joey scirola

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » joey scirola
MFOTHER
9/4/08 4:39:18PM
anyone remember this dude from the serra/hughes tuf?

i have a random question...serra said joey wouldnt have a job if he left the competition. I feel like matt is a straight up kind a guy, and just wondering if anyone studies at serra jitz, or knows anyone there to confirm or deny if he still teaches there.

kind of a who gives a shit question, but im bored and watching the episode, and just kida curious

i could se him still working there, he was matts bestman.
juanez13
9/4/08 4:43:57PM
Its Scorola, and last I heard he opened a gym of his own, so i take he isnt with Serra anymore. There was a youtube video of he saying he was opening his own gym, dont remember where the video is.
dannyfrank
9/4/08 4:47:31PM
scorola gym: learn how to quit like a champion!
grappler0000
9/4/08 4:50:56PM
I remember in an interview a while back, Serra confirmed that he had let him go.
Rush
9/4/08 5:09:03PM

Posted by juanez13

Its Scorola, and last I heard he opened a gym of his own, so i take he isnt with Serra anymore. There was a youtube video of he saying he was opening his own gym, dont remember where the video is.

Maybe the person who was supposed to film it didn't show up.

scoozna
9/4/08 5:10:40PM
jiujitsufreak74
9/4/08 6:06:18PM
he did in fact open up a gym, it's 50 minutes away from my house. i actually went down there to see if he was there and sure enough he was. as soon as i saw him i tried so hard not to but i couldn't help myself. he came over to me and asked if i was interested in joining and i just played a long and said i would sit in on his class to see if it was for me. well i have to tell you guys, he actually isn't a bad teacher. he does know what he is talking about and he explains everything very precisely. i mean don't get me wrong i still think of him as that guy who pussed out on Serra but i mean the guy is a pretty good teacher.
JimiMak
9/4/08 7:27:04PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

he did in fact open up a gym, it's 50 minutes away from my house. i actually went down there to see if he was there and sure enough he was. as soon as i saw him i tried so hard not to but i couldn't help myself. he came over to me and asked if i was interested in joining and i just played a long and said i would sit in on his class to see if it was for me. well i have to tell you guys, he actually isn't a bad teacher. he does know what he is talking about and he explains everything very precisely. i mean don't get me wrong i still think of him as that guy who pussed out on Serra but i mean the guy is a pretty good teacher.

I'm not surprised, I figure he must be a good teacher to have had the position he did at Serra Jitz, and not all great teachers are great fighters and vice versa.
postman
9/4/08 11:41:38PM
The more I think about it I kinda feel bad for the guy Hethought his girl was a whore but still liked her that can get in any guys head then he loses the first fight and has to sit around and teach would eat away at ya. now he should have considered this in the first place but he didn't oh well.