Joe Stevenson in World series of poker on ESPN

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Joe Stevenson in World series of poker on ESPN
POLL: Would you watch the World Series of Poker.
Yes 63% (10)
No 0% (0)
Maybe if Joe Stevenson is playing 25% (4)
Probably Not 6% (1)
only if I get a piece of the winnings 0% (0)
Get back to work you have to much time on your hands 6% (1)
www-WeLoan-us
5/18/07 2:26:04PM
I was thinking about sponsoring him for this to get a patch on his shirt or have him wear a weloan.us hat. I dont play poker or watch it does anyone watch it?
Violentcuv
5/18/07 2:29:16PM
Im a poker nut....

I haven't heard that Joe Daddy is playing in the world series of poker....

I'll be watching it anyway, but cant wait to see Joe on there.. There is probably only a small chance he will make tv though... they get rid of about half the players the first day and dont get any tv time....

They usually tell you what celebrities are playing in it, but who knows if they will give MMA there props....
www-WeLoan-us
5/18/07 4:00:23PM
He is a real poker fanatic..All he does in his spare time is play poker . He just won second place in a charity event , but its a different ballgame when its the WSOP..thanks for the tip..I would be pretty pissed if it wasnt telavised..
rcg916
5/18/07 4:54:31PM
they are expecting between 6,000 and 8,000 entrants this year in the Main Event... Nobody besides pros and names from the last couple years will get any time, but Joe, being a semi-celebrity would probably get a shot...

Too bad advertising isnt allowed anymore. Players can no longer wear anything that shows a companies name on it in any way.

www-WeLoan-us
5/18/07 5:52:29PM
I think for athletes it is ok if they are a sponsor..per his manager and ESPN I could be wrong though
Mastodon2
5/18/07 6:40:22PM
Id watch if Joe was playing.

I find Poker on tv diabolically boring. I just dont see the point. Yeah with MMA, Football, baseball, racing etc it makes sense, cause you just cant go out and play those sports on a whim if you feel like it, but anyone can play poker. I dont understand why people watch poker, instead of just playing it themselves...

I do like a good game of poker, I dont play that often and never for anything other than petty change, but its a good night with the guys
Svartorm
5/18/07 8:03:21PM
I like watching poker. Its relaxing, and you learn how to play better yourself from watching.
rcg916
5/18/07 8:26:55PM

Posted by www-WeLoan-us

I think for athletes it is ok if they are a sponsor..per his manager and ESPN I could be wrong though

that would be sweet.

They made Shaq cover up a few logos last year, one being his sponsor on his shirt. Id contact the Rio, and get a real answer first. Good luck man.
rameydl8
5/19/07 11:14:37AM
ill be watching it for sure
Dadaman
5/19/07 5:23:21PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Id watch if Joe was playing.

I find Poker on tv diabolically boring. I just dont see the point. Yeah with MMA, Football, baseball, racing etc it makes sense, cause you just cant go out and play those sports on a whim if you feel like it, but anyone can play poker. I dont understand why people watch poker, instead of just playing it themselves...

I do like a good game of poker, I dont play that often and never for anything other than petty change, but its a good night with the guys

The truth. Although I can see how it can help you improve your own game. I just couldn't ever sit there and just watch it casually.
Trapt1nw0nder
5/19/07 6:44:27PM

Posted by Svartorm

I like watching poker. Its relaxing, and you learn how to play better yourself from watching.

True....Poker is relaxing and great to watch...it sure has made me a better player!

I've won like $6,000 in the past year playing online poker,and have been saving it all up here in cash....i actually have all $6k in cash in my hiding spot here at home and like $600 in my Pokerstars account that i use to play daily...it's my Job

belive it or not,all this started out with $1 as i explained on this other thread earlier..and no...i am no Marlon Simshttp://www.mmaplayground.com/forums/topic5137-1.html