Joe Rogan Talked to Heath After Fight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Joe Rogan Talked to Heath After Fight
zephead
1/27/07 8:35:03AM
hippysmacker
1/27/07 6:30:24PM
Date: 01/26/07 06:23 PM
2556 Total Posts Ignore User

I talked to Heath last night after the fight at a restaurant, and he told me he had a torn MCL for that fight. That's why he had that weird stance, and that's why he couldn't explode off his back or sprawl. I told him that I wished that I had known that before the fight because it explains a lot, but he said he didn't want to give any excuses. That's a credit to the way he thinks, but it's not really an excuse as much as it's an explanation. This is taking nothing away from Jake, because I think Jake fought a great fight and displayed some solid skills, but anyone that's seen Heath fight before knows that wasn't him out there.
I know some people thought I was a little harsh in my commentary, and I understand that, but I've got to be honest. It wasn't insulting, it was just exactly how I saw it. Knowing now about the injury, it all makes sense, and i wish I had that info while the fight was going on. I've always been a fan of Heath and the way he fights, so I'm really looking forward to him healing up so we can see him fight up to potential that I know he's capable of. Best wishes and a speedy recovery to Heath.

I'll just paste it for you to save time for people.Makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the link.
Gogoplata
1/27/07 6:59:54PM
If this is true, it explains a hell of a lot. I dogged on Heath a lot right after the fight but if this proves to be the truth, I look forward to seeing him fight 100% healthy.