Jon fitch an underdog?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Jon fitch an underdog?
cloud301336
5/22/08 9:39:11PM
Why is Jon fitch an underdog, to me he's one of the best. Even though GSP is extreamly talented i wouldn't count out Jon fitch, and if Fitch does win it wouldn't be an upset to me.
rabbit915
5/22/08 9:47:09PM
He's an underdog because he is getting less than 20% of the picks. If those numbers change he wont be an underdog. Plus, that just went up so its terribly skewed until more people get their picks in.
tuvok500
5/22/08 9:49:14PM
Fitch will get destroy , no matter how you look at this fight GSP will kill him !!!
I think Fitch is an underdog even more than Serra was !!

If you want to see a guy who is not suppose to be an underdog look at Tim Syilvia against Fedor, Sylvia will humiliate Fedor and i will have a 2 points non sence bonus !!

Twenty20Dollars
5/22/08 9:53:37PM
yeah i really dont like that thing, i mean i see it happening alot with the picks now a days. like there is tons of underdogs more than there should be.

i dont see fitch as an underdog along with scott smith againest rob lawler.
i mean i see there as an underdog just not as a HEAVY underdog where they get the bonus.
Mchubb316
5/22/08 9:53:42PM
He should be an underdog. GSP is a better fighter. Fitch is a rising star, but GSP is already established himself among the elite. GSP has beaten Hughes, Penn, Sherk, Serra. All of those guys are considered top 10 fighters, with maybe Serra being an exeption.
Ben_Hutch
5/22/08 10:14:34PM
GSP will completely dominate Fitch. GSP will fight however he wants to fight, if he wants to keep it standing, then thats how the fight will go, if he wants to take it to the ground, then the fight will stay on the ground. GSP choses what happens in a fight, and, he out-classes his opponent in every field. Fitch is a good fighter, but against GSP he will be made to look poor.
holt8081
5/22/08 10:32:01PM
I dont think he will get distroyed but he will probably lose.
whardin19
5/22/08 10:42:58PM
Anyone else tired of hearing this question everytime lol?
cloud301336
5/22/08 10:44:24PM
Fitch will not be destroyed, and plus i think he has a way better chance then Serra, bet he makes it out of the second round unlike Serra.
prozacnation1978
5/22/08 11:17:31PM
jon fitch is one of my favorites but so is gsp
i will be rooting for both but i think gsp will beat him down
question is after fitch who is next for title shot
is alves can beat hughes he should be next in line or i would have to say marcus davis
wild card guess is they get condit move him to ufc to fight gsp
DevonFoxy
5/22/08 11:21:57PM
GSP's wrestling > than Fitch's wrestling.

Thats why he is an underdog. I don't know if I can put it any better but when he meets a better wrestler is going to be out of his element and as much as I like Fitch if GSP out wrestled Kos he is going to put Fitch in trouble early and often.
gartface
5/22/08 11:25:14PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

GSP's wrestling > than Fitch's wrestling.

Thats why he is an underdog. I don't know if I can put it any better but when he meets a better wrestler is going to be out of his element and as much as I like Fitch if GSP out wrestled Kos he is going to put Fitch in trouble early and often.

Fitch's strong suit is his wrestling and gnp no? GSP has better wrestling than anyone at 170, and he's going to toy with Fitch and make him look stupid.
Franklinfan47
5/22/08 11:41:24PM

Posted by rabbit915

He's an underdog because he is getting less than 20% of the picks. If those numbers change he wont be an underdog. Plus, that just went up so its terribly skewed until more people get their picks in.

Exactly. If you don't like it, convince 20% or more of the mmaplayground community that fitch is going to win.
puppetmaster837
5/22/08 11:49:08PM
Fitch is a good fighter and there is no doubt about that. But look at the way GSP just handles guys like Hughes, Trigg, Sherk, and plenty of others. Then look at how much Jon Fitch struggled with Chris Wilson. GSP is just on a whole different level then any fighter in that division.
cloud301336
5/23/08 1:20:27AM
well i guess all i can say now is wait till fight night, and the winner of hughes vs. alves should fight the winner of swick vs. koscheck if they make the match and if swick wins his next fight, to determine the next contender.
Kracker_Jap
5/23/08 1:43:44AM

Posted by cloud301336

Why is Jon fitch an underdog, to me he's one of the best. Even though GSP is extreamly talented i wouldn't count out Jon fitch, and if Fitch does win it wouldn't be an upset to me.

considering that St Piere is on most peoples p4p top ten list and fitch is not go figure
fonduktoe
5/23/08 2:46:02AM
fitch is a wrestler which so happens to be exactly what gsp eats for breakfast
i give fitch the chance that i give any fighter as circumstances can be surprising when the cage door is shut, but on paper fitch looks ridiculous next to gsp.
fitch has barely beaten low tier opponents and gsp has dominated top ten cats to the point that it almost seemed staged.
fitch will make a great welterweight gatekeeper
jocka
5/23/08 7:45:12AM

Posted by fonduktoe

fitch is a wrestler which so happens to be exactly what gsp eats for breakfast
i give fitch the chance that i give any fighter as circumstances can be surprising when the cage door is shut, but on paper fitch looks ridiculous next to gsp.
fitch has barely beaten low tier opponents and gsp has dominated top ten cats to the point that it almost seemed staged.
fitch will make a great welterweight gatekeeper

NatedawgThaM
5/23/08 8:19:26AM
He's the underdog because GSP has proven he's the better fighter by beating everybody he's ever faced. However I am a big fan of Fitch and am going to pick him here. I'm just not set on GSP yet until he actually successfully defends the Welterweight title.You saw what happened last time, everybody thought it was the GSP era and he was the 2nd best fighter behind Fedor only early last year and 06. Then in his first defense he's gotten stopped.

