Johnson vs. Dodson to headline UFC on FOX 6

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Johnson vs. Dodson to headline UFC on FOX 6
BuffaloDave
11/6/12 10:30:22PM
Yet another title fight is heading to FOX.

Newly crowned UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson (16-2-1) will make the first defense of his belt against TUF 14 winner John Dodson (14-5) in the main event of UFC on FOX 6, according to UFC Tonight's Ariel Helwani.

In addition, a long-awaited contenders match-up pitting Donald Cerrone (19-4, 1 NC) against former WEC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis (15-2) is being targeted for the FOX-televised main card.

LINK
MMAcca
11/6/12 10:44:03PM
Love this fight, should be a tough first test for Mighty Mouse.

With only two fights announced i cannot wait for this card already!
Budgellism
11/6/12 10:54:55PM
Awesome. I had a feeling Cerrone/Pettis wouldn't be main event (Even though it could have been).

I have high expectations for this fight. It's the best Flyweight fight possible right now. Their styles match up well together.
sparky
11/6/12 11:06:26PM
I think Mighty Mouse takes this one in a closely contested battle. I personally dont see this fight being as exciting as everyone else does. Neither guy is very aggressive Dodson usually waits for his opponent to attack then counters and Mighty Mouse moves around constantly I just see Mighty Mouse having the advantage in this fight off of styles.
cowcatcher
11/7/12 12:05:21AM
This isn't the sexiest main event since the division is new, but man is this card shaping up to be a damn good one.
MMAcca
11/7/12 12:09:38AM

Posted by cowcatcher

This isn't the sexiest main event since the division is new, but man is this card shaping up to be a damn good one.

Agreed, but i think the UFC is doing the right thing to promote the Flyweights by having this fight at the top of the card.
cowcatcher
11/7/12 12:15:57AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by cowcatcher

Agreed, but i think the UFC is doing the right thing to promote the Flyweights by having this fight at the top of the card.

For sure, it's a title fight, and those should always take precedence. This can only help the division gain some interest.
calitrees
11/7/12 5:02:24PM
I think mighty mouse brings out they best in Doson, this ones gonna be a scap
george112
11/7/12 5:08:51PM
Dodson via Decision

He's fast. Can strike somewhat decent now. And imo is one of the hardest guys to sub nowadays