Jon Fitch will beat Erick Silva and I will bet my Av on it!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Jon Fitch will beat Erick Silva and I will bet my Av on it!
SmileR
10/11/12 9:56:00AM
Anyone man enough to take this bet on!? Jon Fitch is the second best WW in the world and Erick Silva will be gridded down just like all the others.
Chael_Sonnen
10/11/12 9:59:43AM
Second best? Hahahaha

Johny Boy Hendricks disagrees......and so do I.

SmileR
10/11/12 10:03:06AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Second best? Hahahaha

Disagree enough to put your Av on the line? Or are you yellow?!
sparky
10/11/12 10:03:47AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Second best? Hahahaha

I second my boy _Sonnen

I use to agree with Fitch being second best but just dont see how thats possible after Johnny knocking him out, but I do agree he will beat Silva this weekend
SmileR
10/11/12 10:09:22AM

Posted by sparky

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Second best? Hahahaha

I second my boy _Sonnen

I use to agree with Fitch being second best but just dont see how thats possible after Johnny knocking him out, but I do agree he will beat Silva this weekend

Was GSP still the best in the world after he got KO'd by Serra? I know Hendricks landed a Serra'esq punch. Fitch will rise again! Like the bird from that harry potter film I just sat though!
sparky
10/11/12 11:43:12AM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by sparky

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Second best? Hahahaha

I second my boy _Sonnen

Was GSP still the best in the world after he got KO'd by Serra? I know Hendricks landed a Serra'esq punch. Fitch will rise again! Like the bird from that harry potter film I just sat though!

Matt Serra knocking out GSP is a bad example Serra got dominated in damn near every fight after that one whereas Hendricks has only gotten better and has beat other top 10 opponents
Bubbles
10/11/12 11:46:31AM

Posted by sparky

Matt Serra knocking out GSP is a bad example Serra got dominated in damn near every fight after that one whereas Hendricks has only gotten better and has beat other top 10 opponents

Hendricks lost to Koscheck and a 10 second fight really doesn't answer any questions. I will take Fitch over Hendricks 9/10 times moving forward
kopower
10/11/12 11:50:44AM
I'd take this bet, but I would feel sorry taking your av away from you again
kingsmasher
10/11/12 12:29:33PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by sparky

Hendricks lost to Koscheck and a 10 second fight really doesn't answer any questions. I will take Fitch over Hendricks 9/10 times moving forward

Yeah a ten sec fight dont mean squat....I still would pick Fitch also...
Theoutlaw08
10/11/12 12:56:20PM
No way is he the second best WW. I wont do the bet, because I think the 9th best WW (Fitch) is better than the 20th (Silva).
SmileR
10/11/12 3:30:20PM

Posted by kopower

You got yourself a deal, brother! How's 2 weeks sound?
Chael_Sonnen
10/11/12 3:56:42PM
Johny Boy knocking out Fitch in :12 seconds is more impressive than Fitch's sleeping pill performances from the Gono fight straight on through to the second Alves fight.

Fitch will be walking sideways for a week after Erick runs a train on ole' Fitchy.

In fact, I'm inviting Erick to my BBQ on Sunday

***** The Voice of Reason has spoken *****

Alright, everyone now run along.
BuffaloDave
10/11/12 4:04:07PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by sparky

Yeah a ten sec fight dont mean squat....I still would pick Fitch also...

I don't get it?? How does that fight not mean squat. Fitch got caught plain and simple, not like he slipped and got caught or pulled a Travis Browne.

Hey Bubbs, reason why it didn't answer any questions because Fitch was sleeping in no time
Bubbles
10/11/12 4:23:16PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

No way is he the second best WW. I wont do the bet, because I think the 9th best WW (Fitch) is better than the 20th (Silva).

9th best WW? 13-2-1 (should be 14-2) is not the record of a #9 fighter
Bubbles
10/11/12 4:27:45PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

I don't get it?? How does that fight not mean squat. Fitch got caught plain and simple, not like he slipped and got caught or pulled a Travis Browne.

