Joe Rogan's opinions on Fedor and Dana's Bullshit....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Joe Rogan's opinions on Fedor and Dana's Bullshit....
Next Page »
tomp6581
2/8/08 5:32:01AM
Link

Thoughts?
cloppio
2/8/08 6:09:01AM
i say god bless joe rogan. he speaks alot of truth. maybe you agree or not. joe speaks his mind. there is respect in that
Rich78
2/8/08 6:34:49AM

I was at the Q&A session with him befre UFC 80, and although he wouldn't be stupid enough to blatantly badmouth the UFC, his answers and opinions he expressed were obviously those of an MMA fan, rather than just towing the party line of the UFC, as you might expect from a UFC employee.
tomp6581
2/8/08 7:14:06AM

Posted by cloppio

i say god bless joe rogan. he speaks alot of truth. maybe you agree or not. joe speaks his mind. there is respect in that

Joe speaks his mind and I respect him for it. I also totally understand why Dana talks shit about fighters outside the ufc.
mrsmiley
2/8/08 7:48:15AM
Wow my respect for Rogan just went up 5,000 percent.
cmill21
2/8/08 8:40:38AM
Wow, that was not at all what I thought he would say lol. I do like joe but I don't like some of the things he says. I loved him on News Radio though lol.
kevietre
2/8/08 10:07:29AM
He has the balls to say what everyone in the UFC is thinking. IF DANA signed FEDOR he would be calling him the number one guy in the world, the best P4P heavyweight, the man, indestructible, but since he didnt sign him Dana said he's not that good. Give me a break!
Rush
2/8/08 11:01:14AM
I didn't see what the big deal was about what Rogan said.
atlas777
2/8/08 11:10:56AM
I expected joe rogan to talk about leg kicks more myself seeings thats all he talks about during events leg kicks and submissions with unspeakable names.
npayant
2/8/08 11:23:32AM

Posted by Rush

I didn't see what the big deal was about what Rogan said.

Yeah, basically he disagreed with Dana in the beginning, but said he's a businessman and knows what he's doing.

A lot of people despise Dana (including me most of the time), but he DEFINITELY must know what he's doing...he's brought this sport to where it is today and deserves a lot of credit for that. I honestly don't think it will be that long before Fedor is in the UFC and Dana promotes him up the ying yang!
fullerene
2/8/08 11:34:53AM
It shows, for better or worse, that the UFC is not run like most large commercial businesses. No way a spokesman for Ford or General Electric or even the NBA would go on the record and compliment a competitor while implying that the head of his own company was disingenious in his remarks without being fired or reprimanded for it.

I can respect Rogan for saying that and Dana White for not giving him heat for doing so.
BlazinSaddle
2/8/08 2:10:29PM
personaly when dana couldnt sign fedor and said there "crazy russians" it showed how much respect dana really has for fighters in or out of his organization what if chuck liddell would have quit right before the rampage fight, you think dana would have had good things to say if he went to Elite XC etc....No dana would have put down one of his best customers or friend if you will just because hes a businessman first and a friend second i have nothing wrong with that part its the disrespect i have a problem with

everything joe said was fine he spoke the truth on how dana feels about fighters he cant promote and sign multi fight contracts with, i guarentee if fedor went to dana right now and wanted in dana would not hesitate because dana knows who fedor is, i like how joe was so open about this and spoke out that he does not feel the same as his boss, i like how joe mentioned wanderlei silva and how dana talks smack about non contracted fighters

props to joe
Rush
2/8/08 2:28:36PM

Posted by fullerene

It shows, for better or worse, that the UFC is not run like most large commercial businesses. No way a spokesman for Ford or General Electric or even the NBA would go on the record and compliment a competitor while implying that the head of his own company was disingenious in his remarks without being fired or reprimanded for it.

I can respect Rogan for saying that and Dana White for not giving him heat for doing so.

