Joe Rogan vs. Wesley Snipes???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Joe Rogan vs. Wesley Snipes???
POLL: who would win?
Joe Rogan 86% (12)
Wesley Snipes 14% (2)
Trapt1nw0nder
2/13/07 10:14:54AM
a while back i remember when Rumors were in the air that Joe Rogan wanted to fight Wesley Snipes in the octagon...

this hadnt crossed my mind in a while till i saw Wesley Snipes in the crowd at UFC 67..

Do you all think he was there for that reason? so people could bring that subject back up and hype up the fight again so it can happen?

Who would take it? (no Katana's allowed)

hippysmacker
2/13/07 10:29:23AM
I remember hearing this too, in an MMA fight Rogan should destroy him. In a K-1 type fight who know's . Rogan is a 7th degree black belt in Tae-kwon-do and Snipes is 5th degreee black belt in Capoeira. It's a kind of obscure brazilian dancelike martial art. They are both about 5 ft. 9 so no reach advantage as far as I can tell. Snipes has been out of the spotlight and is making straight -to -video movies now, so he might be willing to do something to get himself back in the limelight. I think Snipes in his mid 40's and Rogan in his late 30's but I'm not sure. I think if they do this it better not be part of a PPV, or I'll be pissed. I don't like it when Pride charges me for freakshow matches, and the Gannon fight was plenty for me. I'd watch it as long as I don't have to pay for it. They could do the Tito/Dana boxing match and Snipes/Rogan on Spike and I'd watch then.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/13/07 10:59:02AM
haha..WAR ROGAN!!!

I say Rogan would take it

i wouldnt mind paying for it,but yea i would rather want it free on SpikeTV or as an undercard on a big UFC event

this would be HUGE!!!!
DoTheMMAth
2/13/07 2:49:47PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Who would take it? (no Katana's allowed)

LoL

I think Rogan would take it, but hell who knows. Would be quite entertaining nonetheless. They have done celebrity boxing... so why not celebrity MMA?
Savy
2/13/07 3:06:46PM
I wanna see Al Bundy whoop some ass.
hippysmacker
2/13/07 3:13:12PM

Posted by Savy

I wanna see Al Bundy whoop some ass.

Funny as it is. Some people probably don't know that Ed O'neil( the guy that played Al Bundy) played pro football for the steelers for a couple of years and has been training BJJ under Helio Gracie for a long time.
Savy
2/13/07 5:58:57PM
Doesn't Al Bundy have a black belt Hippy??
jmoooooo
2/13/07 6:02:17PM
Rogan, on top of the aforementioned black belt, also trains BJJ with eddie bravo. id have to give it to rogan in a cage, probably fairly easily too.
hippysmacker
2/13/07 6:22:20PM

Posted by Savy

Doesn't Al Bundy have a black belt Hippy??

I'd have to look it up. I know he had a purple belt when I first heard of it a while back.
jmoooooo
2/13/07 6:50:38PM
i dont think ed o'neil is a black belt.......but lots of celebs train bjj...

nicholas cage, jim carey both train

maynard james keenan (from tool and a perfect circle) is a purple belt under rickson.....
hippysmacker
2/13/07 6:54:42PM

Posted by jmoooooo

maynard james keenan (from tool and a perfect circle) is a purple belt under rickson.....

I'd heard of all but Carey .Maynard RNCed a guy on stage once. Carey looks quadruple jointed or something in his movies and standup. He might pull off some crazy subs.
jmoooooo
2/13/07 7:08:03PM
i think that stage one was a stunt....as he was still singing through the whole thing....

but i think id be scared of him..hes in great shape (saw them live this summer), and being a graduate of west point im sure he has some other combat training as well
Trapt1nw0nder
2/14/07 10:56:17AM
yeah...alot of people train and might be great at it,but its all different in a real fight

if wesley and Joe ever fight i hope its a reg. MMA fight...not just a BJJ fight....i would like to see if Wesley can stand a punch to the face! or even Rogan

its also different from training when nerves are involved and all those Jitters!

waylon_o
2/14/07 11:01:07AM
I knew Bundy trained under Helio...i have the "Gracie Way" book and it has a picture of him with Helio at Helio's 150'th birthday party...I didn't know he played for the Steelers though, that's pretty sweet. I think Rogan would beat the piss out of Wesley Snipes...but seeing that Snipes is about to go to prison for tax evasion, we probably won't see that for at least 3-5 years
waylon_o
2/14/07 11:06:05AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by jmoooooo

I'd heard of all but Carey .Maynard RNCed a guy on stage once. Carey looks quadruple jointed or something in his movies and standup. He might pull off some crazy subs.

