With Jon Fitch hurt, B.J. Penn won't fight at UFC 132 in July

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » With Jon Fitch hurt, B.J. Penn won't fight at UFC 132 in July
Budgellism
4/7/11 6:25:34PM
B.J. Penn (16-7-2 MMA, 12-6-2 UFC) will not fight at UFC 132.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has confirmed with sources close to the Hawaiian that the UFC is not currently seeking an opponent for Penn, and "The Prodigy" will instead return to action at a later date.

Penn had been expected to take part in a rematch at the July 2 event with Jon Fitch (23-3-1 MMA, 13-1-1 UFC), but the perennial welterweight contender in March was forced to withdraw from the bout with a shoulder injury.

LINK
TS92turbo
4/7/11 6:38:52PM
They shouldve brought in Condit. Or Miller at 155
Budgellism
4/7/11 6:51:19PM

Posted by TS92turbo

They shouldve brought in Condit. Or Miller at 155

I'm pretty sure they're still going with Condit, just at a different event. That card is retardedly stacked as it is.
mattjonesy
4/7/11 7:01:40PM
Condit would be great, wouldnt mind seeing Kos either.
FastKnockout
4/7/11 9:34:19PM
Eh, this decision has me wondering if Penn will fight at all until the Fitch fight. Depending on if GSP moves up to Middleweight, the UFC probably wants someone with a name to fight for the title, and I doubt they will risk someone like Penn with a hardcore fanbase losing to Condit. If GSP beats Shields, and decides to move up, Fitch/Penn 2 could be for the title.
prozacnation1978
4/8/11 9:34:45AM
No big suprise
When I read addition of silva vs leban
I knew they took penn of card

Probably will fight condit in philly in aug