That's just it. Joe was saying that he didn't agree with the comments that Dana White made regarding Fedor. I didn't hear him compliment a competitor. In fact, what I heard was that Joe was saying that he disagreed with Dana, but Dana was just saying what he was saying because it was a "smart business tactic."

In that respect, Joe wasn't saying anything negative about Dana or the UFC, but merely that Dana was just doing his job.
ocho-cinco
2/8/08 2:30:32PM
Rogan is the man. He can seem like a duche when you see him on fear factor or other times he's on TV, but when you hear him when he can just be himself he is one of the the most interesting, and honest people you will ever hear. I also really like him as a UFC anouncer. I don't always agree with his assesments, but I do most of the time, and I think he just calls it how he sees it, and thats all you can ask. He never says anything he can't back up. I'm getting prety sick of Goldberg though.....
Jackelope
2/8/08 2:32:24PM
Yeah Joe is an MMA fan before a UFC employee, and he relates to the fans because he's a dude's dude. I've been reading his blog for a while now, and to be honest I really like the guy. He's a pothead and all, but he really gets into the things he gets into and does them 100%, so I can respect that. Obviously that includes being a knowledgeable fan of MMA, and from that comes the thoughts on Fedor.
fullerene
2/8/08 2:59:57PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by fullerene

That's just it. Joe was saying that he didn't agree with the comments that Dana White made regarding Fedor. I didn't hear him compliment a competitor. In fact, what I heard was that Joe was saying that he disagreed with Dana, but Dana was just saying what he was saying because it was a "smart business tactic."

In that respect, Joe wasn't saying anything negative about Dana or the UFC, but merely that Dana was just doing his job.

The "competitor" is Fedor Emelianenko. He's the biggest star for one of the biggest competitive promotions for the UFC--the company that employes Joe. The party line is to say that all of the best fighters fight for the group you represent. Saying that someone fighting for a different org is better than anyone else, including your own fighters, promotes interest in the M-1 product and puts an asterisk by the champion the UFC promotes. That's why many places wouldn't allow someone to say what Rogan said. Like I mentioned, I respect him for being honest enough to say it and I respect Dana White for not taking him to task over it (that I know of).
telnights
2/8/08 3:11:11PM
Not that I don't agree with him but we are talking about a guy he preaches about drink your own urine and many other crazy things. I wouldn't take anything Rogan says to serious.
cowcatcher
2/8/08 3:13:53PM
i dont think dana puts the clamps on anything joe says or he wouldnt say the things telnights just mentioned. basically he didnt say anything all that special to me, just the honest truth that every MMA fan already knows.
Rush
2/8/08 3:34:02PM

Posted by fullerene

The "competitor" is Fedor Emelianenko. He's the biggest star for one of the biggest competitive promotions for the UFC--the company that employes Joe. The party line is to say that all of the best fighters fight for the group you represent. Saying that someone fighting for a different org is better than anyone else, including your own fighters, promotes interest in the M-1 product and puts an asterisk by the champion the UFC promotes. That's why many places wouldn't allow someone to say what Rogan said. Like I mentioned, I respect him for being honest enough to say it and I respect Dana White for not taking him to task over it (that I know of).

I see your perspective, but I still don't agree that Joe or Dana deserve any praise for it. Besides, we have still to wait to hear there is an "official" response to Joe's comments regarding Fedor. I don;t think there is any evidence to suggest that Dana let him say that or Joe is doing it on his own.

In addition, what Joe said about Fedor, in my eyes is just stating fact and not a subjective opinion related to a particular business interest. However, that "fact" is debatable among fans of MMA.
LuketheDuke
2/8/08 3:42:51PM
"If you get him on his back. . .he will **** you up. . ."

joe is a funny guy. he's like the spokesperson for what everyone is thinking. he can actually get heard while us average joes opinions don't mean anything. interesting how he can say these kind of things and not get in trouble for it.
bls1919
2/8/08 6:09:36PM
I like Joe a lot. He's brash and means what he says. And most of it is very inteligent and coherent, unlike mike goldberg who always seems to be half drunk
Pookie
2/8/08 6:25:29PM

Posted by telnights

Not that I don't agree with him but we are talking about a guy he preaches about drink your own urine and many other crazy things. I wouldn't take anything Rogan says to serious.

ive seen alot of his stand-up.... and he's actually a pretty deep dude, when he gets going about something hes thought about.

