Jon Fitch Celebrates UFC 100 Victory by Getting Engaged

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jon Fitch Celebrates UFC 100 Victory by Getting Engaged
emfleek
7/16/09 10:48:36AM
It's safe to say that Jon Fitch will never forget UFC 100 weekend.

First, he defeated the previously undefeated Paulo Thiago via unanimous decision Saturday night. And then he proposed to his long-time girlfriend, Michele Cao, on Sunday.

STORY
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/16/09 11:45:08AM
congrats fitchy
scoozna
7/16/09 11:55:38AM
"Asked whether he would have changed his plans had he lost to Thiago at UFC 100, Fitch replied that he never even considered that scenario."

Now that's a stupid question.
Irish_Pride
7/16/09 12:29:12PM
Haha how sweet. He actually asked her parents before popping the question. Very old school.
scoozna
7/16/09 1:32:56PM

Posted by Irish_Pride

Haha how sweet. He actually asked her parents before popping the question. Very old school.

So did I...

All right all you married folks out there...MAN UP...did you or did you not ask your future-father-in-law for his blessing??!?!???!? If not...I wanna know why...
KaibaThedon
7/16/09 1:43:30PM
YEAHHH

JONNNNNN FITCHHHHH

Guy is an animal... kinda silly though, cuz if he couldn't beat GSP, Mike Swick has even a less of a chance
billycarnage
7/16/09 4:15:40PM

Posted by scoozna

Posted by Irish_Pride

So did I...

All right all you married folks out there...MAN UP...did you or did you not ask your future-father-in-law for his blessing??!?!???!? If not...I wanna know why...

I asked my father in law like 2 months before I popped the question. That's not old school that's just the way it is.

Congrats Fitch, you are a hard worker so you guys will do well.
Drudinh
7/17/09 2:50:20AM
Yeah I'm surprised people don't ask for a fathers blessing before marriage. It is disrespectful in my book. From experience though Mr. Fitch... Don't Do It!. But also congrats, and good luck.
Wolfenstein
7/17/09 3:17:06AM
Wasn't he out drinking with GSP after UFC 100? GSP gets so hammered he forgets his whole name, and Fitch gets engaged. Some party.
emfleek
7/17/09 8:21:05AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Wasn't he out drinking with GSP after UFC 100? GSP gets so hammered he forgets his whole name, and Fitch gets engaged. Some party.

That's pretty typical of us Fort Wayne folk. I'd be willing to be that there's a meth lab story in there somewhere, too.