Joe Stevenson motivated to defeat Kenny Florian at UFC 91 thanks to BJ Penn loss

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Joe Stevenson motivated to defeat Kenny Florian at UFC 91 thanks to BJ Penn loss
MMAcca
11/7/08 1:12:59PM
“I still think about [the loss to BJ Penn]. I have to. It’s what keep me motivated and makes me train harder. If we don’t remember our past, we can’t go forward. I have a Hawaiian wife man. She brings it up every time we argue…. I’m fighting to be a champion. I want that belt; there is no other reason. I’ve fought for free and I’ll probably fight for free before I die again, but I’m going to bring it.”

LINK
bayonetxwork
11/7/08 1:44:22PM
damn, his wife is taking low blows straight up haha
gravy13
11/7/08 3:33:04PM
I have a feeling Kenny's elbows are going to make this an extremely bloody fight. Florian by 3rd round TKO.
Kpro
11/7/08 7:13:26PM
Anyone else click this wondering when BJ Penn lost?
Twenty20Dollars
11/7/08 8:47:04PM

Posted by Kpro

Anyone else click this wondering when BJ Penn lost?

No, it may be worded funny but I didnt think Penn lost.

But I really hope stevenson wins this fight and by a submission. Should be a good fight.
Bobby-B-Bonkers
11/8/08 5:13:34AM
Kenflo all the way. They have both lost to champs in the past. However, I think Kenny has IMPROVED after the loss and Joe has NOT.

Kenny looked GREAT in the fight against Roger Huerta.

Joe looked like he was on his way to losing a decision to G. Tibau back at UFC 86.

I see Kenny winning this fight the same way he won the Huerta fight - sticking and moving. If he does wind up on the bottom, I'm not too worried. I never saw Joe end a fight from being on top while on the ground, but I have seen Kenflo throw WIKED elbows from the bottom. Kenny should want to sprawl and brawl AND stick and move.

Kenflo by unanimous decision
Lockfrow
11/8/08 10:27:31PM
Joe will take this one, if he doesent he will need a divorce.
Bobby-B-Bonkers
11/9/08 6:05:29AM
make that....."ANOTHER" divorce.... for being a "younger" fighter, i think Joe has got more kids and ex-wives than half of the entire Extreme Couture roster.
haggiswashere
11/9/08 6:08:27AM

Posted by bayonetxwork

damn, his wife is taking low blows straight up haha

lol aren't those the only kind women know?