JOE STEVENSON VS DIEGO SANCHEZ HEADLINES UFC 95

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » JOE STEVENSON VS DIEGO SANCHEZ HEADLINES UFC 95
Wolfenstein
12/28/08 8:28:35PM
UFC president Dana White, at the UFC 92 post-fight press conference on Saturday night, confirmed a previously rumored lightweight bout between Joe "Daddy" Stevenson and new 155-pounder Diego Sanchez for UFC 95 in London, England.

link
Wallass
12/28/08 8:33:16PM
I hope this is a Co Main event cause I doubt I will pay money to see this one with a weak undercard.
prozacnation1978
12/29/08 1:29:34AM
i knew it wonder what co main event will be then
ChokeUout
12/29/08 3:12:12AM
This is unfortunate...

Not because it's a bad fight. It's a pretty damn good fight, would be perfect as a co-main event in any event, or a main event for a fight night. But I think a main event of an event should either have a title fight, a #1 Contender fight, or a fight with title implications. The winner of this fight will still be at least two wins away from a title shot.

I kinda feel bad for the UK fans. Yeah, the UK got Jackson/Henderson and Penn/Stevenson, but with the Recent trend of Popular TUF alumni fighting each other for main event the last two time the UFC went to england, I'm sure the UK fans are bummed.

Kinda makes me glad I live in the Midwest, where they put on better cards when they actually come here. The 2 Events I went to Had GSP/Fitch (87) and Couture/Sylvia (68) as the Main Events, nothing to complain about. I feel kinda spoiled, so I hope they beef up future England cards to be fair.
xphycorx
12/29/08 3:15:48AM
this will be very weird for me. joe daddy and the nightmare are my 2 fav fighters. i don't know who i'm picking for this one, but i'm leaning toward sanchez..
tomp6581
12/29/08 5:01:53AM
I've spent £200 on tickts for this event. This is bullshit.

I like both fighters dont get me wrong....but this isnt a main event. They could have at least given us a former champion to watch. This wouldnt headline a UFC in america, so why should it headline one in the UK?

It better have other good fighters featurung.

Just look at the dublin event, they have Hendo, Franklin & Shogun on the card. Luckily im going to that.
ziegler3334
12/29/08 9:54:52AM
This is kinda weak as a main event. It makes me think that UFC 95 will be on spike. That might not be that fair to the england fans, but a lot of american fans dont like paying for something that isn't live. I hope it ends up on spike. If it somehow does not, they have to add another main event. Either way it works for me. Snachez Stevenson will be an exciting fight with a lot on the line. Winner stays fighting top ranked guys, loser will have a lot of work to do.

This is also a tough call as to who to pick.
As on now, i like sanchez UD. I think he'll be able to outwork joedaddy but wont finish him.
PABLOMAFIOSO
12/29/08 1:27:36PM
This is definately a poor main event considering there were rumors of Anderson Silva headlining in the beginning. Even Liddell vs. Anyone would make a better main event. Bad call Joe Silva!