Joe Son may have killed his cellmate yesterday

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Joe Son may have killed his cellmate yesterday
ncordless
10/11/11 3:56:11PM
link

There is a rumor going round this morning that Joe Son killed his cellmate yesterday after being assaulted several times for being a rapist. This isn't all the way confirmed yet, but should be confirmed or denied by the end of the day.

prophecy033
10/11/11 4:55:03PM
So the guy that died failed to register as a sex offender? Wouldn't that mean he was either a Rapist himself, a child molester, or something along those lines? And he was going after Son because he was a rapist? What? My only regret is Son is still breathing
grappler0000
10/11/11 5:05:20PM
Looks like there was an update:

Officials from Wasco State Prison-Reception Center (WSP-RC) and the Kern County District Attorney’s Office are investigating the death of an inmate as a homicide. The inmate, whose name is being withheld pending notification of his next of kin, was found dead in his cell about 5:50 p.m. October 10, 2011.

The 50-year-old inmate was received at WSP-RC from San Luis Obispo County on June 23, 2011, as a parole violator with a new term for failure to register as a sex offender. He received a 2-year sentence.

Joseph Son, 40, has been identified as a suspect in the case. Son was received at WSP-RC from Orange County on September 16, 2011, on a life sentence with the possibility of parole for torture.

warglory
10/11/11 5:14:52PM

Posted by prophecy033

So the guy that died failed to register as a sex offender? Wouldn't that mean he was either a Rapist himself, a child molester, or something along those lines? And he was going after Son because he was a rapist? What? My only regret is Son is still breathing

Technically urinating in public can get you on a sex offender list, so he could have been required to register for any number of lesser crimes.
Kpro
10/11/11 5:16:30PM
Joe Son 0-4
Loss Jukei Nakajima TKO (Shoulder Injury)
Loss Joe Moreira Submission (Terror)
Loss Yusuke Imamura Submission (Elbow Injury)
Loss Keith Hackney Submission (Choke)

Can a man previously Submitted via Terror be capable of this?
grappler0000
10/11/11 5:25:09PM
Death by flying shoe?
Kpro
10/11/11 5:45:49PM

Posted by grappler0000

Death by flying shoe?

shaneTpain
10/11/11 6:13:47PM
thats bucked up
prophecy033
10/11/11 7:09:51PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by prophecy033

Technically urinating in public can get you on a sex offender list, so he could have been required to register for any number of lesser crimes.

I highly doubt that's the case here but I get what your saying
KungFuMaster
10/11/11 8:19:51PM
The warden should just let these guys go at it. It would solve a lot of my state's economic issues. Don't worry about Joe Son. Some inmate is planning his death as we speak.

On a serious note, the prison system is the most failed system in all of Law Enforcement. For the most part, the police system do their job to bring in the criminals to face justice and the judicial system do their job to convict the criminals. The prison system, on the other hand, ends up creating repeat and more violent offenders.

ghandikush
10/11/11 9:49:22PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

The warden should just let these guys go at it. It would solve a lot of my state's economic issues. Don't worry about Joe Son. Some inmate is planning his death as we speak.

On a serious note, the prison system is the most failed system in all of Law Enforcement. For the most part, the police system do their job to bring in the criminals to face justice and the judicial system do their job to convict the criminals. The prison system, on the other hand, ends up creating repeat and more violent offenders.

A lot of people are predispoitioned to crime by genetics etc. Not to mention the ones who are drug offenders getting caught with personal use and getting plenty of time to harden and get their psychies fucked.
Kpro
10/11/11 9:54:24PM

Posted by ghandikush

Not to mention the ones who are drug offenders getting caught with personal use and getting plenty of time to harden and get their psychies fucked.

I agree on that. Why try and treat someones problem? Just toss em in jail with no attempt at treatment or counseling and they'll come out with the same problem `and` a chip on their shoulder. That's how we operate.
ghandikush
10/11/11 10:13:28PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by ghandikush

Not to mention the ones who are drug offenders getting caught with personal use and getting plenty of time to harden and get their psychies fucked.

I agree on that. Why try and treat someones problem? Just toss em in jail with no attempt at treatment or counseling and they'll come out with the same problem `and` a chip on their shoulder. That's how we operate.

And then they can work at mcdonalds. Some places fellons cant work in hospitals etc no matter what, I knew a guy who was dealing drugs and ended up beating this person up badly for cheating with his girlfriend. The guy went to prison for 5 years, got out at age 24 and went to college.

He worked his ass off and got amazing grades trying to turn his life around. A semester away from graduation he was told that he could no longer get a male nurse position because convicted felons could no longer work in hospitals.

He now resides in a prison cell on drug distribution charges.
Kpro
10/11/11 10:23:58PM
On the Joe Son topic. Why do they have someone serving a life sentence as cellmate with a guy doing 2 years for failing to register?

One guy probably doesn't care anymore, and the other guy can count the days until he's free.

They should have cellmates with more equivalent time remaining so if a lifer does this, it's to another lifer. Doesn't make sense.
KungFuMaster
10/11/11 11:42:15PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by KungFuMaster

A lot of people are predispoitioned to crime by genetics etc. Not to mention the ones who are drug offenders getting caught with personal use and getting plenty of time to harden and get their psychies fucked.

It is the accepted believe among folks within the fields of criminology, sociology, and psychology that genetics can be a predictor of crime. While this is accepted, many believe environmental pressures are much stronger factors for crime causation.

If you take a brief look at the United States' history, you will notice most or all of all minorities suffer a similar fate by which they ultimately resort to crime. The social pressures of life and the inability to break the bonds of poverty - eventually turn them against themselves. The phenomenon has happened to most minority groups e.g. Irish, Italians, Chinese, Mexicans, Southeast Asians etc.

I am one of those who believe there are sick people who cannot see the consequences of their actions but for the most part, I believe crime as a whole is normal and largely the result of social and environmental restraints.
Aether
10/12/11 9:38:14PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by KungFuMaster

A lot of people are predispoitioned to crime by genetics etc.

Not sure how you make this assertion or what makes you think this is anywhere close to being true.

The percentage of criminals who have some kind of legitimate physiological problem which makes them pre-disposed to crime is minuscule. The only people who can claim "pre-disposition" to criminal activity are people with some kind of serious brain defect like a damaged pre-frontal lobe, paranoid schizophrenics, and other incredibly rare conditions.

Crime is a learned behaviour. Babies generally don't come out of the womb trying to steal shit and kill people, they learn that kind of behaviour over time.