Joint Supplements.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Joint Supplements.
The-Don
5/30/08 7:17:09PM
OK I am 30... In decent shape e overall pretty healthy except I have bad knees... What supplements out there really work for joint pain and such?
postman
5/30/08 7:50:57PM
Sugars and refined flours cause your insulin to raise and insulin is an inflammatory hormone so cutting those out will help. as far as things you can take Cissus Quandrangularis helps with joint and bone recovery it also helps strenghten joints. Proteolytic enzymes help with inflammation.Fish oil also will help it will also assist with your cardio. Hope I helped.
The-Don
5/30/08 8:51:05PM

Posted by postman

Sugars and refined flours cause your insulin to raise and insulin is an inflammatory hormone so cutting those out will help. as far as things you can take Cissus Quandrangularis helps with joint and bone recovery it also helps strenghten joints. Proteolytic enzymes help with inflammation.Fish oil also will help it will also assist with your cardio. Hope I helped.

A little bit.. what is... Cissus Quandrangularis ... and what are examples of Proteolytic enzymes that would help even more..
postman
5/31/08 1:28:10PM
Cissus
This is where I get my Cissus It was refered to me by someone I trust.
Proteolytic enzymes you can buy at any supplemet store.

Kracker_Jap
5/31/08 2:27:45PM

Posted by The-Don

OK I am 30... In decent shape e overall pretty healthy except I have bad knees... What supplements out there really work for joint pain and such?

LOL its nice to know I'm not the only 30yr that has to deal with joint pain...

This is what I take and it helps me.....

Fish oil supplement
Glucoasamine HCI 1500mg
Chondroitin Sulfate 1200mg

The truth is I stopped taking this stuff like 6 months ago and could'nt run a month after stopping my hips hurt so bad along with my knuckles and shoulder

So I started taking it again and after a month or so I felt much better.....

Try it its cheap and could help
The-Don
5/31/08 6:49:10PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by The-Don

Fish oil supplement
Glucoasamine HCI 1500mg

The truth is I stopped taking this stuff like 6 months ago and could'nt run a month after stopping my hips hurt so bad along with my knuckles and shoulder

Thanks both.. yea I am 30 and looking to step in to the ring before the year is over for my first time.. Possibly an early Mid life crisis????
Pitbull09
6/3/08 12:59:05AM
Just wondering, would be doing this stuff when Im young help prevent the problems when I get older or should I wait til im old like 30?
The-Don
6/3/08 11:54:43AM

Posted by Pitbull09

Just wondering, would be doing this stuff when Im young help prevent the problems when I get older or should I wait til im old like 30?

well I don't consider 30 old.. I got bad knees from all I have done.. I have been training in Martails arts since I was about 5, I played soccer, Baseball, Street and roller hockey, Tennis not counting things like basket balls and football with friends.. we would ply full contact with no pads and such we even inveted a game which made rugby and football seem dull.. Plus I was in the military... also I been working since I was 12... yea I had a job at 12.. ... So its not really that I am old.. I don't feel old in fact overall I would say I am in better shape now then 5 years ago.. both mentally and physically.. ( I actually messed my knees up in the navy when I was 18... been dealing with knee pain since then,,,) but now that I am getting active again and starting to train.. I want to prevent any addational problems..
The-Don
6/5/08 7:19:37PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by The-Don

Fish oil supplement
Glucoasamine HCI 1500mg

Cheap is correct I got like a 3 month supply of stuff for 40 dollars... how long though until I should start to feel a difference.. I am on day 3 right now...
Kracker_Jap
6/5/08 7:32:00PM
It depends on how tore down you are..... But its a very common and cheap fix
I feel the difference in about a month or so, keep in mind its not a fix all but definaltly a feel better supplement....

A funny thing I ran into a lady yesterday that was giveing it to her dog for his arthrietis

I recomend that for your joints and Glutamine for you Muscles when your old....

And to answer the question for the youngster wondering if he should take the stuff for prevention... I would think yes, but it depends I guess should you use anti wrinkle cream if you have no wrinkles?? I do!
The-Don
6/6/08 12:01:56PM

Posted by postman

Cissus
This is where I get my Cissus It was refered to me by someone I trust.
Proteolytic enzymes you can buy at any supplemet store.

Are you really using this and how well does it work? I am going to give the cheaper products a try first.. and see how it goes...
postman
6/6/08 8:32:03PM
I have used it but the price has kept me from using it everyday. The guy I know takes it everyday and says if he doesn’t he is in pain quickly. I take it when I feel the pain coming. I'm only 26 and have only been training for a year so far my discomfort is minimal. I don't have any bad joints from football or anything like that. I do take fish oil everyday and it is a great product. You can get it at Wal mart for next to nothing and if you like fish sticks take the pills then burp about 15 min later and you will get the taste of said fish sticks!
gartface
6/6/08 8:49:30PM

Posted by The-Don

I'm only 20 and I have a bad knee...shit sucks man...
The-Don
6/7/08 12:08:23PM
I been living with a bad knee since I was about 18... Sometimes ita really bad like this time of year... I'll be in bad poain for a couple of weeks then it goes mostly away but is never all gone. for the most part I can live with it.. I am hoping these supplements will take away that last little bit under normal situations... and when the pain is bad to lessen it and allow me to function.. one thing I have noticed is excersie has always helped alot.. the better shape I was in the less pain I had over all.