John Cholish out of UFC on FOX 5, replacement search underway for Yves Edwards

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » John Cholish out of UFC on FOX 5, replacement search underway for Yves Edwards
Budgellism
11/23/12 6:40:00PM
Yves Edwards (41-18-1 MMA, 9-6 UFC) needs a new opponent for UFC on FOX 5.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed with event sources that his original opponent, lightweight John Cholish (8-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC), was forced off the card with a groin injury.

Officials are now searching for a replacement for the Dec. 8 card.

UFC on FOX 5 takes place at Seattle's KeyArena. The main card airs on FOX following prelims on FX and Facebook, and Edwards vs. Cholish were expected to air on the night's FX broadcast.

LINK
DrivenDavies15
11/23/12 6:58:55PM
Probably going to be hard to find an opponent that can make weight because of thanksgiving and what not. Hopefully they do, but wouldn't be surprised if the whole fight got scrapped Is Jeremy Stephens out of jail? If that's all worked out maybe they can put him in there.
BuffaloDave
11/23/12 7:07:09PM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

Probably going to be hard to find an opponent that can make weight because of thanksgiving and what not. Hopefully they do, but wouldn't be surprised if the whole fight got scrapped Is Jeremy Stephens out of jail? If that's all worked out maybe they can put him in there.

Yeah, he was out like 2 weeks later. Would make sense, to reach out to Stephens to see if he wants to step in.
Twenty20Dollars
11/23/12 7:24:14PM
Gotta keep up the quota of one injury a week.
prozacnation1978
11/23/12 7:35:21PM
I don't see why Jeremy wouldn't take the fight
kopower
11/23/12 9:30:46PM
Yves just can't catch a break.
JLS1980
11/23/12 9:32:26PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Exactly. They where suppose to fight already and I think Stephens vs Edwards would be a better fight than Edwards vs Cholish.
Budgellism
11/24/12 12:05:28AM

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by prozacnation1978

Exactly. They where suppose to fight already and I think Stephens vs Edwards would be a better fight than Edwards vs Cholish.

It worked out that way in the end