to Fitch for his incredible top control but if Serra put Fitch in a choke like Diego did I think it would be all over even though Fitch is hard to choke

most likely Serra R2 catches Fitch in a arm bar from the bottom
Sir_Karl
3/12/08 1:25:23PM
I think he should get a title shot...but I think he needs to fight a couple higher ranked fighters first. He does have wins over "middle roaders" Sanchez, Burkman and Alves but the rest of his wins have been against guys even farther down the ladder.
He needs to face off against someone like Karo or Hughes...or the loser of Serra vs. Pierre.
I like Fitch don't get me wrong...he needs a win over a big opponent though.
If he pulls that off...then a title shot.
tuvok500
3/12/08 1:33:21PM
GSP would completely Humiliate Fitch from start to finish, and i don't think Fitch would survive 2 rd !!

Go GSP !!!

CornishMMA
3/12/08 1:36:06PM
I still think 8 wins in a row is great, most have been against tough competition, he may not have fought the top 4 or 5 guys but with that streak he deserves a shot more than Karo, even if Karo beats Alves i think Fitch is the more worthy contender simply because of the common opponent Diego and when they lost and won
whardin19
3/12/08 2:59:33PM
Jon Fitch is my favorite fighter and he deserves the next title shot. One bad looking fight, that he won might I add, and some of you think he doesn't deserve it. Thats crazy!!!!!
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/12/08 3:17:19PM

Posted by wrona666

Fitch vs GSP would be awesome....

Fitch vs GSP WILL be awesome
CornishMMA
3/12/08 3:23:12PM
It will be good but maybe not awesome

I see it possibly turning out like Silva Henderson wheres its percieved as the last real major test for GSP in the division but then he beats him fairly easily when everyone expects a 5 round war
coldchillin
3/12/08 4:06:01PM
I'm definitely not a fan of Fitch's but he does deserve the winner of Serra-St. Pierre next.
BlazinSaddle
3/12/08 6:45:34PM
I'm not dogging on Wilson at all i was one of the few who thought he had a legit chance to beat Fitch but if he wants to compete with GSP hes gonna need better all around skill and not just wrestling IMO GSP is one of the best P4P wrestlers in MMA and Fitch dosnt have very impressive BJJ or mch striking so i see it being a short night for Fitch, Kos to me would beat Fitch, i think he deserves the shot at GSP after he beats Serra, honestly GSP vs Serra 3 interests me more, this 2nd match with Serra is a must win in GSP's career.

GSP will likely be champ until or unless BJ wants to challenge him again, in that a controversial split decision the first time around, that fight is in my top 5 fights of all time and i think many of you agree and many of the GSP nuthuggers think it will be a short night for BJ... well maybe but i doubt it, it should be more competitive because both are much improved all around.
NatedawgThaM
3/12/08 8:09:47PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle
Fitch dosnt have very impressive BJJ or mch striking so i see it being a short night for Fitch, Kos to me would beat Fitch.

I disagree Diego had him in a few bad submissions spots and he ecasped without a scratch on him not to mention has 5 wins by submission, and his striking skills have always been good. Wilson did the best job on the feet against Fitch and he didn't even beat Fitch on the feet. I still think Fitch did enough in the 1st wrestling wise to take it, and Fitch pretty much clearly beat him in the 2nd and 3rd round on the feet and on the ground. The 1st he was in the feeling out process because once again Wilson was unknown so he didn't know what to expect.

Wilson is the best striker out of the famous Team Quest camp which is legendary from Grecco Roman wrestling so of course they were going to neutralize Fitch wrestling with there famous wrestling training Wilson probably did with Lindland and Hendo and make it a stand up contest that he ended up losing in rounds 2 and 3 anyways.

Wilson and Fitch don't get enough credit at all. That was Fitch's worst performance and he still won rounds 2 and 3 and I had him winning the 1st from wrestling still. You look at every other worst performance and it's against a can they took lightly and got destroyed by(Jardine and GSP, the camp they takes you lightly ) and Wilson IMO could beat most famous WW's like Burkman, Lugi, Swick, and maybe even Davis and Kos.
MartinKillMcGill
3/17/08 2:55:05PM
I dont agree that GSP VsFitch.(providing GSP beats sera) would be as the last real opponent for GSP for me Davies and karo are up their two and are just as deserving of a title shot. There was alot of talk about GSP moving up to fight Anderson silva but imo he has to watch his back the ww division has a lot of depth and will not be short of a legit opponent for the forseable future
D-Money34
3/17/08 4:01:03PM
Serra blows, he caught GSP with a lucky haymaker, Jon Fitch should get a title shot soon, he would have a better chance than Serra, Serra is just gonna get rolled up quick!
Boo_Radley21
3/17/08 5:21:55PM
GSP would beat up Fitch like he did Kos.
BlazinSaddle
3/17/08 6:02:13PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by BlazinSaddle
Fitch dosnt have very impressive BJJ or mch striking so i see it being a short night for Fitch, Kos to me would beat Fitch.

I disagree Diego had him in a few bad submissions spots and he ecasped without a scratch on him not to mention has 5 wins by submission, and his striking skills have always been good. Wilson did the best job on the feet against Fitch and he didn't even beat Fitch on the feet. I still think Fitch did enough in the 1st wrestling wise to take it, and Fitch pretty much clearly beat him in the 2nd and 3rd round on the feet and on the ground. The 1st he was in the feeling out process because once again Wilson was unknown so he didn't know what to expect.

Wilson is the best striker out of the famous Team Quest camp which is legendary from Grecco Roman wrestling so of course they were going to neutralize Fitch wrestling with there famous wrestling training Wilson probably did with Lindland and Hendo and make it a stand up contest that he ended up losing in rounds 2 and 3 anyways.

Wilson and Fitch don't get enough credit at all. That was Fitch's worst performance and he still won rounds 2 and 3 and I had him winning the 1st from wrestling still. You look at every other worst performance and it's against a can they took lightly and got destroyed by(Jardine and GSP, the camp they takes you lightly ) and Wilson IMO could beat most famous WW's like Burkman, Lugi, Swick, and maybe even Davis and Kos.

well if you read the first part of my post instead of disecting it youd see the credit i give to wilson and fitch beside the fact that i said i didnt think fitch was at the stage of beating GSP, i think he could beat Serra but dont see him winning, i even said fitch deserves the title shot, so dont discect my post to make me sound like a jerk when i gave both of them credit
NatedawgThaM
3/17/08 7:56:33PM
I never called you a jerk or tried to make you look bad. Your too sensitive. I was talking everybody in general, I didn't say your name specifically. I saw like 20 threads on here were people were dissing Fitch just because he didn't finish Wilson.

btw, Fitch is a BJJ Brown belt(the one below the black belt) so his submission skills are pretty damn good.
BlazinSaddle
3/17/08 7:59:24PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I never called you a jerk or tried to make you look bad. Your too sensitive. I was talking everybody in general, I didn't say your name specifically. I saw like 20 threads on here were people were dissing Fitch just because he didn't finish Wilson.

btw, Fitch is a BJJ Brown belt(the one below the black belt) so his submission skills are pretty damn good.

you quoted me, therefore it was directed at me, so if we were talking face to face and then you said oh wait i wasnt talking to you, does that sound credible? maybe you shouldnt do that next time and just say that without quoting one thing i said, its all good no sensitivity was needed, theres just no point of it