JON FITCH WANTS GOLD, NO MORE EXCUSES

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » JON FITCH WANTS GOLD, NO MORE EXCUSES
MMAcca
8/6/08 1:39:25PM
Jon Fitch may be the best fighter at 170 pounds that many fans don’t know much about. He has gone under the radar in the Ultimate Fighting Championship defeating top competition like Thiago Alves, Brock Larson, Roan Carneiro and Diego Sanchez. He is undefeated in the UFC going 8-0 in his tenure. The hard work is about to pay off as he gets his shot at the welterweight crown on Saturday night against Georges St. Pierre.

MMAWeekly Radio caught up with Fitch prior to his fight with St. Pierre to discuss his preparation and training. “All of the hard stuff is done. Now it's just time to have fun,” said a confident Fitch. “I'm just letting my body recover. It's been getting beat up for 12 weeks, so I finally get to rest now.”

This fight will be Fitch’s first foray into a five-round title fight. Known for his rigorous training, he has prepared himself a little differently for a full five-round fight. “Just more and more work. Almost double the cardio work as normal. It's pretty crazy. When I started the camp, I couldn't believe it that I was going to do double the workouts as before. I've always been a cardio guy. I always pushed my cardio. I was doubling my output. Halfway through my camp it started getting pretty easy and I started seeing changes in myself.

LINK
Chuteboxer
8/6/08 1:49:07PM
I'm thinking this man's starting to become one of my favorite fighters...I love his attitude about getting fights.
casey64
8/6/08 2:43:01PM
You know I think Fitch can pull it off, if he puts his heart and mind to it, he has the skills to be a champion and now its time to show everyone he can do it.

GO FITCH!!!
KillaCoupe
8/6/08 5:33:55PM
honestly i dont see him keeping up with GSPs pace
MarkN
8/6/08 5:41:52PM
Honestly I don't think Fitch can andel GSP's riddem.