Hendricks threw and landed 1 punch, that is all. He didn't dominate or pick apart or outwrestle or anything that fight. If they fought again, will the result be the same? Highly doubt it as there is nothing to bank it on besides what happened in 10 seconds. It didn't answer any questions except that Hendricks hits like a truck...and that's it.
SmileR
10/11/12 4:33:04PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Preach on, brother!! Fitch is without doubt top 5. Arguably second or at a push third.
Theoutlaw08
10/11/12 4:34:45PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Pulled it from the latest ranking i saw. Ive seen him anywhere from 6 to 10, so I'd say 9 isnt even that bad. Last two fights, draw, Loss, I'd say i ranked him pretty good. Maybe he should have been 14-2, but the Packers should have beat the Seahawks, judges make mistakes, it is what it is. I have him at 9.
SmileR
10/11/12 4:41:43PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Pulled it from the latest ranking i saw. Ive seen him anywhere from 6 to 10, so I'd say 9 isnt even that bad. Last two fights, draw, Loss, I'd say i ranked him pretty good. Maybe he should have been 14-2, but the Packers should have beat the Seahawks, judges make mistakes, it is what it is. I have him at 9.

Rankings in the past have had Shields ranked as high as 2nd in both the MW and WW devisions. They also had Dan Hardy ranked 2nd just before his title fight. Did you agree with them then?
Also most rankings have guys like Condit, Diaz and Kos above him. And they aren't.

I'd liken this situation to a series of event that happened to my friend in his work a few years ago. He was an average employee, kept his head down, didn't ruffle to many feathers and did just enough work to slip by without being picked up for laziness. Then the 3 guys above him who actually worked hard and tried left for better jobs. His department was disbanded and he was moved into another section of the company he worked in.

So the moral of this story is Jon Fitch is without doubt a top 5 guy. You can't argue with science.
Chael_Sonnen
10/11/12 4:48:20PM
Mike Pierce > > fitch
frizzzlecake
10/11/12 4:51:39PM
I see it, Silva's a young guy who can't control his emotions when things go wrong.

Fitch via UD. (I know i'm going out a limb with the prediction of UD)
kopower
10/11/12 4:57:42PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by kopower

Sounds good. I originally had a bet with shaneTpain, but he hasn't got back to me about it. Here is your chance for revenge! Send it my way, and I'll accept. 2 weeks sounds good my friend.
SmileR
10/11/12 7:37:02PM

Posted by kopower

Posted by SmileR

Posted by kopower

Sounds good. I originally had a bet with shaneTpain, but he hasn't got back to me about it. Here is your chance for revenge! Send it my way, and I'll accept. 2 weeks sounds good my friend.

Done and done. I've got your Av picked out already!
sparky
10/11/12 7:59:28PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by BuffaloDave

Hendricks threw and landed 1 punch, that is all. He didn't dominate or pick apart or outwrestle or anything that fight. If they fought again, will the result be the same? Highly doubt it as there is nothing to bank it on besides what happened in 10 seconds. It didn't answer any questions except that Hendricks hits like a truck...and that's it.

If Fitch and Hendricks were to fight again I would take the same pick I took last time FitchUD but it is what it is, Johnny knocked Fitch out the first time so until Fitch redeems himself I have to rank Hendricks higher.
Bubbles
10/11/12 8:19:31PM

Posted by sparky

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by BuffaloDave

If Fitch and Hendricks were to fight again I would take the same pick I took last time FitchUD but it is what it is, Johnny knocked Fitch out the first time so until Fitch redeems himself I have to rank Hendricks higher.

If you want to rank him above, that's understandable. If you want to say he is a better fighter because of a single punch in a 10 second fight, that is where I
941_Florida_Boy
10/12/12 11:43:18AM
Fitch is a great fighter, a smart fighter, & overall warrior... but Erick is a very exciting, young, talented guy that the fans want to see more of...

I'm hoping Erick wins but wouldn't surprise me is Fitch gets another decision...

Fitch hasn't finished a fight since June 12, 2007...
LateCold
10/14/12 5:46:53PM
I wonder what the new avatar will be.