Joey Beltran wants to fight at UFC 157 in Anaheim, calls out Forrest Griffin

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Joey Beltran wants to fight at UFC 157 in Anaheim, calls out Forrest Griffin
sparky
12/21/12 9:45:29PM
Just days after his latest victory, Joey Beltran is already hoping to hurry up and get back inside the Octagon at UFC 157. And he's got a former champion in mind for his next opponent.

Despite the fact that he competed on the UFC on FX 6: "Sotiropoulos vs. Pearson" card that took place on Fri., Dec. 14, 2012, in Gold Coast, Australia, Joey Beltran is hoping to get back inside the Octagon in just a two months.

"The Mexicutioner" told Bloody Elbow he's hoping to fight at UFC 157: "Rousey vs. Carmouche" on Feb. 23, 2013, in Anaheim, California, and he's got a big name in mind.

"At this point, I don't care who I fight, but I want to be on that Anaheim card in February. I know it's a quick turn around, but I don't have a scratch on me. I'm ready to rock and I want to fight on that show. I'll fight Ronda Rousey right now [laughs]. I would have to go on the website, because I don't even know who's available. Is Maldonado available? I think that would be a great fight. Forrest Griffin, meet me in Anaheim. You heard it here first [laughs]. Meet me in Anaheim, brother! Honestly, I'll have to figure something out. It's only two months away, but I'm ready right now. I'll be ready to rock."

Link
DrivenDavies15
12/21/12 10:21:57PM
I don't agree with that at all. Betran gets one win at LHW in the UFC and is calling out Griffin and Thiago Silva? Sure, they're not as much of contenders as they used to be but they have proven themselves to be much higher competition than Igor Pokrajac. A fight with Maldonado would be perfect for Beltran though, I just don't think he deserves to be in there with those guys just yet.
SmileR
12/21/12 10:50:02PM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

I don't agree with that at all. Betran gets one win at LHW in the UFC and is calling out Griffin and Thiago Silva? Sure, they're not as much of contenders as they used to be but they have proven themselves to be much higher competition than Igor Pokrajac. A fight with Maldonado would be perfect for Beltran though, I just don't think he deserves to be in there with those guys just yet.

He needs a few more wins under his belt before he starts calling out those guys!
TeamDEY
12/21/12 11:35:03PM
Calling out Griffin? Wow. Calling out the worst LHW in the division. What a guy.
Twenty20Dollars
12/21/12 11:55:00PM
Guys just wants to fight, I don't blame him for throwing names out.

Would prefer for him to face another striker like Thiago instead of Griffin, who I don't care to see fight again.
prozacnation1978
12/21/12 11:59:46PM
I doubt he fights at 157
Give him Phil Davis or hamill
jae_1833
12/22/12 12:05:54AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I doubt he fights at 157
Give him Phil Davis or hamill

Thats a big difference between the two......Hamill is way lower ranked/talented.
frizzzlecake
12/22/12 12:22:05AM
Who gives two shit's about ranking let's be real here. UFC doesn't care about rankings, Joe Silva doesn't care about rankings, why should fans care about rankings?

I say let Forrest fight Beltran because it would be a fun fight, maybe even Bonnar vs. Griffin 1 like. Zombie vs. Zombie survival guide writer.
tcunningham
12/22/12 2:15:26AM
i say give him the fight. i think it could be a fun fight to watch, plus it will give us a chance to see what Forrest can still bring to the table.
aussiemma
12/22/12 4:14:42AM
i don't think he will get griffin

beltran vs Hamill sounds very good. Was not impressed at all with hamill's return and beltran would be a good test because he brings it.
MMAcca
12/22/12 8:00:22AM
Bad fight for Forrest at this stage of his career in my opinion. I don't think there's anything wrong with throwing a couple of names around though and why not call out the bigger names in the division, what would people say if he was calling out LHWs nobody had heard of.......

sparky
12/22/12 10:39:47AM
Beltran vs Griffin would be an awesome fight. I have no problem with Joey calling out Forrest it shows he wants a step up in competition and you cant blame a guy for that.
emfleek
12/22/12 12:43:24PM
I love me some Mexicutioner. I think Forrest/Beltran would be fun to watch. Especially if Forrest gets battered, cut, bloodied, humiliated and beaten.
tallica62
12/22/12 1:25:49PM
Why would you call out FG? He just tore is MCL and a win over him isn't a big feather in the cap anymore
BuffaloDave
12/22/12 1:52:53PM
I don't think Maldonado has even been cleared yet. But that would be a great fight to watch.
Poor_Franklin
12/22/12 4:27:47PM
def smart for him to call out Forrest. He's guaranteed a lot of extra publicity & probably a spot on the main card against a guy that everyone knows.