Joe Scarola Chosen for The Ultimate Fighter 6

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Joe Scarola Chosen for The Ultimate Fighter 6
adamsb
6/30/07 12:34:10PM
Matt Serra’s star pupil Joe Scarola (3-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is expected to be a cast member on the upcoming welterweights-only sixth season of The Ultimate Fighter, according to a UFCjunkie.com (www.ufcjunkie.com) source.

Serra and his archrival, former UFC welterweight champion Matt Hughes, will be coaches on the latest installment of the Spike TV reality series. The show is currently in production and is set to debut in September.

If the coaches choose teams as they’ve done in past seasons, don’t be surprised to see Serra secure Scarola with an early pick. After all, Scarola was actually the first student to earn a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Serra.

link
rcg916
6/30/07 12:52:34PM
thanks for this...

WAR SERRA
richieb19
6/30/07 12:59:13PM
Am I the only one who's starting to get a little tired with TUF? I mean don't get me wrong, it's a fun show and it gives plenty of opportunities for up-and-coming fighters... but now they can't even they're going back to old coaches, and whats worse is that they're holding back fights (WW title fight) solely because of the show... it almost seems the show is now more important than the actual UFC events. TUF 1 started in ;05 I believe, and only 2 years later we are on season six. Slow it down!
CornishMMA
6/30/07 3:18:05PM
yeah delaying the WW title shot is just inexcusable, they should really think about slowiing it down to 1 season a year as 2 a year is really bruning it out

By the way id already posted this along with some others + links etc on the main TUF6 thread but yeah sounds like good news
MMAStation
6/30/07 3:45:57PM
delaying the title shot bothers me the most.

They should have serra defend atleast two times this year.

They also need to space out the seasons and maybe only do one a year as I think most people are getting burnt out on it.
ProfessorChaos
6/30/07 4:36:45PM
I don't see what the problem is with having 2 seasons per year as long as it doesn't stall a title fight. Nothing bad about adding more talent to the UFC....the MW division needs to have the next couple of seasons of TUF just to be competetitive with the other weight classes.
R-Bandd
6/30/07 4:44:34PM
Well two out of three ani't bad. Delaying the title shots, and spreading them out bugs me also. Your supposed to want to prove your the best by fighting not hiding out. (I know it was dana's idea not matts) I do however like the seasons coming out one after another so fast. (reality reruns are boring) I also would not mind seeing a TUF that was doubble elem. (just to see more free fights, it would be interesting to see how fighters would respond to coming off of a loss.)

Just my 2 cents
rameydl8
6/30/07 4:53:36PM

Posted by adamsb

Matt Serra’s star pupil Joe Scarola (3-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is expected to be a cast member on the upcoming welterweights-only sixth season of The Ultimate Fighter, according to a UFCjunkie.com (www.ufcjunkie.com) source.

Serra and his archrival, former UFC welterweight champion Matt Hughes, will be coaches on the latest installment of the Spike TV reality series. The show is currently in production and is set to debut in September.

If the coaches choose teams as they’ve done in past seasons, don’t be surprised to see Serra secure Scarola with an early pick. After all, Scarola was actually the first student to earn a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Serra.

link

good post
Tons33
6/30/07 10:17:15PM
I sat with a bunch of the serra guys at cage fury fighting and i heard about this then. Scarola is a beast supposedly and has had a long layoff but is back and coming hard.
J_wieting_9
7/1/07 12:53:06AM
TUF would be better with no coaches but have it like a 16 fighter seeded tourney show the fighters training with the actual fight teams and going though rounds. The episode would be fighter A training fighter B training then Hopefully a good fight then no need to worry about them drinking or fighting in the house.

I train MMA and hopefully will fight in the fall and I know if that i had by the biggest of my career I would want my people training me not people I didn't know who don't know my strengths and weakness.