Jon Fitch Cleared to Compete, Changes Stance on Who He'll Fight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jon Fitch Cleared to Compete, Changes Stance on Who He'll Fight
FastKnockout
8/18/11 11:35:36PM
Jon Fitch has been out for a long time after shoulder surgery, but he finally got the green light from his doctor to return to training yesterday. While Fitch has been on the shelf, all of the big fights he wanted have passed him by. His rematch against B.J. Penn fell apart and Penn is now facing Carlos Condit. He wanted to fight Jake Shields (and Shields wanted to face him), but Shields was paired up with Jake Ellenberger instead. And it didn't help that Fitch had this to say back in early June:

"I'm at a point in my career where I need to be fighting main events and main event fighters," Fitch told MMAWeekly.com. "And if you don't have a belt, currently, or you haven't owned a belt in the UFC, I'm not really interested."

LINK
sbulldavid
8/18/11 11:44:43PM
GSP, Penn, Hughes, Serra
FastKnockout
8/18/11 11:50:23PM

Posted by sbulldavid

GSP, Penn, Hughes, Serra

I don't understand what you mean. Out of those four Serra is the only one I'm aware of that isn't already signed to fight in the upcoming months.
Twenty20Dollars
8/19/11 12:30:14AM
Koscheck......oh wait
RhythmAndStyle
8/19/11 1:57:37AM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by sbulldavid

GSP, Penn, Hughes, Serra

I don't understand what you mean. Out of those four Serra is the only one I'm aware of that isn't already signed to fight in the upcoming months.

that still wont happen..Serra not a good enough opponent for the likes of the amazin Jon Fitch..lmao...
Pookie
8/19/11 2:17:37AM
I think after you get told by your boss "You'll fight whoever we ******* say you'll fight", you have to change your stance.
Sir_Karl
8/19/11 3:01:32AM
Throw Ebersole at him.
Grimus
8/19/11 3:06:01AM
Kampmann????
Pookie
8/19/11 3:20:09AM
Unless he's waiting for awhile, i think the only guys available right now in his league are Dong Hyun Kim and Rory Macdonald.

If he waits it out:
Winner of Shields/Ellenberger
Winner of Hughes/Diego(Doubtful IMO)
Winner of Rumble/Brenneman(Yeah, Rumble)

I think the plan is to give him the winner of Shields/Ellenberger, though i'd love to see how he handles the first round against Rumble.
Patchedup15
8/19/11 4:58:41AM
Fast Knockout..
Dana recently said he doesn't see serra taking a fight anytime soon.. besides he isn't exactly top 10 right now
jjeans
8/19/11 5:21:11AM

Posted by Pookie

I think after you get told by your boss "You'll fight whoever we ******* say you'll fight", you have to change your stance.

"He'll fight Andy Wang and like it!" Is what Dana's probably thinking
Bubbles
8/19/11 11:22:13AM

Posted by jjeans

"He'll fight Dennis Hallman's Wang and like it!" Is what Dana's probably thinking

fixed
SamPan
8/19/11 6:41:09PM
Looks like it's Rory. After Rory's showing against Pyle, I think I'll pick him for the upset tko aganst Fitch. Whatever happens, it'll be good to see how this prospect deals with a strong wrestler. I think he's naturally much stronger than most welterweights though
jjeans
8/20/11 10:23:01AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by jjeans

"He'll fight Dennis Hallman's Wang and like it!" Is what Dana's probably thinking

fixed

Posted by SamPan

Looks like it's Rory. After Rory's showing against Pyle, I think I'll pick him for the upset tko aganst Fitch. Whatever happens, it'll be good to see how this prospect deals with a strong wrestler. I think he's naturally much stronger than most welterweights though

Woahh... In my opinion Fitch would destroy Rory with LnP probably taking his short term confidence with him too.... Theres a reason only GSP has beaten him
Kpro
8/21/11 1:25:08AM
Give him someone on a 2 fight losing streak so that the UFC can delay momentum as much as possible avoiding title shots until his contract ends.

Joking, but sadly, probably not. And I'm not bashing, I like Fitch, but it's more than obvious that no one higher up in the UFC does.