Johnson Recovered, Ready For October Return

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Johnson Recovered, Ready For October Return
DCRage
9/3/08 10:14:33AM
During an appearance yesterday on TAGG Radio, Anthony Johnson talked about the controversial TKO loss to Kevin Burns, the fight's aftermath, and his recovery from eye surgery. Johnson said he is cleared to return now but will likely next fight in October.

Article
Bowen50
9/3/08 10:30:54AM
Good to see Johnson is coming back. he is always exciting to watch. i wonder who he's going to fight next. i wouldn't be surprised if it was someone like Luigi Fioravanti, Dustin Hazelett (i'd like to see him fight Tamdan McCrory), or Jonathan Goulet. All of those would be good tests for Johnson in my opinion.
Twenty20Dollars
9/3/08 11:11:16AM
Im hoping we see the good anthony johnson, because in the last fight with kevin burns he didnt seem the same. I know the eye pokes may have effected but i also think the huge amount of weight he has to cut really effected him because he looked gassed in that last fight.
prozacnation1978
9/3/08 11:11:54AM
i see him fighting in nov against goulet or kos maybe
wrona666
9/3/08 11:42:28AM
What a horrible outcome his last fight was......He gets the loss due to the eye poke then he has to undergo surgery......I hope he comes back strong.....
DiabloFreak56
9/3/08 12:30:18PM
johnson vs hazelett would be sick
SpiderSilva
9/3/08 2:54:51PM
man I hope he doesn't fight Kos yet he isn't ready
whardin19
9/3/08 3:27:29PM
Could we see a Johnson vs. Burns rematch on the horizon after what happened in the first one? Wouldn't be too bad of an idea. The first fight was good except for all the eye gouges.
Jshep714
9/4/08 1:15:58AM
Yeah he should probably stop cutting so much weight. He looks awesome in the 1st round but if it gets past that he starts looking bad. The fight with Kevin Burns should be ruled a No Contest. Its pretty bad when you need surgery to be able to see again and the guy that did it to your eye gets no punishment at all.
MMAcca
9/4/08 1:36:57AM

Posted by whardin19

Could we see a Johnson vs. Burns rematch on the horizon after what happened in the first one? Wouldn't be too bad of an idea. The first fight was good except for all the eye gouges.

telnights
9/4/08 2:42:47AM
Glad to hear he is doing good.

Posted by whardin19

I really don't want to see Burns back in the cage till he gets his hand issue worked out. How he got cleared that fight I will never known. He almost ended a guys fight career because he claims he couldn't make a fist. If he still cant make a fist then he shouldnt be fighting at all. In fact even if he claims his hand is better I would rather him take a fight in a lesser show to prove this eye poking thing wont be an issue ever again. I have never been ashamed of being a MMA fan but I was after that fight. I don't even think it was a good fight because Burns had eye poked Johnson so many times that it was hugely affecting the pace and style of the fight. It wasn't like there was just the one eye poke he had done it more than 5 times before the huge eye poke happened.
whardin19
9/4/08 7:56:11AM

Posted by telnights

Glad to hear he is doing good.

Posted by whardin19

I really don't want to see Burns back in the cage till he gets his hand issue worked out. How he got cleared that fight I will never known. He almost ended a guys fight career because he claims he couldn't make a fist. If he still cant make a fist then he shouldnt be fighting at all. In fact even if he claims his hand is better I would rather him take a fight in a lesser show to prove this eye poking thing wont be an issue ever again. I have never been ashamed of being a MMA fan but I was after that fight. I don't even think it was a good fight because Burns had eye poked Johnson so many times that it was hugely affecting the pace and style of the fight. It wasn't like there was just the one eye poke he had done it more than 5 times before the huge eye poke happened.

I think I remember Burns after the fight saying there was nothing they could do for it. It had been broke too many times.
DCRage
9/4/08 8:15:18AM
No matter what happens next I'm looking forward to Johnson's return, especially if he can get back to his quick KO ways. He got himself on the map very quickly and still appears to have a bright future in UFC, hopefully he gets 2-3 more solid wins in a row and can get into the title picture.
bls1919
9/4/08 10:45:33PM
This is great news. Rumble was becoming one of my favorites and then his fight with Burns happened. I was just hoping he could fight again. This soon is a blessing. That said i hope he isn't rushing it, October would be nice to see him crush some one but i would rather wait until Nov. Either way WAR ANTHONY JOWNSON!!!!!!!!
telnights
9/5/08 12:46:32AM

Posted by whardin19
I think I remember Burns after the fight saying there was nothing they could do for it. It had been broke too many times.

If that's the case then I don't think he should be fighting. Not when you put other people at risk because of your own problem. Maybe he should get in to Pancrase. But if he cant make a fist and still chooses to jab with that hand then he has no place in the cage.