Jon Fitch vs. Marcus Davis?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Jon Fitch vs. Marcus Davis?
MMA
6/16/07 5:55:50PM
I have a feeling that they still won't give Fitch Karo Parisyan so how about Marcus Davis? That guy is on a tear right now, just like Jon Fitch, and it would be an interesting fight.

Marcus is a former pro boxer and has some decent ground game while Fitch is a strong wrestler with some nice jiu-jutsu as well. I would love to see this fight and then if Fitch wins (which I think he will), I hope they finally let him fight it out with Karo.
fedorwins1
6/16/07 6:44:48PM
I've been saying for alittle bit that people should look out for Marcus Davis, he's on a role right now. I would love to see this fight, make it happen Joe Silva!
Trapt1nw0nder
6/16/07 6:51:06PM
naw man....this would be a bad idea.....Jon Fitch has already been in alot of tough fights and he already needs someone well known,and up in the ladder like GSP,Karo,or someone up there,not an other unknown(to casual fans) tough test again

i still think Fitch wins though,but its time for Fitch's shot
babalu2720
6/16/07 7:16:17PM
i agree with trapt fitch needs his chance. he def has earned it and this no disrespect 2 davis but fitch would not gain anything out of this fight. he needs to fight a top ten fighter. karo makes the most sense due to ranking and timetable
xthe_scottx
6/16/07 7:18:45PM
Davis isn't a very well known fighter and Fitch is now 6-0 in the UFC. I think we need to see Fitch vs Parisyan to determine third contender since GSP vs Koscheck is for first contender. Then, the winner of Fitch vs Parisyan fights the loser of GSP vs Koscheck.
Believe-in-judo81
6/16/07 7:34:26PM
I think it would be an interesting fight but I say save it, Jon deserves a big name opponent. Him and Karo would be an amazing fight, as other have already said, and looks like the best candidate to me. And if the winner of that doesn't get a damned title shot, Joe Silva has a screw loose.
KYGUY07
6/16/07 8:01:47PM
Fitch needs to fight Karo, the winner of that should get the shot after the winner of gsp/koscheck. but marcus davis is a beast and will be a tough fight for anyone.
Ydoc
6/16/07 8:09:04PM
I don't like two up and comers fighting each other. I'd like to see Marcus vs. Cummo. Karo would be a good test for Fitch.
C-MurdA
6/16/07 8:20:28PM
that would be an awesome fight imo. but i think fitch should be fighting someone like karo next, but were just gonna have to see what they do
DangerousDjohn
6/16/07 8:55:59PM
Marcus Davis vs. Fitch would be nice, but like everyone else has said Fitch needs to fight Karo next.
gspfan31
6/16/07 9:45:56PM
i think davis's ground game needs to develop more before he takes on someone as well rounded as fitch
MMA
6/16/07 10:56:36PM
Of course I also want to see Fitch fight Parisyan but I just don't think it will happen in his next fight. The UFC loves to screw over Fitch, but who knows, maybe I could be wrong.
EvilScott
6/17/07 12:04:26AM
Fighting Davis is a step down for Fitch. Sure Davis has been on a tear, but who has he been beating? Shonie Carter? Pete Spratt? This nobody from England? Davis will get to the point Fitch is at but right now he's nowhere close.

Fitch is in title contention - if he fights Davis it will be a "gimme" fight to make him #1 contender.
The_Metal_Maniac
6/17/07 4:35:49PM

Posted by EvilScott

Fighting Davis is a step down for Fitch. Sure Davis has been on a tear, but who has he been beating? Shonie Carter? Pete Spratt? This nobody from England? Davis will get to the point Fitch is at but right now he's nowhere close.

Fitch is in title contention - if he fights Davis it will be a "gimme" fight to make him #1 contender.

I agree. Fitch needs to solidify himself as a contender. The UFC can't keep giving him second teer fighters. The WW division will be in a stalemate until the finale of TUF 6 anyways. They should have Fitch fight Karo, or wait and fight the loser of KOS GSP. Although He wouldn't fight KOS because of the AKA ties. Here is a crazy idea bring back Nick Diaz and let them scrap.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
hook_tothe_body
6/17/07 7:27:05PM
I agree with Ydoc. Marcus vs. Cummo would be an awesome fight, it should happen. Winner of that could move on to bigger things.

Like everyone has said, Jon Fitch should fight Karo. I see Karo winning that fight, just by out working Fitch. But it would be a pretty good fight, I think.
Damien6663
6/17/07 10:13:30PM
I think this fight would be high risk, low reward for fitch. Davis is on a roll lately and seems to becoming a true mixed martial artist. It is time for Fitch to fight a contender, he has been nothing but impressive in the ufc, he needs to start fighting people in title contention. IMO karo does not deserver the next title shot, that loss to diego brought him down a rung or 2, but if he beats fitch then yes he deserves a shot. And if fitch can take out karo he would be 1 fight away from a title shot in my opinion.
edge0125
6/18/07 12:57:08AM
IMO Marcus Davis is a very talented fighter, if this fight ever does happen. It wouldnt even be a fight, it would be complete domination by Jon Fitch
pv3Hpv3p
6/18/07 12:12:15PM
I know it might be a step back for Fitch, but I think that he should co-headline a FN or something in a rematch against Joslin... IMO, that's a big blemish on Fitch's very impressive streak...

You also have to think about him not wanting to fight Koschek because they are both AKA... So it would give a little time for that situation to play itself out...
JewJitsu
6/18/07 8:14:12PM
I would love to see Fitch fight the winner of Sanchez/Sakurai.