Find his bits on bacteria and space.
Cobbs666
2/8/08 7:20:16PM

Posted by atlas777

I expected joe rogan to talk about leg kicks more myself seeings thats all he talks about during events leg kicks and submissions with unspeakable names.

ya me and my buddies get a kick out of these new terms he comes up with sometimes, one of my favs was "oh he's got the grapevines in" haha or randy coutures " Oh looks like hes got a seatbelt"
whardin19
2/8/08 7:53:04PM
Joe Rogan only speaks the truth and that's why I like the guy. Props to Rogan!
cowcatcher
2/8/08 7:56:41PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by telnights

ive seen alot of his stand-up.... and he's actually a pretty deep dude, when he gets going about something hes thought about.

i remember him saying we are all bacteria on the earth, after thinking about this i had to sit back and say maybe he has a point.......then i took another hit from the bong and thought about nothing for a half an hour.
Pookie
2/8/08 7:59:38PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Pookie

Posted by telnights

i remember him saying we are all bacteria on the earth, after thinking about this i had to sit back and say maybe he has a point.......then i took another hit from the bong and thought about nothing for a half an hour.

yeah that was definitely the one i was talking about. Deep shit bro... funny thing is when i heard it i thought nothing of it, and then i hit my bong... half an hour later i was paranoid with fear that he was right.
BlazinSaddle
2/8/08 8:18:00PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Pookie

Posted by telnights

all life evolves and comes from space we start out as simple life and grow from there and inevitably we all go back to orignal form when we die which is dust particals and energy, microbacteria and bacteria is a simple form of life that all life originates from, thus the evolutionary cycle not made up fairy tales

if people would actually get out of the dark ages and understand how far we've come in terms of science and technology theyd understand that we are all the same and when we die, no different when other animals die, yes we are animals we share 100% of our DNA with life on earth and in space

i studied astronomy, cosmology and biology at USC for 8 years and i know how life works and how space works... these sciences explain where we came from and in the near future most religions and superstitions will yield to fact instead of fiction, thank you charles darwin the first man to truly understand the life cycle and the truths behind them
jrmmaclassics
2/8/08 8:36:55PM
Joe is a stand up guy, he is a true fan of mma and speaks his mind about it. I think if everyone who badmouths him would get a chance to meet the guy like I did and talk to him would find out how much of a stand up guy he is. He commentates like he is sitting at a bar with his buddies talking about how great this move was or that move was. Great post man.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
FeelTheJoy
2/9/08 4:26:43PM
joe is awesome.
jiujitsufreak74
2/9/08 4:41:59PM

Posted by Cobbs666

Posted by atlas777

ya me and my buddies get a kick out of these new terms he comes up with sometimes, one of my favs was "oh he's got the grapevines in" haha or randy coutures " Oh looks like hes got a seatbelt"

actually those are real terms, they are just wrestling terms. grape vines are pretty much hooks so it is just another name that has been around for a while. its not like joe is just making something up, he is actually using real terms.

as for joe's statements, i think he is a lot smarter than most people besides maybe rush are noticing. he was extremely careful with his words regarding dana white to make sure that he didn't upset dana. if you notice, he found a way to disagree with dana while at the same time boosting dana's big ego so that he won't get in trouble. he sounded like he was speaking from the heart, and maybe he was for the most part, but in terms of his comments on dana he was very wise with the wording that he used because he can now appeal to the MMA fan and to dana. with that said i 100% agree with his view regarding both fedor and dana whether it be his real view or not.
Pages: [1] 2