Joey Beltran Wins His 205 lb Debut

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Joey Beltran Wins His 205 lb Debut
Playground_Samurai
4/30/12 1:04:32AM
Former UFC heavyweight Joey “The Mexicutioner” Beltran defeated Anton Talamantes in his light heavyweight debut under the C3 fight promotion in Oklahoma.

After a dominant three-round performance that saw “The Mexicutioner” throw everything but the kitchen sink at his opponent, including a brutal head kick, he walked away with a unanimous decision victory to get his career back on track and bring a new threat to the 205 pound division.

Yesterday, Beltran weighed in at 203, a huge transformation and step forward in his career.

Link
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Twenty20Dollars
4/30/12 1:07:18AM
Looks much more fit at LHW, than at HW.

Chael_Sonnen
4/30/12 1:09:59AM
He could probably make 185.
Budgellism
4/30/12 1:24:45AM
Love it! Hopefully he can put a run together and try his luck in the UFC at a new weight class.
grappler0000
4/30/12 1:32:28AM
Wow, he's in great shape.
Poor_Franklin
4/30/12 4:06:12AM

Posted by Budgellism

Love it! Hopefully he can put a run together and try his luck in the UFC at a new weight class.

shaneTpain
4/30/12 6:02:17AM
Wow Beltrans a whole new man. Bring em back Dana!
airkerma
4/30/12 9:54:46AM
Beltran vs Big Country at 205
kopower
4/30/12 10:41:24AM
Joey looks amazing. Happy he had a successful debut.
DrivenDavies15
4/30/12 11:37:30AM
Happy for him! It's hard to see him being back in the UFC though. Bellator needs some LHW's if im not mistaken, he could deffs make a run there!
Franklinfan47
4/30/12 5:46:32PM
Why didnt he do this while he was still in the UFC? Seems like a no brainer to me. Same with Yvel.
postman
5/1/12 7:15:46AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Why didnt he do this while he was still in the UFC? Seems like a no brainer to me. Same with Yvel.

Joey @lhw in the UFC? 205 is a shark tank I don't see many wins for him.
Poor_Franklin
5/1/12 2:39:41PM

Posted by postman

Posted by Franklinfan47

why wouldnt you want to let these 2 sharks in the shark tank?
postman
5/1/12 7:12:17PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by postman

Posted by Franklinfan47

Cause their not Sharks? Barracuda? (misspelled)
Franklinfan47
5/1/12 9:48:16PM

Posted by postman

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by postman

Posted by Franklinfan47

The way I look at it, cant be any worse than the beatings they were getting at heavyweight.
postman
5/2/12 10:17:08AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by postman

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by postman

Posted by Franklinfan47

The way I look at it, cant be any worse than the beatings they were getting at heavyweight.

Man I don't know. I think I would take my chances at HW they might be stronger but they sure as hell are nowhere near as athletic. I don't know. I feel like everyone thinks a middle of the road fighters answer is to drop weight and he will be a better fighter very few guys have that work for them. The lower weights it makes a little more sense but Its seems to me between HW and LHW its a awful idea. You move from being the smaller "quicker fighter" who might give up some power to a weight that your not going to be any stronger and your going to be slower.