Jon Fitch: " I'm fine fighting BJ after I win"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jon Fitch: " I'm fine fighting BJ after I win"
Porch28
7/11/08 11:27:13AM
I think being in his face and keeping pace with him, never going away, just always bothering him is the biggest thing. I don't want him to think he's going to set a pace that I can't hang with...he's never fought a fighter like me," stated UFC welterweight Jon Fitch as he talked about his upcoming clash with UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre

LINK
Darnok
7/11/08 11:44:09AM
And Fitch has never fought anyone like GSP.
Jason-plata
7/11/08 11:52:01AM
I think that Fitch needs to get a catscan or an MRI befroe he gets into the ring for his next fight. If he thinks that he is just gonn walk right through GSP he is triping out.
Porch28
7/11/08 12:07:58PM
I think it's going to be a great fight and I hope Fitch stomps him
Bowen50
7/11/08 12:15:34PM
GSP is going to absolutely dismantle Fitch. He will push a pace that Fitch can't handle. GSP's enterence music should be "Everything you can do i can do better" because he has the skill advantage everywhere in this fight.
Porch28
7/11/08 12:18:01PM

Posted by Bowen50

GSP is going to absolutely dismantle Fitch. He will push a pace that Fitch can't handle.

He might beat Fitch but your crazy to think He won't be able to handle GSP's pace. He's a first class wrestler and now A Black belt in BJJ. So thats just a crazy thing to say. It will be a great fight
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/11/08 12:25:33PM
Aight johnny boy, yeah your good... but now you better back that shit up in the cage.
Twenty20Dollars
7/11/08 12:27:47PM
that's funny, because i dont think BJ is going to want to fight Fitch when he doesnt have the title. GSP and BJ would both beat down fitch.
billycarnage
7/11/08 12:49:01PM
This guy... I think he is trying to get inside GSP's head but really he only has a punchers chance. He has the worst JJ for a Black Belt and his only outstanding attribute (size/strength) wont be a factor against GSP. Fighting BJ would be funny to watch because BJ would bloody him up and put him through a JJ clinic like Sheilds did choke after choke.
I hope GSP puts him in his place.
BJ vs GSP II is what I really want to see.
Bowen50
7/11/08 1:34:38PM

Posted by Porch28

Posted by Bowen50

GSP is going to absolutely dismantle Fitch. He will push a pace that Fitch can't handle.

He might beat Fitch but your crazy to think He won't be able to handle GSP's pace. He's a first class wrestler and now A Black belt in BJJ. So thats just a crazy thing to say. It will be a great fight

GSP and Fitch are 2 of my favorites at welterweight. From the first time i saw Fitch fight i said he was going to be a force at welterweight, but hes not nearly as big of a force as GSP. Fitch didn't look impressive at all in his last fight against Wilson who is a B or C level fighter in my opinion. I'd also take GSP's brown belt over Fitch's black belt anyday.
originalconspiracy
7/11/08 2:02:41PM
see fitch vs jeff joslin. that is all
kaduey
7/11/08 2:06:29PM

Posted by Porch28

Posted by Bowen50

Josh Koshek was supposed to the best wrestler in the UFC, look how GSP absolutely controlled him. GSP's greatest strength is how he is able to control the fight at all times. no one in the world (except Fedor) has the same kind of control GSP does. I like Fitch but this is not a good match for him.
emfleek
7/11/08 2:10:45PM
Bring out the armchair QB's!!!
mrsmiley
7/11/08 2:59:23PM
I'm placed my bet on Fitch.I think GSP is amazing,but I think Fitch is going to have his number,and deliver an answer for everything GSP throws at him.
jimmypockets
7/11/08 3:00:02PM
Yeah these people never learn. I think it is a good fight for gsp. Fitch will be hungry and I hope he KO's him just so I can laugh at the 90% of people that thought he had no chance. I like GSP and will probably pick him but to act like GSP is untouchable is ignorant. Best of luck to both guys.
emfleek
7/11/08 3:01:38PM

Posted by jimmypockets

Yeah these people never learn. I think it is a good fight for gsp. Fitch will be hungry and I hope he KO's him just so I can laugh at the 90% of people that thought he had no chance. I like GSP and will probably pick him but to act like GSP is untouchable is ignorant. Best of luck to both guys.

