Jon Fitch wants to fight next ‘before the end of the year’

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jon Fitch wants to fight next ‘before the end of the year’
MMAcca
8/12/08 1:41:51PM
“I wasn’t that beat up. Just a little off in the head after the first dropedge. I’m fine and will be back before the end of the year if I have any say in it.”

Top welterweight contender Jon Fitch is eager to return to the Octagon after missing out on an opportunity to topple Georges St. Pierre at UFC 87: “Seek and Destroy” and capture his 170-pound title. Despite “being a little off in the head” early in the five-round fight, Fitch managed to hang on until the very end, delivering one of the gutsiest performances of the year. It would be no surprise to see him take on the winner of the welterweight bout between Karo Parisyan and Yoshiyuki Yoshida at UFC 88: “Breakthrough” on September 6.

LINK
Ordep
8/12/08 3:00:24PM
feed him Mike Swick for the November event.
Givershit
8/12/08 4:38:33PM

koscheck would be better
MMAcca
8/12/08 4:41:36PM
He needs a top fight imo.

Maybe the winner of Karo/Yoshida ?
Twenty20Dollars
8/12/08 4:42:46PM
haha thats funny, they all three are friends. They arent going to fight each other. Fitch vs Karo would be good.
MMAcca
8/12/08 4:45:55PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

haha thats funny, they all three are friends. They arent going to fight each other. Fitch vs Karo would be good.

SNAP!
DevonFoxy
8/12/08 4:47:27PM
I would like to see him fight Hazelett. I think it would be a great fight and if Fitch wins he gets a good win under his belt and if Dustin wins he will be launched into the elite.
MMAcca
8/12/08 4:55:13PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

I would like to see him fight Hazelett. I think it would be a great fight and if Fitch wins he gets a good win under his belt and if Dustin wins he will be launched into the elite.

IMO that fight would only benefit Hazelett. Fitch is on another level.
jocka
8/12/08 6:00:28PM
give him Karo if he wins if not man am not sure it really sucks that fitch/swick and kos won't fight you know what they should make them fight cause who else is left to fight
coldchillin
8/12/08 6:15:22PM
don't be so sure that Parisyan is just going to run through Yoshida... I think the fight is going to be extremely competitive and close. Fitch versus the winner makes a whole lot of sense though.
Tailgunner
8/12/08 8:54:02PM

Posted by MMAcca

“I wasn’t that beat up. Just a little off in the head after the first droped.
LINK

Really he wasn't that beat up? Could have fooled me!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Aether
8/12/08 9:03:16PM
Athletic commissions suspend licenses for real injuries, not bruises. He's saying he's not injured and will be able to fight. Tim sylvia's face looked perfectly normal when Mir snapped his arm in half, but he was definitely a lot more beat up than Fitch is.
candynuts
8/12/08 9:14:11PM

Posted by MMAcca

He needs a top fight imo.

Maybe the winner of Karo/Yoshida ?

I like it. Im just not sure Fitch will fight before the end of the year.. I think that fight will probably happen though on the January card or possibly February.