Joe Stevenson vs. Mac Danzig in the future???

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Joe Stevenson vs. Mac Danzig in the future???
nickcuc547
3/1/09 5:23:36PM
An upcoming Joe Stevenson vs. Mac Danzig matchup was reported by Mauro Renallo during the PPV broadcast of XMMA 7 this weekend. No specific UFC event was mentioned. Mauro called it a "loser leaves town" match.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/
theguido
3/1/09 5:32:39PM
Sound like a great fight IMO never really thought about it
higdon10
3/1/09 5:34:27PM
I called this one. This fight makes sense, even though the loser leaves town statment may not be true.
fizzle
3/1/09 5:51:52PM

Posted by higdon10

This fight makes sense, even though the loser leaves town statement may not be true.

I agree higdon10, This fight makes a lot of sense, and I doubt this is a "loser leaves town" fight on the basis that both fighters are still extremely marketable and draw more revenue than more talented relatively unknowns.
cmb19932
3/1/09 6:37:56PM
stevenson needs this step down in compation
Pookie
3/1/09 6:47:22PM
Stevenson has spent most of his career fighting against fighters with a reach advantage on him. Danzig has t-rex arms.

I give the stand-up edge to stevenson
theguido
3/1/09 6:49:02PM

Posted by cmb19932

stevenson needs this step down in compation

100% He's been facing top comp for over a year straight now let him start at the middle and work his way up again.
motorboatensob
3/1/09 6:53:14PM
I don't know about the loser leaves town thing I think it could be just that. If these two can't beat each other then they need to move on. They both have been tried against top fighters and have both lost. Unless they are both going to be kept around to test new up and coming fights then it is what it is. Loser leaves town you can't lose three in a row any more much less four in a row.
lohmann
3/1/09 7:30:55PM
Could lead to, potentially, the first TUF winner ever being cut, Lutter not being relevant. I could see them keeping Stevenson if he loses this, because his losses over the course of the last year or two have been to arguably three of the four best lightweights, but if Danzig loses I don't see any viable options for him in the UFC.

This might be a good fight, but I don't really care about it at all.
GSPCanada
3/1/09 7:38:40PM
this makes no sense, ive never seen a tuf winner get such difficult fights to start their career in terms of danzig, bocek wasnt much but look who they have followed it with, build danzig up like you did everyone else, and stevenson needs a step down in competition i agree but put em againt a guy on win streak maybe lauzon.
chitownsfinest15
3/1/09 7:40:40PM
loser leaves town i doubt will happen....dana can market joe for almost any fight...and i also agree that joe needs to step down a rung on the ladder...hes been facing top competition for the last year...diego, BJ, Kenny thats a tough road for 3 straight fights...
cloud301336
3/1/09 7:42:01PM
i say steveson wins this one, it seems that danzig always cracks under pressure
lohmann
3/1/09 7:56:13PM

Posted by chitownsfinest15

loser leaves town i doubt will happen....dana can market joe for almost any fight...and i also agree that joe needs to step down a rung on the ladder...hes been facing top competition for the last year...diego, BJ, Kenny thats a tough road for 3 straight fights...

Don't forget the disappointing performance Stevenson put in against Tibau.
prozacnation1978
3/1/09 8:08:23PM
i doubt it will be loser leaves town match might be tuf main event or maybe on may card or ufc 100 i like the match up stevenson by guillotine
Boo_Radley21
3/1/09 8:12:21PM
Stevenson is gonna wreck Danzig. I can't wait.
jakeiceman
3/2/09 12:19:36AM

Posted by motorboatensob

If these two can't beat each other then they need to move on.

"Two men enter the octagon but only.......two will leave as the winner"

Sorry maybe I'm the only one that thought that sounded strange.
Pookie
3/2/09 12:32:19AM

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by motorboatensob

Youre right, its nonsensical.
jakeiceman
3/2/09 1:09:01AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by motorboatensob

Youre right, its nonsensical.

Ha ha thanks I was not sure. I know what he meant to say it just sounded funny. Then again I'm kinda slow so maybe its perfectly fine.
CwB
3/2/09 5:45:29AM
I would Like to see the loser go to the WEC...
whardin19
3/2/09 7:20:53AM
Good fight if it happens. But I'd definetally put my money on Joe Daddy here. Mac Danzig has dissapointed me since his winning of the TUF show. Daddy takes this fight with a guilletine.
BenitoSanchez
3/23/09 12:24:54PM
Joe is a cool guy.