Ding.

Winner.
whardin19
7/11/08 3:50:09PM
Ton of Jon Fitch haters on here! Anyone that thinks GSP will run through Fitch has never truly watched Fitch fight. The guys got mad skills. I just don't see GSP, all of your guys hero running through a competitor like Fitch, and to say GSP is better at everything than Fitch is just plain ignorant! This fight will be war and I see Fitch being on the winning side of it.

"I was like "What the hell?" It's like the guy raped and murdered a whole church of nuns or something. It's weird man. I don't get it." That was a pretty funny quote from Fitch about Koscheck. I agree with him too. I don't know why everyone hates Koshcheck so much. The guys gifted. I know he didn't act the best after he fought Diego, and I'd route for Diego in a rematch. But I like this guy.

FrankTheTank1181
7/11/08 4:24:47PM
I think it's in Jon Fitch's best interest to focus on GSP and not look past him.
Porch28
7/11/08 7:55:26PM
Too many GSP nuthuggers
EON
7/11/08 8:07:27PM
BJ would beat them both
RMFG_187
7/11/08 9:09:25PM
TO ANYONE WHO THINKS FITCH HAS A CHANCE

R8J
7/11/08 9:10:55PM
You guys are right Jon should just say i have no shot at beating GSP. infact why even show up because GSP has never been in an upset.
RMFG_187
7/11/08 9:11:30PM

Posted by Porch28

Too many GSP nuthuggers

no.

just too many people that think Fitch deserves a Title shot. GSP will out wrestle him, out box him on his feet, and He will end it with a Sub.

no nuthuggers here, just educated fans.
whardin19
7/11/08 10:12:35PM

Posted by RMFG_187

TO ANYONE WHO THINKS FITCH HAS A CHANCE

Lets do it buddy! I'm totally up for it.
bigbubbano23
7/11/08 10:19:13PM
fitch will destroy gsp. i think we will find that he is not as good as he is portrayed to be in this upcoming fight. idk i'am just a gsp hater.
JimiMak
7/11/08 11:40:00PM
Fitch is good, but only stands a small chance against GSP. and neither of them stands more than a small chance against the re-invigorated BJ. BJ is better than both of them at everything. The weight is the only question for BJ.
Porch28
7/12/08 7:05:52AM

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by Porch28

Too many GSP nuthuggers

no.

just too many people that think Fitch deserves a Title shot. GSP will out wrestle him, out box him on his feet, and He will end it with a Sub.

You say educated fans and then make a statement like that. Your crazy! If fitch doesn't deserve a shot then who does. Give the man some damn respect. He's waited patiently and now he's getting his shot.
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/12/08 8:49:18AM

Posted by Porch28

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by Porch28

Too many GSP nuthuggers

no.

You say educated fans and then make a statement like that. Your crazy! If fitch doesn't deserve a shot then who does. Give the man some damn respect. He's waited patiently and now he's getting his shot.

and he's gonna get his ass handed to him... you cant expect having a controversial thread like this and having no one jumping on it saying Fitch will get dismantled. This is not GSP Nuthugging, this is just common sense.
Boo_Radley21
7/12/08 11:25:30AM
I liked his comment about losing your title when you change weight classes. I definitely agree with that.
teddythetuna
7/12/08 12:14:34PM
Fitch is good and deserves a title shot IMO. But i dont believe he will beat GSP. As was said in an earlier post Fitch has never faced a guy like GSP. He is not going to tire Gsp, Gsp is a very good striker that mixes it up, and he was just in Brazil refining his JJ skills. Fitches Black belt will not mean a thing. if Bj couldnt sub him fitch has no chance. Gsp has better wrestling as we all seen in the KOS fight and Gsp has phenomenal GNP with exceptional top control. Fitch has no idea how tired he will be when he is getting controlled on top by Gsp. Yeah he trains with sheilds but he isnt getting elbowed in the face when he is rolling with sheilds. GSP is not my favorite fighter but i couldnt help but defend a fighter who i think is better.