Jon Fitch: "Waiting around for Thiago Alves to get better was not an option"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jon Fitch: "Waiting around for Thiago Alves to get better was not an option"
ThaAxeMurderer7
11/4/09 8:17:03PM
“I needed to fight, I was (previously) scheduled for Nov. 21 and I’ve been training 5-6 weeks already. I don’t like a lot of down time, I like to fight often. Waiting around for Thiago (Alves) to get better was not an option. The last week has just been up and down, changing training camps from one day to the next and emotionally getting up and down for different opponents. Mike Pierce is not well know but sometimes these kinds of fights are harder than the high profile fights because people expect you to go out and smash a guy they don’t know so if you don’t, they hold it against you. This fight can very easily turn into one of my tougher fights.”

Former UFC welterweight number one contender Jon Fitch shares the frustration of undergoing multiple changes in both events and opponents after Ricardo Almeida and Thiago Alves both went down with knee injuries and were forced out of action.

Link
wutthefauxxx
11/4/09 8:41:27PM
honestly...dumb post....who cares about fitch...he has no shot vs gsp....so who cares who he fights...
Jackelope
11/4/09 8:43:34PM

Posted by wutthefauxxx

honestly...dumb post....who cares about fitch...he has no shot vs gsp....so who cares who he fights...

I know you're new here, so I'll just say cool it. We take the rules seriously on the playground and want to make this place about intelligent discussion. This is borderline trolling. There are plenty of Fitch fans who care who he fights and the who/what/when/where/why of his career.
emfleek
11/4/09 8:44:07PM

Posted by wutthefauxxx

Read the rules of the website before posting again.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
11/4/09 10:04:34PM

Posted by wutthefauxxx

I actually said wutthefauck outloud when i read your post ....
wutthefauxxx
11/4/09 10:24:04PM
my bad... i was to strong wiht my word choice. i know wut ur saying. but i just dont see y a gatekeepers next oppenent is relevent. i am a huge fitch fan tho. hope he wins this next one!
warglory
11/4/09 10:48:25PM

Posted by wutthefauxxx

my bad... i was to strong wiht my word choice. i know wut ur saying. but i just dont see y a gatekeepers next oppenent is relevent. i am a huge fitch fan tho. hope he wins this next one!

You're a huge fitch fan but you don't care who he fights next? Right.
wutthefauxxx
11/4/09 11:04:55PM
i care....he's a good top 20 fighter and i enjoy watching his fights....i just dont care who it is....im allowed my own opinion...no disrespect..thats just how i feel
The_Ho_Bag
11/4/09 11:17:21PM

Posted by wutthefauxxx

i care....he's a good top 20 fighter and i enjoy watching his fights....i just dont care who it is....im allowed my own opinion...no disrespect..thats just how i feel

top 20? im sure hes top 10 in his division?
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
11/4/09 11:32:28PM
Fitch is awesome and I for one dont understand why Mike Pierce is his opponent??? Im puzzled by it daily, I wish Larsen won against Pierce cause Larson against Fitch would be excellent, in fact f**k it they should still put Larson against Fitch lol
Mike Pierce???
bjj1605
11/4/09 11:56:34PM
New dude is entitled to his opinion but I'm entitled to mine as well. My opinion is that you expressed your opinion poorly and may have offended both the poster of this topic and anyone who cares about Jon Fitch.

I also think that Jon Fitch put up a hell of a fight against GSP and that he is Top 5 in his division. Not only that but he remains one of the most legitimate threats to GSP's belt and is well beyond gate keeper status.
KaibaThedon
11/5/09 2:09:01PM
top 20? top 10?

Howbout he's the best WW in the world not named Georges St Pierre

he's proved it already

and I care who he fights because I'm a jon fitch fan lol
Giant_Ochai
11/5/09 5:58:58PM
Thanks to whoever banned the troll.