Johnson's Eye Post-Fight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Johnson's Eye Post-Fight
DCRage
7/22/08 9:51:52AM
Just found this on Junkie, what Anthony Johnson's constantly poked eye looked like after UFN:

Also, Johnson is preparing an appeal of the bout.
State_Champ
7/22/08 10:20:57AM
good! he should get the appeal because the way that fight ended was bogus! I keep running over it and i cannot see any way that it should have been a TKO....
Aether
7/22/08 10:25:44AM
rofl wow he looks like he got ******* maced.

What a ridiculous fight this was. I honestly can't believe it. Seems like there's been a pretty overwhelming amount of bad or questionable calls and stoppages lately. And I don't mean the Rampage fight either. I disagree with the decision but I have no problem with it as I could see the fight being scored either way.

From dan miragliotta making late and premature stoppages to herb dean's "back of the head" point deductions to this. It just seems like WAY too many problems from refs in a really short period of time. I understand that they are human and will make mistakes but this is getting to be ridiculous.

There has to be a limit to how much judges and refs can **** up before we start doing something about it.
Rush
7/22/08 10:37:25AM
I've been poked in the eye before and I couldn't see for about 45 mins. It is one of the worst things that can happen.
Purge
7/22/08 11:13:09AM
Burns should have been disqualified.
NewGuy
7/22/08 11:30:08AM
I agree that Burns should have been DQ let me start with that. I have had the advantage of seeing the replay though. I can see how the fight was called a KO win for burns. The ref didn’t see the eye poke just the uppercut from burns. The way Rumble fell it looked like he got knocked out. The fight was stopped when Johnson was on the ground. I though the uppercut got him the first time I saw it. There is no instant replay for the ref. Imagine if it had gone another way. Say Burns missed with the eye poke but connected with the KO uppercut. The ref DQ burns for the eye poke, when he had a legitimate KO. Would we be mad that Burns got robbed? I would.

Now before you all bombard me with hate mail I am just trying to make a point. There have been bad ref decisions; I think this was an unfortunate decision but one he had to make.
Quasar
7/22/08 11:37:57AM
Dana should "Fire" Kevin Burns.

I really hope Johnson wins his appeal, I could care less about my pick anymore. That was b/s
gsquat
7/22/08 12:01:19PM
Good. He'll win his appeal and I'll get a very undeserving loss removed from my picks. That must be why he's doing it. To help my fantasy MMA record.
DCRage
7/22/08 12:05:31PM
Don't get too excited about your records. If the past has been any indication, best case would probably be the result gets changed to No Contest.
Boo_Radley21
7/22/08 12:20:20PM
I like Johnson too. I was pissed off, and hopefully it at least gets changed to a no contest.
shockwave
7/22/08 12:26:19PM
i am very happy with the way Johnson handled it. He was very respectful, and wasn't verbally upset about it by throwing a fit. Howvever, I probably would have been ahah. He made me a fan
Svartorm
7/22/08 4:10:01PM

Posted by gsquat

Good. He'll win his appeal and I'll get a very undeserving loss removed from my picks. That must be why he's doing it. To help my fantasy MMA record.

We don't overturn stats on here because of that. The fight is staying as in in our picks.
bls1919
7/22/08 5:18:52PM
Hopfully the NSAC will side with AJ on this one. That was a horrible poke. Burns shouldnt fight if he cant throw a propper fist. IMO
telnights
7/22/08 5:19:11PM
I just glad the guy still has an eye. I hope they over turn it because just seams so wrong for someone to get a TKO from an eye poke. I know this wont bring back the real world money I lost but at least will make me feel better for Johnson.
KYGUY07
7/22/08 5:41:16PM
i hope they overturn the decison, theres no way burnes should get a tko victory for that, i gained alot of respect for anthony johnson after that fight, that guy is pure class.
gsquat
7/23/08 3:39:55PM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by gsquat

We don't overturn stats on here because of that. The fight is staying as in in our picks.

I just thought that fights that we're later ruled NC were erased in both stats for past events and our picks. Cant find the results for Lawler/Smith anywhere.