Can joey scarola be good in mma (No Haters)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Can joey scarola be good in mma (No Haters)
komodo20
12/17/08 9:25:55PM
He should be fighting soon i think he can do really good and he would of won the whole show.If joey fights Mac Danzig one more time scarola would win joey scarola has some of the best bjj in the world but it is crazy to say that he would'nt do good joey can be a top WW maybe if he does good in some of his fights he can come back in the UFC.
grappler0000
12/17/08 9:35:45PM

Posted by komodo20

He should be fighting soon i think he can do really good and he would of won the whole show.If joey fights Mac Danzig one more time scarola would win joey scarola has some of the best bjj in the world but it is crazy to say that he would'nt do good joey can be a top WW maybe if he does good in some of his fights he can come back in the UFC.

It's a little tough for me to believe that he would beat Mac in a second match, since he got tooled in the first. And I don't think we'll ever know whether he could be a top WW, since that's a division that the UFC has the majority of the top talent...and I don't see him getting an invite any time soon.
Jackelope
12/17/08 9:49:16PM
Nope- mentally weak

edit: I see that you're probably a big fan, so I'll explain what I mean.

I really think to be great in MMA, and from what experience shows, you have to be mentally strong. IMO he didn't show mental toughness on the show. He embarassed himself, as sad as it is to say. There are several cases where guys have all the talent in the world, but they just can't put it all together on the big stage. So, it's not knocking on guys like that, it's just a fact. It's probably pretty hard when you're under all that camera pressure.

If for some reason he did turn around that portion of his mindset, who knows? I feel that people can only be as great as they allow themselves to be. So in that regard- should he find that niche, he could be amazing.
Mayhem13
12/17/08 10:02:46PM
he seems somewhat skilled, and Serra spoke highly of his Ju Jitsu abilities...but you cant teach heart, and that is what is noticably missing from his game.
Aaronno9
12/17/08 10:18:54PM
Just out of curiosity, are you Joey Scarola by any chance?

In answer to your question, no. Jackelope hits the nail on the head. Hes a mental midget, as his buddy Matt Serra would put it. I think he could make a living fighting on smalls shows, but if he comes back to the ufc he'd have no success. Danzig would absolutely school him. This is mma, not a BJJ tournament.
JoeySteel
12/17/08 10:56:38PM
really?

hmmm. Oh your from LI, do you know know him. Cause it is more than a bit disconcerting that you assert Joey Scarola as one of the best BJJ in the world. How do you claim that? Is he a world champ? What BJJ tournaments has he fought in?

really? This is an offensive post.
breakdown5
12/17/08 11:10:29PM

Posted by Aaronno9

I was thinking the exact same thing.
Wallass
12/18/08 9:32:11AM
His fight with Danzig was not very impressive for Joe. He quit on himself as soon as the fight was announced. With a change to his confidence I can see him being successful.
scoozna
12/18/08 11:12:47AM
Sure he could be good. So could Andy Wang. He created some significant hurdles though, in the eyes of the UFC (and in public opinion).
BigEvil
12/18/08 3:31:02PM
OP,
Do you think he could beat Serra in a MMA fight? If not then I'd say he has close to 0 chance of being an elite WW.
mrkennedy
12/18/08 6:58:45PM

Posted by Aaronno9

In answer to your question, no. Jackelope hits the nail on the head. Hes a mental midget, as his buddy Matt Serra would put it. I think he could make a living fighting on smalls shows, but if he comes back to the ufc he'd have no success. Danzig would absolutely school him. This is mma, not a BJJ tournament.

Tailgunner
12/19/08 1:46:51AM
This is funny......Scaredola will NEVER EVER fight in the UFC according to Dana White!! Didn't you watch the TUF episode where Dana told him that? Joey Scaredola is done!!!
MikeyG
12/19/08 3:01:03AM
The only person who knows if hes good enough is himself, and you have to have the heart and all around skills to do well, which he didnt show too much of on the show. You need that burnin' fire inside a true warrior or you wont get anywhere or anything except peanuts.

That is all
higdon10
12/19/08 3:20:31PM

Posted by komodo20
scarola has some of the best bjj in the world