John Fitch vs Karo Parisyian for title shot, after GSP gets his chance

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » John Fitch vs Karo Parisyian for title shot, after GSP gets his chance
ufc88
9/23/07 1:26:55PM
it is a known fight that once the hughes serra fight is over GSP has an automatic title shot in the new year... the winner of that fight (hopefully GSP) should fight the winner of KARO and FITCH in a #1 contender fight.. anyone agree?
i think karo and fitch both deserve it and after december when we know who GSP is going to be fighting for the titile.. i think the winner of karo and fitch should fight the winner of that
cmill21
9/23/07 1:31:19PM
I guess so. Just pisses me off that guys like fitch has to go through such hell to get a shot and all hughes had to do was win a decision against chris lytle.
DJDark41
9/23/07 1:56:29PM

Posted by cmill21

I guess so. Just pisses me off that guys like fitch has to go through such hell to get a shot and all hughes had to do was win a decision against chris lytle.

Agreed. It seems like the UFC is more concerned about ratings(I'm sure that GSP vs Matt Hughes 3 will draw alot more people then Jon Fitch vs Matt Serra)then making the right fights. Karo vs Fitch would be a great fight, and I would love to see either of them fight GSP, and eventually fight for the belt.
Taylor8766
9/23/07 2:08:02PM

Posted by cmill21

I agree but Matt Hughes had to go through alot of fights early in his career to get the title and now he's one of the top ranked guys, the same with GSP over Koscheck.
MALICE
9/23/07 3:28:58PM
What if, I'm saying what if, Hughes wins, then defends against GSP? Should it go, Fitch vs Karo, for the title shot. Then GSP vs Koscheck for the next title shot.
cmill21
9/23/07 3:37:05PM
Hughes won't beat GSP.
DevonFoxy
9/23/07 6:51:47PM
i really think the UFC dropped the ball on the Welter weight division. The division is so stacked and taking away the champion until December was pretty crazy. We could have seen Hughes Serra already and prolly have had GSP vs Hughes coming in a month. I think Fitch should fight GSP then the winner of that fight should be facing Hughes or Serra. But Fitch has done so much already and GSP has chosen to "wait out the winner". I think Kos should be thrown into the mix to however even though he did loose to gsp id like to see him fight Karo. Fitch vs Karo is the only logic choice but Kos vs Karo would make sense also then the winner faces Fitch. I just don't see Fitch fighting Kos as they have tremendous respect for each other and fight from the same camp. Its a crazy division right now.
MMAnomale
9/24/07 11:42:13AM
I completely agree with this. Although I hope Serra beats Hughes, he probably won't (of course that's what we all said about him vs. GSP). But, GSP should definately get the winner.
And then, the winner of Fitch/Karo should get the next shot, DEFINATELY. I think Karo can take fitch. Although Karo lost to Diego and Fitch beat Diego, different fighters react and fight differently against other fighters. They're both brawlers and I'd like to see Karo win. I love watching Karo fight. He's a brawler. Yes, he's an arrogant a**-hole and redefines the word cockiness, he's still fun to watch. He was fighting grown men when he was just a young 14 year old. He's not scared to get in there and fight anybody. Fitch may just get in there and knock him out. If not, GSP certainly will, whether it's Fitch or Karo.
I just hate waiting all this time just for the damn Hughes/Serra fight to happen.
babytater03
9/24/07 12:43:20PM
Hell i'd say put them on the same card as Hughes v. Serra. Just settle everything right there and get this GSP fight going.

GSP all the way baby!
JWils
9/24/07 3:49:54PM

Posted by cmill21

If Serra wouldn't have defeated GSP, no one would have had a problem with Hughes/GSP 3 so I don't get why people are so worked up about Hughes getting another shot so quickly.

Hughes has been one of, if not the best, UFC fighter of all time. He has went through "the gaunlet" to earn that respect. Just like Fitch is doing now. He'll get his chance. He's to good not to make it to the top. Fitch is a stud.

IMO, Fitch would be to aggresive and have to much cardio for Karo.
MALICE
9/24/07 4:07:39PM
Fitch was to strong for Diego, Diego was to strong for Karo, So Fitch will probably be way stronger than Karo.
BigEvil
9/24/07 4:45:46PM
Karo should get the shot without a fight and Fitch probably should too, I just think Karo should go first he's been waiting. Of course with the UFC's stupid shceduling of the new utimate fighter both of them have to wait way too long which makes a fight invetible whether its agains eachother or not.
CwB
9/25/07 5:23:31AM
gsp deserves his shot
karo deserves his shot though i would like to see him win more fight before getting a shot
fitch deserves a shot
and hughes deserves his shot

way to many number one contenders

i agree that the only logical way to settle all this is to have
hughes vs serra december
fitch vs karo december

champ vs gsp in march

champ vs fitch/karo late may early june

NOW onto other contenders top ten contenders

kos vs mach sakurai (i know i am dreaming)
diego vs burkman
both of thes fights in jan.

winner vs winner in late may early june

winner getting the next title shot against whoever champ is

there i just mapped out the next year almost for ww division
except i forgot to put in former champs in march and late may early june fights for contendership
NatedawgThaM
9/25/07 5:43:17AM
I think at that upcoming Canada UFC card it should be Fitch vs. GSP in a #1 contendership bout. Yeah GSP dominated KOS which was obvious but he would have a real hard time with Fitch because Fitch could possibly be the BEST at 170 and I am not a believer in all the GSP hype that makes him somehow "#1 pound for pound"....

I wanna see GSP vs. Fitch

Then Kos vs. Karo...

They both have improved there striking and Kos's wrestling is just as good as Deigo so Kos wrestling vs Karo's judo would be just as great!!!!