Why in the hell did Maynard choke someone on stage? I'm a Tool fan...diehard Tool fans probably get crazy at concerts...if it was a fan, they probably wanted him to do it
ffforgottenx
2/14/07 12:27:04PM
rogan by armbar
haha no but seriously.. i think rogan would have all the tools to take snipes out, with his TKD background and his training/relationship with eddie bravo.. im sure snipes has had some good training with all the movies he has done, but i dont think most of it would be any good to him in the cage where shit isnt choreographed.. i wouldnt count him completely out, but id give rogan the edge in just about every aspect.. it sure would be entertaining to see though
hippysmacker
2/14/07 1:18:26PM
We all know Rogan trains Jit's. Doe anyone know if Snipes train's any ground? If not I'd rather see the K-1 type style. As funny as it would be to see to Snipes get subbed, I don't think he would go into a fight knowing he'll just get taken down and embarrassed. It would be interesting to see him and Rogan throw down.
madmarck
2/14/07 1:41:58PM
In a MMA match Rogan would kill Snipes with his BJJ. Rogan is a brown belt and IMO would just sub Snipes in 20 seconds on the ground. But what i hear about that fight was that is was supposed to be a adjusted rules. If at that who knows. Rogan is a Black belt in TKD but Snipes Pratices Karate, Kung Fu, and Capoeira.
Both seem like they are fair size guys. I think Rogan is at most around 200 and Snipes probably is too. Anyone who thinks Rogan is small watch fear factor and check out his pipes.
I think this would be a fairly entertaining match. On spike tv. Not on PPV though i wouldnt want to waste money on it just in case it became lame.
hippysmacker
2/14/07 1:47:35PM

Posted by madmarck

In a MMA match Rogan would kill Snipes with his BJJ. Rogan is a brown belt and IMO would just sub Snipes in 20 seconds on the ground. But what i hear about that fight was that is was supposed to be a adjusted rules. If at that who knows. Rogan is a Black belt in TKD but Snipes Pratices Karate, Kung Fu, and Capoeira.
Both seem like they are fair size guys. I think Rogan is at most around 200 and Snipes probably is too. Anyone who thinks Rogan is small watch fear factor and check out his pipes.
I think this would be a fairly entertaining match. On spike tv. Not on PPV though i wouldnt want to waste money on it just in case it became lame.

That make sense about the adjusted rules. Kinda like Cro-cop/Wandy's first fight with an actaul outcome would do.
jmoooooo
2/14/07 1:53:44PM

Posted by waylon_o

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by jmoooooo

Why in the hell did Maynard choke someone on stage? I'm a Tool fan...diehard Tool fans probably get crazy at concerts...if it was a fan, they probably wanted him to do it

fan got up on stage and ran at maynard...maynard calmly puts his arm around the guys shoulder and then tosses him to the ground and into a choke...and keeps singing....
ffforgottenx
2/14/07 2:18:33PM

Posted by jmoooooo

Posted by waylon_o

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by jmoooooo

fan got up on stage and ran at maynard...maynard calmly puts his arm around the guys shoulder and then tosses him to the ground and into a choke...and keeps singing....

here you go guys..

maynard chokes fan
Trapt1nw0nder
2/14/07 2:24:15PM
Joe Rogan pic...

here is a pic of rogan i found....looks pretty impressive to me

Rogan "CroCop"
madmarck
2/14/07 4:56:30PM
hahah that pic of rogan is frickin awesome. His eyes are rolled wayyyyyyy back in his head. If this were a MMA fight i think Rogan would win it. He just has so much knowledge and experince over Snipes. K-1 rules might bea good fight. Make the match between them 3- 5 minute rounds. Maybe Allow Clinches and elbows.
Lay_N_Pray
2/14/07 11:48:52PM
I would love to see this fight. It would get max exposure all over normal TV and really give MMA another boost.

I would take Rogan by flying armbar transitioned into a gogopalata and whatever else he could throw in there before the ref breaks it up
Rampage_Soldier
2/15/07 3:29:00AM
Joe Rogan wins by Kimura Submission tapout

can't duck the tax man forever...