Johnny Bones Jones Next Opponent ?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Johnny Bones Jones Next Opponent ?
MMA4EVER
3/23/10 12:48:31AM
i say he should be put against thiago silva cuz silva is an animal and would be a very hard test for jones wat do u all think
Bowen50
3/23/10 1:18:11AM
Winner of Lil' Nog and Forrest
shotokansun
3/23/10 2:07:06AM
I would say that that makes a lot of sense. Bones has clearly shown that he is a cut above the rest in many regards in his fights thus far, and either Lil Nog or Forrest would be a great step up in competition for him.

Jackelope
3/23/10 2:10:00AM
Great suggestions. I think Lil' Nog will take that fight so Lil' Nog vs. Bones Jones is a really good matchup.
postman
3/23/10 8:09:25AM
Lil Nog
Luis Cain
Forrest
Thiago Silva
babalu46
3/23/10 8:35:48AM
I wouldn't mind to see a fight between Bones and the loser of Rampage vs Rashad. But that might be seen as too big a step up.
sparky
3/23/10 9:30:22AM

Posted by MMA4EVER

i say he should be put against thiago silva cuz silva is an animal and would be a very hard test for jones wat do u all think

My exact pick also!!!
TheBestEVER
3/23/10 9:45:15AM
I agree with the winner of Lil Nog & Forrest. If Jones wins this fight I think they need to set up a 205 showdown with Anderson. Jones has a style that can be a problem for anyone, and IMO if anyone can beat Anderson at 205 its going to be Bones.
shotokansun
3/23/10 11:16:48AM

Posted by TheBestEVER

I agree with the winner of Lil Nog & Forrest. If Jones wins this fight I think they need to set up a 205 showdown with Anderson. Jones has a style that can be a problem for anyone, and IMO if anyone can beat Anderson at 205 its going to be Bones.

I don't know if they would go that far, even if he had a win against Lil Nog, or someone on that level. Its true that Bones can be a problem for just about any fighter, but you are talking about putting him up against one of the greatest fighters in the UFC, let alone ever. Even if he beat the winner of Nog/Forrest convincingly, I don't think Silva is the next logical choice.

I would say that what needs to happen for Jones goes like this:
(this is assuming he wins each of these bouts)

1. Winner of Lil Nog/Forrest
2. Loser of Rampage/Evans
3. One more fight against top competition(Whoever else is in line for the belt at the time)
4. Title Shot.
State_Champ
3/23/10 11:39:43AM

Posted by shotokansun

I would say that what needs to happen for Jones goes like this:
(this is assuming he wins each of these bouts)

1. Winner of Lil Nog/Forrest
2. Loser of Rampage/Evans
3. One more fight against top competition(Whoever else is in line for the belt at the time)
4. Title Shot.

I like this list.
RhythmAndStyle
3/23/10 4:17:56PM
i'll throw some name out there..R. Evans,Forrest and maybe even a R. Couture...
NatedawgThaM
3/23/10 4:29:57PM
Thiago Silva or Luiz Cane. Then I think Forrest or Lil Nog would be appropriate. remember the kids only 21-22 years old, be patient. No need to rush. Give him gradually better opposition each time around. Too many tragic stories of young guns that made it too the top in sports but messed it all up due to the pressure and fame. I'm not saying Jones is anything like any of those athletes but their is no need to rush him. Let him mature up a bit. GSP got to the top and thought he was unstoppable and got destroyed by Serra, matured up it was probably the greatest thing that ever happened to him.
SpiderSilva
3/23/10 7:25:07PM
What about Jardine vs Jones
MMA4EVER
3/23/10 8:04:50PM
na jardine would get killed againt bones jardine should be cut already from the roster silva and bader have put him away and jones would do the same
JackHammerXXX
3/23/10 10:00:30PM
why not Bader? Bader just won his biggest fight, in devastating fashion, and against a big name in Jardine. As Bones just did against Vera. I think this fight only would be seen as a bad idea if you look at it as eliminating a rising contender. Bader has a wrestling background and the KO power that Hamill and O'brien lacked. So I'd be interested in seeing this.