I think GSP's wrestling surprising everybody is getting old. Fitch will be ready for them especially since he's training with Kos, a much better pure wrestler then GSP.(Yeah don'tremind me of 74. Kos was expecting a stand up fight, if Kos was expecting and training for a wrestling match he would have out wrestled GSP) So he will get Fitch's takedown defense up to par and Fitch is GSP's equal on the feet not technique wise but Fitch trains with AKA who will find wholes in GSP's stand up plus GSP is scared on the feet which levels the playing feild since Fitch trains at such a good stand up camp.

I'll go Fitch TKO in 2-3.
hippysmacker
5/23/08 9:06:21AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

He's the underdog because GSP has proven he's the better fighter by beating everybody he's ever faced. However I am a big fan of Fitch and am going to pick him here. I'm just not set on GSP yet until he actually successfully defends the Welterweight title.You saw what happened last time, everybody thought it was the GSP era and he was the 2nd best fighter behind Fedor only early last year and 06. Then in his first defense he's gotten stopped.

I think GSP's wrestling surprising everybody is getting old. Fitch will be ready for them especially since he's training with Kos, a much better pure wrestler then GSP.(Yeah don'tremind me of 74. Kos was expecting a stand up fight, if Kos was expecting and training for a wrestling match he would have out wrestled GSP) So he will get Fitch's takedown defense up to par and Fitch is GSP's equal on the feet not technique wise but Fitch trains with AKA who will find wholes in GSP's stand up plus GSP is scared on the feet which levels the playing feild since Fitch trains at such a good stand up camp.

Would you care to wager Av's on that Natedawg? Nothing gay mind you, as I have a healthy respect for Fitch, and some of the Av's I have seen people get stuck with lately boggle the mind. I see GSP taking this one, and am willing to bet on it . Say 3 months with the loser sporting the winners pick of fighter or pro sports team for an AV? Let me know if your in
emfleek
5/23/08 9:38:52AM
As of right now, GSP is the better fighter.

That's why Fitch (again, one of my favorites so I'm not a hater) is the underdog.

It's rather simple.

I think this match may be the first time I've EVER rooted for both fighters.
NatedawgThaM
5/23/08 10:33:25AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Would you care to wager Av's on that Natedawg? Nothing gay mind you, as I have a healthy respect for Fitch, and some of the Av's I have seen people get stuck with lately boggle the mind. I see GSP taking this one, and am willing to bet on it . Say 3 months with the loser sporting the winners pick of fighter or pro sports team for an AV? Let me know if your in

I'm definitely in and I'll tell you ahead of time it will be a GIF of Forrest getting knocked out by Jardine or a GIF of Rampage knocking him out when that GIF is available after it does happen seeing how you Forrest is your #2 favorite and I have too much respect for Hendo.

or who knows, if this fights stoppage is brutal enough, I'll let you have a little reminder of this fight
teddythetuna
5/23/08 10:37:31AM
I dont think it matters if Fitch trains with Koscheck for 10 years. you will not know how strong GSP really is until you fight him. i dont think its his wrestling ability thats suprising people its his strength. fitch is used to overpowering guys and when he cant do it against GSP he will get mind fu*ked and wont know what to do. The guy does take down LHW at the jackson camp( #1 camp IMO)
pv3Hpv3p
5/23/08 10:38:18AM
someone's gotta be the underdog... Is it going to be the champion who very clearly avenged his two loses and has fought tougher competition... Or the challenger...

I think if anything GSP deserves the benefit of the doubt, no matter how much you like Fitch
kaskd
5/23/08 3:28:30PM
Like everyone else said it's all about the style that Fitch fights. He's a wrestler and a good one, but GSP has shown his dominance over wrestlers. Now if Fitch had great stand up game, then he might not be such an underdog. I can see why someone earlier said Serra was less of an underdog because he had the puncher's chance (i don't agree i think Serra was still a HUGE underdog). But Fitch is just bettered in every aspect of his game by GSP.
hippysmacker
5/23/08 8:28:26PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I'm definitely in and I'll tell you ahead of time it will be a GIF of Forrest getting knocked out by Jardine or a GIF of Rampage knocking him out when that GIF is available after it does happen seeing how you Forrest is your #2 favorite and I have too much respect for Hendo.

or who knows, if this fights stoppage is brutal enough, I'll let you have a little reminder of this fight

Deal. Yours will just probably be a Dallas Cowboy logo. Good luck
mrkennedy
5/23/08 11:29:11PM
everybody is a underdog vs GSP
tepid55
5/24/08 4:18:17PM
Jon Fitch hasn't been defeated in the UFC. I think he has a decent chance of winning the title.