I like the idea of Thiago Silva as well. Fact is guys like Forrest,Lil Nog, Cane, Rampage, Rashad, they're all booked to fight in May. They wouldn't be ready to fight until August/Sept. earliest. You're going to wait 5 to 6 months until Bones fights again? Give him Bader at the Ultimate Fighter Finale or Thiago Silva UFC 116 July.
Boo_Radley21
3/23/10 10:44:48PM
I actually like the idea of a fight with Bader, I think he would be able to produce a KO or brutal TKO in that fight too. But anyone really would be a good fight against this guy its crazy. Another that comes to mind for me is the winner of Randy and Rich. The loser of Rampage and Rashad is another possibility..a lot of fights happening right now actually would produce a sik fight for Jones Lil Nog and Forrest is another one.
shotokansun
3/23/10 10:49:12PM
This illustrates the point so well. Anyone you put him against will make one hell of a matchup. Bones is one hell of a fighter, and whoever his opponent is better come up with a way to avoid his elbows, because they are devastating, just ask Brandon Vera. He is a matchup problem for so many people in the LHW division, I can't wait to see how his career pans out.
sbulldavid
3/23/10 11:13:36PM
Rashad vs Bones would be awesome wouldn't it.
tepid55
3/23/10 11:35:16PM
I wouldn't match him up with Luiz Cane, because I don't think Cane would stand much of a chance against his supreme wrestling skills.
prozacnation1978
3/24/10 1:13:32AM
maybe ryan bader more likely thiago silva or krstystolf
MMA4EVER
3/24/10 1:50:23AM
yeah thats a good point silva and bader r free and those to would be an awesome match for jones id really like to see bones vs silva 4 sure stand up bout and some ones goin to get KTFO
Gogoplatapus
3/24/10 6:49:41PM
DFW says three more fights before he'll see Rashad,Rampage,Machida,Shogun.

Cane would be cool, Thiago Silva, Rich, Randy, Forrest, Nog...three of those guys?

I don't think UFC has any interest in putting Bader v Jones.

Also whoever said KSos is loco, that would end badly, no point.
State_Champ
3/24/10 7:44:58PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

DFW says three more fights before he'll see Rashad,Rampage,Machida,Shogun.

Cane would be cool, Thiago Silva, Rich, Randy, Forrest, Nog...three of those guys?

I don't think UFC has any interest in putting Bader v Jones.

Also whoever said KSos is loco, that would end badly, no point.

beating three of those guys to get to a title seems like a lot.....but i suppose there is an awfully long line of potential champions for that belt.....
the_01
3/25/10 11:55:18PM
I think he'd whip Machida if he fought him now. The guy will be the Champion, just wait and see. He is the American version of Anderson Silva.
king_katool
3/26/10 12:54:43AM
the point isnt how many people he's beaten, DW wants him to grow as a fighter before he throws him in the title contention, the guy is like 22, he'll probly be champ by 24, thats scary, just give him time, let him fight some bottom top ten guys for the next year or so, then throw him top 5, gotta remember he is soooo young
anomoly
3/27/10 3:51:16PM
Bader/Krystoph/Nog even James Irvin i think would be a great logical step

if he dominates (and he will) then real competition

R. Couture/Franklin/ThiagoSilva/Jardin

and then title shot level

Rampage/Rashad/Shogun/Machida

and then an actual title shot....

Of course depending on who and the level of domination displayed you may skip a step at any point
TOMMYAYO05
3/28/10 6:40:43AM

Posted by TheBestEVER

I need to just let the shock past.........................ok i can think again.ANDERSON???as in silva??lmao Well bold statement but logical opponets

Forrest
Thiago......Both good fighters but not top tier as of now so i think it would be a kick up from the truth.
deezyo
3/28/10 1:38:26PM
thiago silva or luiz cane